“Felt like dining in an ashtray!”

Oscar's Vine Society
Ranked #515 of 9,657 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Description: A cozy Provencal style bistro, boasting an extensive selection of 120 different wines, 40 served by the glass. The venue also offers a wide selection of bistro bites and traditional homemade specialties that feature some classic south eastern French fair, with the menu changing according to what is in season. With its relaxed, inviting atmosphere and expert staff on hand to assist with food and wine pairings, it provides the perfect after work destination to enjoy.
London, United Kingdom
“Felt like dining in an ashtray!”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

The staff here were utterly lovely. The food is quite tasty, good portion size & very reasonably priced. The wine list is extensive but expensive (however this is fairly normal in Dubai). The decor & atmosphere here were nice. The one reason I would never return here nor recommend it is because of the disgusting smoking allowed in all areas of the restaurant/bar... And not just cigarettes either, at least two tables were puffing down on cigars- gross! This is a completely indoor only restaurant on the 4th floor with no fresh air- I cannot emphasize enough how awful it was... Such a shame as the place is quite lovely otherwise...

Lee on the Solent
“All that glitters is not gold .....”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I entered a wonderfully rustic restaurant with a fine spread of cheeses and cold cuts, supported by fresh bread spread out in a buffet to be sampled with fine wines. Live music and hung lighting set up this venue as an escape from the busy Crowne Plaza Hotel and bussle of Dubai City. I ordered Tuna Fish Cake and sampled a nice Shiraz as other guests arrived. A diner lit up a cigarette and I asked to move to the no smoking area, only to find there wasn't one. My meal arrived and 'cake' was the word; it was like no other fish cake I've ever had. It was a loaf like cake with flecks of olive and tuna in it and was just about tasteless. I looked to the cold cuts and cheeses to see smoke drifting across the buffet from the neighbouring tables. Unfortunately I had order my dessert up front having seen creme brulee on the menu. I asked for my desert in the hope it would arrive quickly and I could escape the increasingly poisonous atmosphere. It arrived and I wouldn't 'recommend the creme brulee', it was an overcooked rubbery insult to the brilliance that is a good brulee. Then the bill arrived and at $12 a small glass of common brand Shiraz I knew I had fallen into the trap of being enticed in by a potentially great venue by its looks alone.

• Visited December 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Authentic French food. The best wine bar in Town”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

One of my favorite place in town. The food is awsome and authentic. Great cheeses and cold cuts buffet selection. Good selection of wine by the glass. Friendly staff.
Try the steak tartare or the hot vacherin!

• Visited January 2012
Dubai
“Friendly and tasty”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We visited Oscar's after winning a gift voucher with a dinner for two at a raffle.
We really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere with groups of white collars celebrating the beginning of the week-end.
The excellent French food was served by efficient staff. The variety of choice is amazing, although we opted for very classical dishes. Meat is delicious, cheese is well matured, selection of bottles in the menu is very appropriate.
This is definitely a restaurant we added in our personal address book with the objective to come back (by taxi) with other friends.

• Visited November 2011
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I first went to Oscar's 3 weeks ago lured by the offer of a free bottle of wine. It was great to discover this little cavern tucked away in a large Crowne Plaza, almost over-looked in a large family of good eateries they have. Oscar's is friendly, if very quiet, and I've been back once again because I liked the wine, the service, and the unpretentious food. Very good steak and goat's cheese. Good value with all the discounts they give. I wish they didn't let people smoke at the tables!

• Visited July 2011
CPDUBTC, E-Commerce Executive at Oscar's Vine Society, responded to this review, 31 July 2011
Dear Valued Guests,
Thank you for taking time to write a review of Oscar's Vine Society. Thank you for giving us top scores on value & services, as well as the overall score.
We appreciate your feedback about the staff, service & the food. Recognition from our guests is music to our ears.
We will share your valuable comments with the management and staff.
Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards,