“Great Rooms, Good Value for Money - A great option for TECOM!”
Review of Byblos Hotel Dubai

Byblos Hotel Dubai
Ranked #289 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is my second stay at Byblos and I feel this hotel is great value for money (especially a much better option than neighbouring Auris Central Suites (where I've also stayed).

The check-in was swift. The hotel lobby is basic almost like that of a appartment block, but the rooms are great, with nice washroom and rain shower that i enjoyed. The rooms have a modern feel and are spacious for the value.

Now, the reviews about the night club are totally acurate. This property has a very popular nightclub and in fact at night the entire lobby takes on the look of the night club entry. So the music is loud but its on the 16th floor, so my suggestion is to take the lower floors.

The other downside is that there wifi is expensive, but right across is Costa Cafe and that has free wifi.

Also another positive was the convinent walk from the metro station and the fact that a lot of convience store & pharmacies are around also makes it a good choice. In fact "Zatar wa Zeit" Lebanese fusion Deli locate right opposite is open till very late at night (i ate there at 3:45 a.m in the morning) offer great value for money meals.

The hotel has an Irish pub that does great lunch deals with traditional fish & chips and burgers with combo alcaholic drinks and free wifi ... I enjoyed eating there.

Now this is NOT a family hotel, I wouldnt stay here if i was travelling with my kids, because there are a lot of single men and women and its sort of the bachelor and hen party place ... you'll hear some partying from rooms as you walk past the hall... i didn't mind it as i too was on a weekend get-away to Dubai.

So if its a great room, just wanna have fun and shop, this is a great hotel - you can reach Dubai Marina, JBR, Mall of the Emirates all within 5 minute cab ride.

I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a lower room as the 16th Floor has a Night Club and its quite loud. The Irish Pub offers g...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Gailani I
ByblosHotelDubai, The Management at Byblos Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Dear Mr. Ibrahim,
May I first thank you for taking the time to express your feelings towards your experience by staying at Byblos Hotel.
We are pleased to know that you find our accommodation, staff and outlets so great. And about the noise coming from our Chameleon Club; we are working on it.
We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for staying with us at Byblos Hotel.
Given the chance to welcome you as our guest on your next trip to Dubai, I shall be happy to meet you in person, assuring you much better experience of our hospitality.

The Management

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I booked into the Byblos Hotel in May ahead of a business meeting in Dubai the following day, in search of a good night sleep (several months pregnant and keen to be well rested!).

Having checked into a room on the 14th or 15th floor, I went to bed at 10pm and was woken by about midnight with the walls, bed and ceiling all reverberating -- it transpired there is a nightclub on the top floor (immediately above the room). No mention of this was made at check-in unfortunately.

After calling reception and requesting a room change, I was moved to the 10th floor in the opposite corner of the hotel tower, and thought the sound levels were slightly improved. Given the night porter informed me this was the only room available, i tried again to sleep (time now 1.15am).

45 minutes later, it was still impossible to sleep (teacups and saucers clattering to the vibrations!) sadly, so i called reception/night porter and requested to speak to the Manager. At this point, with few options left at my disposal i insisted an alternative room was sought. Initially, this was seen as impossible - until i mentioned i was pregnant. A further 45 minutes later, a room was located on the 4th floor of the hotel, and i was again helped to relocate to the new room. Thankfully - i can report a good night sleep from 2.45am until my alarm went off, in my new room on the 4th floor.

Please beware of the noise from the club if you are looking for a restful night!

Two emails raising the issue with Management have gone unanswered in the past 3 months, so I feel it is only fair to highlight this issue to future potential guests.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room above the 4th floor - even on a week night..... the nightclub is open every nig...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank littlesuse
ByblosHotelDubai, Manager at Byblos Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Littlesuse,

Thank you for taking the trouble to write your feelings about your experience staying at Byblos Hotel Tecom.

It is with such positive criticism that we build our operation on and move forward.

We are aware of the inconvenience that some rooms on the 15th floors below Chameleon Club- the sound get to the rooms. We are working on improving the soundproofing but the same, unfortunately, it would not be eliminated, therefore these rooms should only be allocated to early check in guests until we manage to solve the problem.

If you decide to come back and stay at Byblos Hotel Tecom on your next visit, I will be happy to offer you a drink and meet you in person.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Room was nice, but couldn't sleep until 3 am because the music from the club was so LOUD, was the same as being in the club!
Parking lot not spacious and dodgy . Elevators take forever, and staff should not be allowed to use them, as they should have staff elevators.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Paulo M

Dear Mr. Paulo,

We shall enforce the policy: staff not to use guests lifts as beside 3 guest lifts, there are staff lift and service lift.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is at the heart of TECOM area and during off peak times it offers excellent rates. It is a modern hotel, reception staff are efficient and helpful and the pub on the ground floor (Crown and Lion) is excellent value for the range of food, drinks and live music.
Breakfast is good but not great and wifi is not free which is rather inconvenient but perhaps justifiable due to the low rates offered.
There is a top floor night club that seems to be quite trendy and popular but try to avoid staying on the floor below it because I stayed once and there was a problem with the noise and vibrations.
Frequent customers get regular upgrades which is a welcome gesture and seems to be standard hotel policy.
Overall great value for money judging by Dubai standards.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Michael,

“Check in as a guest, check out being a friend”.

May I first thank you for the time you took to express your feelings towards your experience staying at Byblos Hotel Tecom.

We take pride to find out that your stay was a pleasant one and consider it good value for money.

As per our company’s motto above, we will be happy to meet you in person on your next visit to Byblos Hotel Tecom.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The rooms are spacious and clean, seemed quite modern, good view on a high floor with a balcony.

HOWEVER, the staff are rude and unhelpful, the taxi staff outside HARASSED me and LIED and told me the hotel taxis are the same price as regular taxis. I was abruptly ushered into a hotel taxi and when I asked the driver about the price he told me they were much more expensive than a regular taxi! I was fuming and refused to pay extra. When I complained to the manager she said she would get back to us regarding a solution. Did she ever bother to speak to us after? Nope. She even waved us goodbye the following day that we left like nothing had happened.

The wifi is a con. You pay for a scratch card but they don't tell you that the meter runs continuously. It's rubbish.

Decent breakfast buffet, good location and fairly priced. Shame about the staff. I would NOT recommend this hotel to ANYONE. It's Dubai. There are PLENTY more hotels at a similar price offering a lot more.

Never again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Samantha,

May I first thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at Byblos Hotel Tecom.

It’s only with positive criticism as such that we focus on and move forward.

Taxis are RTA pertaining to government- I wish you had taken the car plate number to investigate further the problem.

Ms. Samantha, given the chance to welcome you as our guest on your next trip to Dubai, I shall be happy to meet with you in person, assuring you much better experience of our hospitality!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I'm a regular visitor to Dubai ( 10-12 visits per year) and i always stay in different hotels. always varies from 4 to 5 stars. This is by far the worst of the worst. ( point number two explains why)

I booked for 2 nights during Eid vacation 2014 and it was the worst.

First Disaster:

We were given the room me and my wife were very tired and we decided to take a short nap. Since we both sleep in the dark we wanted to switch off the lights. and to our astonishment the lights wont turn off. i called house keeping ( never in my life i would have imagined asking this question), Sir how do u turn off the light in the room? he answered in the most ironic way. you just press the off bottom.
After explaining to him that this is what i did he told me he will send some one to TEACH me how to switch off the light.
Once the service engineer came he checked the light and told me it is ok and ON. i told him i wanted OFF and to SHOCKING he asked me : WHY SIR?
I couldn't control myself at this point and i went to the reception and asked for my room to be changed. the manager then informed me that they will fix it in 5 min and that i just have to stay in the room. After 30 minutes the light was fixed.

Second Disaster:

After settling down i was checking the closet looking for an extra pillow. To my astonishment i saw something yellow in the top shelve. Being a tall person i leaned to check what it was and then i couldn't believe my eyes.
On that top shelve there was a USED DUREX Lubricant that house keeping forgot to clean from the previous guest.

I contacted the hotel and informed them that i am going to report this and they just said that this could happen in any hotel and that they don't have any extra rooms for me to switch.

this is by far the worst hotel not only in Dubai but i think in the world.

i would never recommend this hotel to any one.

Pictures of the incident attached.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Ijouj
Reviewed 2 July 2014

On the recommendation of a colleague who has stayed in the Byblos on a number of occasions and was happy with it, I decided to try it out for my most recent stay in Dubai. I was there from Sunday to Friday (5 nights) and overall I was really happy with the hotel and will stay there again.

The first thing about this hotel is the price - the current low season price makes this a very attractive economy hotel at this time of the year. I|t was significantly less than what I have paid in other hotels in Dubai.

The lobby is nice and clean and well staffed at all times. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

The room was very clean, nicely decorated, large bathroom and we did not feel cramped in any way. There are a number of restaurants in the hotel and we only tried out one of them and were happy with the service and food. For the World Cup the Byblos have a very large screen on the wall outside the restaurant on the first floor with a tiered seating arrangement. The hotel also had outdoor coolers to make it easier to enjoy the experience.

There is a pub on the ground floor (which I did not try out) and a nightclub on the top floor. Unlike other hotels where I have stayed - the nightclub I did not hear from my room. We were on the 7th floor and the nightclub was on the top floor - I believe the 14th.

This hotel is very close to the Dubai Metro - Dubai Media City Stop, and also has shops, cafes close by. You can be in Mall of the Emirates in 2 stops on the metro, or Dubai Marina in 2/3 stops depending on which section of it you want to go to,.

The main negative I had for the room was that wifi was not provided and was available at a hourly, 3 hourly or daily rate. The 1 hour charge was 15dnr, 3 hour is 45 and the daily 100. I would have preferred that the room was a little dearer and the wifi included.

Overall though, this was a very positive experience, a clean and pleasant hotel, close to most facilities and one where I will certainly stay in again. I believe though, that rates can be more expensive during the prime season in Dubai.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Anthony G
ByblosHotelDubai, Byblos Hotel at Byblos Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with regard to your recent stay at Byblos Hotel Dubai.

We are delighted to read your positive remarks about the hotel and we are glad to know that you were happy with your stay with us.

We greatly appreciate your comments and we hope to welcome you on your next trip to Dubai.

The Management