“Put down by unethical behaviour”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Avenue Hotel

Avenue Hotel
Ranked #253 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Put down by unethical behaviour”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The receptionist (who was very unfriendly at the first place) checked me into a cramped room, despite my booking for a deluxe king bed room through the hotel website at the full rate of AED 630 (incl charges). I was in a hurry to go for a meeting and did not not notice this. Later, when I came back to the room in the evening, I realized that they had put me into a small, cramped room - the only such a room on the floor - which was made to fill the structural gap of the staircase! I felt cheated (first time with a hotel in Dubai) and didn't have the confidence to stay there anymore. So, I went to a friend's place and stayed there, leaving the room untouched.

Next day, when I went to the hotel to settle the bill, I explained my dissapointment and frustration to the receptionist (it was a friendly lady). She promised to inform this to the management.

I wonder if the management will ever realize the importance of ethical behaviour by their staff.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Mark G, Vice President Hotels and Leisure at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear BJDXB

I was very disappointed to read your review and find out that you did not enjoy your stay at our Avenue Hotel and that we clearly failed to meet your expectations in March 2014.

Firstly I need to assure you that our group and hotel do not practice any unethical behavior and I am sure if you were not happy with the size of your room our team would definitely have looked into moving you to a more comfortable room. I can assure you all our rooms conform to Government standards pertaining to a 4* Hotel. I am truly sorry you felt your experience in our hotel was poor.

BJDXB as you can see by our many positive reviews here on Tripadvisor regarding Avenue Hotel we have not had issues regarding the size of our rooms, however I am truly sorry you felt this way and I would really like you to get in touch directly with us as we would really like to restore your faith back into our Hotel, by inviting you back.

I look forward to be given the opportunity to communicate with you, where you will allow me the opportunity to discuss your stay with us.

SFC Group

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Great place to stay, big room, friendly staff and perfect location. The only "problem" that was not a problem for us at the end was the smell of the elevators and some carpet areas, a little bit too strong for us. The breakfast is ok but nothing exceptional. If we go back to Dubai, we would stay there again. The people that work there are fantastic.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Renata S
Mark G, Vice President Hotels and Leisure at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Renata S

Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay with your family in our Avenue Hotel in Dubai in January 2014. It is very pleasing to hear that overall you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable. It is great to see you experienced everything good that Dubai has to offer.

As a hotel it is very important to get feedback from our guest. Thank you for your comments regarding our location right in the heart of Dubai's business district of Deira on Riqqa Road as well as our friendly staff and the great size of our rooms

Once again thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again very soon.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The Fillipino staff is friendly. Room and breakfast fine as well. 200 m. from Al Rigga metro station. Many restaurants nearby. Room 611 is a corner room which is possible to connect with the neighbor room - which might be an advantage for families. Speaking of families - you should not enter the Steak bar at the Mezzamine floor after 19.00 with kids. But i believe the staff will prevent you doing so. Families will have no trouble staying in the hotel as the activity in the Steak bar is limited to that area.

Room Tip: 611 is a corner room and there are a connection door to the neighbor room which could be an advantag...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Henrik S
Mark G, Vice President Hotels and Leisure at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Henrik S

Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay in our Avenue Hotel in Dubai in January 2014. It is very pleasing to hear that overall you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable. It is great to see you experienced everything good that Dubai has to offer.

It was really great to hear you enjoyed our facilities especially our steakhouse which serves some of the finest steaks in the whole of Dubai.

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Clean nice rooms, with all comfort
There are several restaurants, but they are pricey and nothing special
We had no problems from the traffic and disco noice
Its near the busstop and metro
Staff is friendly and helpfull

Room Tip: rooms at the backside, so you don't hear the noice from the street
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank broederwim
Dear Broederwim

As a hotel it is very important to get feedback from our guest. Thank you for your comments regarding our location right in the heart of Dubai's business district of Deira on Riqqa Road where you can find everything from malls to great restaurants to business as well as the brand new metro station which is 200 meters away which takes you to see some of the most iconic paces in the world, like the world famous Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa, Dubai Marina, Palm Jumeirah and Atlantis. I am extremely pleased to hear one of our restaurant and bar is your favorite in the whole of Dubai

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 3 January 2014

It's. Very nice hotel , clean , friendly staff. , non smoking rooms , I like my suite there .. With balcony ... wifi , big living room ,,, big two bath rooms ,,, two TVS ..... Bar ,, n very open windows so Fresh air coming through your suite corners.

Room Tip: Suite corner .
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Abdulla A
Mark G, Vice President Hotels and Leisure at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Abdulla A

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your suite room with balcony, the service from my team, the layout and size of your room. It is always pleasing to see our team were there to tend to all your needs and make your time with us that much better. Thank you for the great comment about my team being polite and always being friendly. I will certainly pass on all your comments to the team as this shows us the great personal touch we provide for our guests.

As a hotel it is very important to get feedback from our guest. Thank you for your great comments regarding our fantastic location right in the heart of Dubai's business district of Deira on Riqqa Road where you can find everything from malls to great restaurants to business as well as the brand new metro station which is 200 meters away which takes you to see some of the most iconic paces in the world, like the world famous Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa, Dubai Marina, Palm Jumeirah and Atlantis. I am extremely pleased to hear one of our restaurant and bar is your favorite in the whole of Dubai

Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My fiance and i are interested in traveling and until today have had different trips to some countries.Although we heard a lot about Dubai, yet we have not been there. Finally, after months we decide to travel to dubai at 8 January 2014. we have booked a double bedroom for 4 nights.
I found Tripadvisor.com so usefull to find hotels, then after searching different hotels in Dubai, we choosed Avenue Hotel based on positive reviews, prices and its location.
I want to write a comprehensive review about different aspects of Avenue Hotel after my trip.
wait for my full review...

Mahdi Nooriaboozari

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mahdi N
Dear Mahdi N

We look forward to welcoming you to our Avenue Hotel and we hope you have a great stay and enjoy our beautiful city.

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for two nights. .the staff was polite and friendly. Room was kind of small but clean and tidy. The location of the hotel is best. I am sure I will back to this hotel and will recommend it to others also.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Ibrahim N
Mark G, Vice President Hotels and Leisure at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Ibrahim N

Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay in our Avenue Hotel in Dubai in November 2013. It is very pleasing to hear that overall you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable. It is great to see you experienced everything good that Dubai has to offer.

I am very pleased that your expectation have been met and that you had a great stay. It is always pleasing to see our team were there to tend to all your needs and make your time with us that much better. Thank you for the great comment about my team being polite and always being friendly. I will certainly pass on all your comments to the team as this shows us the great personal touch we provide for our guests.