3 people are viewing this hotel
US$128
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews bur dubai metro station rooftop pool walking distance executive suite travel desk shopping mall buffet breakfast rooms are spacious special mention housekeeping staff early check house keeping special thanks guineas ihg emad
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Lovely hotel. Great service. Good city location. Very central to Metro and buses. Offers hotel shuttle to beach and mall. Well appointed, luxurious and comfortable.
Good beds
Fridge
Safe
Free Wi-Fi in room
Ironing facilities.
Widest range of buffet breakfast option imagineable.

Date of stay: January 2013
4  Thank Belinda R
Mark A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us to let us know about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai-Embassy District, nothing pleases more than to have such a loyal guest like you.

Your feedback is very important to us, and it will be shared with the entire staff so we can keep focusing what's matter to us which is delivering great service and product.

We look forward to welcoming you back at your second home the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai-Embassy District in the near future.

Truly yours,

Mark A. Allaf
Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Excellent rooms and food, good service!!.. Excellent manager ( Mr.alexander) that cares about his guests we are so gratefully about his excellent treat, we was a group of 12 and all of us are very pleased about hotel treat.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mile S

Dear Valued Guest,

Truly yours,

Mark A. Allaf
Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Stayed here for a night between flights and I thought it was a good chance to catch up on some sleep. I've never been more wrong.

Firstly, I booked using Expedia so my room should have been pre-arranged. However upon arriving I was told I'd have to wait for an hour before my room would be ready. This wait quickly escalated to 2 hours. I sat through a shift change, and after inquiring with the new receptionist, I was informed that my room has been ready for a long time.

Secondly, after finally managing to get in my room and in bed, I fell asleep. Only to be woken up by someone rummaging through the minibar. Note that I was traveling alone. After cursing and switching on the lights, I realized that it was a hotel employee restocking the minibar. While I was sleeping!! His excuse was 'there's no record of this room being occupied in the system.'

Hotel is nicely placed and nicely designed. Average food quality and amazingly close to the airport. However unless the service gets a complete overhaul, I absolutely would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear BuntyM,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ferdinand G

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Location location location...

This is an excellently placed 4 star hotel. It is excellently placed because it is at walking distance to the Creek which is a very nice place to go for a walk, and the metro station as well as the shopping center Burjuman are just around the corner. Unfortunately, around the hotel there is nothing beautiful, just construction zones and boring apartments.

Currently there are 2 construction zones just in front of the hotel, so don't expect a quiet place during the day. They work 7 days a week, and start as early as 8 am (except on Fridays which they seem to start later). As of January 2013, they were digging the foundations, so I am guessing this will go on 2013 and maybe a bit of 2014. So if you are on a tour and expect to start early, that won't be a problem. But if you are on your own and expect to sleep late (and start your day late), you won't be very happy.

The hotel

The hotel is a Holiday Inn, and many things are quite regulated by the chain. The room is quite big, with TV and all the expected amenities. You have the choice of pillows and save, etc.

The hotel has a shuttle service to the outlet mall and to the beach. We did not take them, but we think it is nice to have that service included.

They have a rooftop pool. Don't expect a great view there, its just the buildings around which are not spectacular (And the construction zones).

There are 2 different wall plugs in the room. The lamps are connected to the typical European plug (like the one used in Germany with 2 circles), and the other plugs are the typical British ones. I personally disconnected the lamp to use the European plug and avoided using any adapter.

The food is O.K. and I would say that they do think on pleasing everyone. The food tends to be more Indian than western, yet everyone finds something for sure. After 7 days, I got a bit bored, but that is because I am not used to eat Indian food every day, and they do seem to recycle the food.

There are some negative points that are important for future guests to know to make an informed decision.

1) There are 4 or 5 bars / discos on the first floor. This can be a nightmare if you have a room right above it on the 1st floor.

2) The staff is clueless. This might be a cultural thing, but you expect more from the people on the front desk. You would expect them to know a bit about the city. We wanted to know about the new years celebration... they didn't know anything.

3) If you have your meal or dinner on the restaurant, you might want to have a drink. First of all, from the 7 days we were there, the staff only approached us 3 times to ask if we wanted to order something, then you get whatever you ordered and they won't ask again, you have to call them which is not easy because they are not always there. Then you have to pay cash whatever you have on that day which makes you to have enough money to be able to pay them. We really do not understand why can't you charge the beverages to the room, it would be easier and they would sell more.

4) There is an inherent lack of pro activeness. There was a lamp that was flickering in our bathroom. The first day, we tolerated it and thought: well, the maid will notice it and have it fixed. To our surprise, nothing happened, so I had to inform the reception about it and then they changed it. (I mean, it is no big deal, its not a luxury hotel where I expect high quality, but Holiday Inn can do better).

5) The reception took our passport and did not give it back until the end of our stay. I mean, if they want some kind of deposit, they should ask for a credit card. And if the government requires them to do so, they should say it. Anyway, I don't like to loose control of my passport. So you should at least tell them to make a copy of it for you to carry. (We were never asked for the passport or anything on the street, but just in case)

In summary.
I took a group trip, so I don't know how much it costed, so I guess it is a good place to stay. The restaurant has its minus points and the service is a bit rusty, yet the location is quite decent.

Room tip: It is very very very important to get a room which is as far away as possible to the disco if you want to have a quiet room. So at least you have to be on the 2nd floor. We got room 259 and it was fine. We could still hear the bass sounds from the disco, yet very low.
Date of stay: January 2013
4  Thank JCGarza
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear JCGarza,

Ferdinand G

Reviewed 4 January 2013

We staid at this hotel between Dec 27, 2012 to Jan.2 2013. The hotel we would rate as general middle class (not upper as in our booking mentioned), but there is not too much to complain about. The room was very nice, clean and large enough, the staff very friendly and helpful at any time, their English is without any issues. Services in the hotel in general are good, the breakfast is plenty, but at times crowded and then starts to look a bit messy as staff cant keep up. Even so not right Downtown, we loved the location of the hotel with BurJurman Mall and BurJuman Metro Station a few steps away from the hotel. Also taking a taxi is no issue as it is easy to catch one. Teh pool area is so so, not so nicely maintained and the the view is obstructed by high fences. SOon there will be buildings around which are higher.
Our complaints: there is massive construction all around the hotel which is likely to go on for a while, and the noise is terrible, even with closed windows. Heavy duty machinery at work. Another thing that upset us and is quite unusual ( I do a lot of business travel) is the fact, that even in the Lobby, WiFI was not free but always charged. Here I need to ask the question why the Hotel does not make the WiFi at least free in the lobby and adjust their room rates a bit if this is really necessary. To generally charge WiFi is not acceptable these days any more. In the room it may be ok, but not in the lobby area. This point and the noise we experienced drops the overall rating from 4 to 3 points.

Room tip: Make sure you stay as far away from the construction on the North and West side area as possible, this may help.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear UWadlinger,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns, detailing the good and highlighting the opportunities to improve. It is great to know that our location was convenient and our staff's service generally met your expectations. I apologize for the noise levels that impacted your stay. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G