“I shall return”

Ranked #261 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Cebu, Philippines
“I shall return”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The location is great as its very near the airport and metro station. The staff are nice and warm. We requested few stuff and asked questions. I really appreciate for they were able to handle all our requests swiftly. You made our stay in Dubai memorable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vfmr01
Mark G, Vice President Hotels and Leisure at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Vfmr01

Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay in our Avenue Hotel in Dubai in April 2014. It is very pleasing to hear that overall you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable. It is great to see you experienced everything good that Dubai has to offer.

I am very pleased that all our facilities met your expectations and more, and it is very pleasing you will come back and stay again. As you mention our location is fantastic right in the heart of Deira, next to the brand new Metro which can take you all over Dubai.

I am very happy my team were able to accommodate your requests so swiftly and by doing so made your stay that much better.

Once again thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

SFC Group

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We stay at avenue hotel for 5 days , the price per night was fair , location near the metro station few steps to get the metro station , there is many market near this hotel , and also many restaurant lebaneese food , only bad not it is the bed too much small and bad smell in loby but we love this hotel for his value budget and his location

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cine5
Mark G, Vice President Hotels and Leisure at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Cine5

I am very pleased that all our facilities met your expectations and more, and it is very pleasing you will come back and stay again. Our location is fantastic right in the heart of Deira next to the brand new Metro which can take you all over Dubai.

I am sorry to hear you experienced a bad smell in our lobby area. I can assure you this has never happened before and I have brought this to my House Keeping Manager attention and I am sure that was a one off experience.

Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Paid good money for a 4 stars hotel and got services for a 2 stars one. dirty carpets cheap breakfast and the last day though they had rooms but with the excuse of having a food festival going on in town they charged me $250 for Motel 6 room. Front desk staff rude and though I asked for non smoking room they give me room in a smoking floor!!! again they lied that they dont have room and this time I yelled and got a room immediately. The cleaning staff really nice and humble but the mini fridge inspector was checking everyday @11 everyday till I told him can you check it at the end of my 10 days stay? Paid $15 for an espresso. Rooms are dark and you feel everything is dated and dirty. nothing is hanged on the wall straight nothing. You can see all the flights and even count the plane windows that is how close you are to the airport.

Will not suggest this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: Dont try this hotel not good for the money you pay.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Mark G, Vice President Hotels and Leisure at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear GitaNour

I was very disappointed to read your review and find out that you did not enjoy your stay at our Avenue Hotel and that we clearly failed to meet your expectations in February 2014.

I have gone through your booking details and investigated your comments and I can see your booking is from a Travel Agent here in Dubai for 8 nights, you then extended your trip by one night during the busiest exhibitionist period in Dubai called Gulf Food, hence the price increase. At the time of checking in there were no available non smoking rooms, we did however move you the following day to a non smoking room for the rest of your stay. Just FYI your Travel Agent had not informed us of any special requirements regarding a non smoking room. I was also very surprised by your comments comparing our room to a Motel 6 room which I think is very unfair as I have traveled in the USA and I can assure you our rooms and hotel is far superior than that. We are truly sorry you felt your experience in our hotel was poor.

Gita Nour as you can see by our many positive reviews here on Tripadvisor regarding Avenue Hotel we have not had issues regarding the size of our rooms,the light of the room however I can assure you our rooms are well maintained and cleaned daily by our very experienced House Keeping team. I am truly sorry you felt this way and I would really like you to get in touch directly with us as we would really like to restore your faith back into our Hotel, by inviting you back.

I look forward to be given the opportunity to communicate with you, where you will allow me the opportunity to discuss your stay with us.

SFC Group

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 14 April 2014

the location is good. rooms are silent and comfortable, the breakfast is great but lunch and dinner are not good i suppose its because of Filipino taste.
in January 2014 i was there for 3 nights, all guests were Iranian like me so i think an Iranian Chef will help.
there is no luggage room and the Hotel keeps guest's luggage in the lobby. the night club is only a place for ugly H***ers not dancing and drinling. the drinks are expensive (considering the situation)

Room Tip: the further from the night club the better
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Meghdad S
Dear Meghdad S

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with your friend in our Avenue Hotel in Dubai in January 2014. It is very pleasing to hear that overall you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable. It is great to see you experienced everything good that Dubai has to offer.

As a hotel it is very important to get feedback from our guest. You mention we do not have a luggage room in our hotel, I would like to clarify that yes we do have a luggage room where we do store our guest luggage and belongings.

Regarding our Restaurant and Bar on our mezzanine floor I am very disappointed how you have explained this in your review. We run a very reputable establishment at the Avenue Hotel with many families and business people staying with us and we are always told how great our food and our live bands are and how much people enjoy themselves with their Friends. I was very surprised by your choice of words and I can assure you we do not allow such activities in our Hotel.

Once again thank you very much for your words and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again very soon.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Overview:

At first glance the hotel seems newer than what it really is, the lobby is smaller than what it seems from the outside which makes it a short walk from the taxi to the check in counter.

The Good:

-The Bar at the M level is by the far the High point of the hotel even though they were out of my preferred beer. It had a Billiard table, Live band, dancers, separate elevator access, clean bathrooms and a private enough atmosphere to make you feel very welcome.
-The Chef is far better than the Kitchen deserves as the steak was not just superbly seasoned it was cooked excellently beyond my expectation.
-Location of the hotel is very inviting considering the price of the hotel is under $200 a night.
-Staff is friendly.

The Bad:

-Rooms are small when compared to other hotels in Dubai and are worn down with a Musky smell.
-A/C seems to run at half power as the hotel feels overly warm.
-Restaurant is unattractive and does not feel completely sanitized.
-Buffet was small and unappealing.
-No free Internet or Transportation to Airport.
-Check-in requires Front desk to hold on to your Passport for 30 minutes.

Conclusion:

My overnight Stay ran just below $200, which in my opinion made this an overpriced experience dropping this review to 2, if it would have run around $120 I would rate it around 3. Although the Chef and the Bar were good, they did not compensate for the many negative drawbacks this hotel presented. If you decide to stay here it is at your own risk.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank N_FamilyGeorgia
Mark G, Vice President Hotels and Leisure at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear N_FamilyGeorgia

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay in our Avenue Hotel in Dubai in March 2014.

It is pleasing to hear that you had some positive comments regarding your stay especially our team being friendly, our chef who has cooked you a superb steak and our great location and price. I am though disappointed that you felt your room was to small and your air conditioning was not working properly. I wish you had mentioned to one of my duty managers at the time who I am sure would of tried to accommodate any of your requests.

As a hotel it is very important to get feedback from our guest which allows us to my your or any other guest's experience better. Thank you for your comments regarding our breakfast, I have passed on your comments to our Head Chef and F&B Manager who will certainly look into those.

Once again thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again very soon.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My bestfriend and I stayed here for 6 days in december, 2013 and were satisfied with everything. The staff were friendly and helpfull, the breakfast buffet was good and varied from day to day, so there were enough choices to make each morning;-). The "cook" who made our eggs after our liking, was amicable and all in all no complaints on the staff. The room was clean and had an electric kettle so it was possible to make coffee/tea. Location was very convenient for shops and close to Metro and bus stations. The mini-bar was sealed, but it would have been nice if we could have had OUR OWN water bottles in it - However we do realize that the hotel would like to earn a few DH on overpriced water from the minibar and it saves the staff time from checking each day to see if it needs filling up. All in all a hotel we wouldn´t mind staying at again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Mark G, Vice President Hotels and Leisure at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Oneleggedmamma

Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay with your friend in our Avenue Hotel in Dubai in December 2013. It is very pleasing to hear that overall you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable. It is great to see you experienced everything good that Dubai has to offer.

As a hotel it is very important to get feedback from our guest. Thank you for your comments regarding our breakfast and especially the way you like your eggs cooked as well as our friendly staff and the great size of our rooms

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The receptionist (who was very unfriendly at the first place) checked me into a cramped room, despite my booking for a deluxe king bed room through the hotel website at the full rate of AED 630 (incl charges). I was in a hurry to go for a meeting and did not not notice this. Later, when I came back to the room in the evening, I realized that they had put me into a small, cramped room - the only such a room on the floor - which was made to fill the structural gap of the staircase! I felt cheated (first time with a hotel in Dubai) and didn't have the confidence to stay there anymore. So, I went to a friend's place and stayed there, leaving the room untouched.

Next day, when I went to the hotel to settle the bill, I explained my dissapointment and frustration to the receptionist (it was a friendly lady). She promised to inform this to the management.

I wonder if the management will ever realize the importance of ethical behaviour by their staff.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Mark G, Vice President Hotels and Leisure at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear BJDXB

I was very disappointed to read your review and find out that you did not enjoy your stay at our Avenue Hotel and that we clearly failed to meet your expectations in March 2014.

Firstly I need to assure you that our group and hotel do not practice any unethical behavior and I am sure if you were not happy with the size of your room our team would definitely have looked into moving you to a more comfortable room. I can assure you all our rooms conform to Government standards pertaining to a 4* Hotel. I am truly sorry you felt your experience in our hotel was poor.

BJDXB as you can see by our many positive reviews here on Tripadvisor regarding Avenue Hotel we have not had issues regarding the size of our rooms, however I am truly sorry you felt this way and I would really like you to get in touch directly with us as we would really like to restore your faith back into our Hotel, by inviting you back.