“Nice hotel”

Ranked #194 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Average to good hotel. We stayed only a night in it. Very kindly service. Staff is very friendly. Perfect location. It is close to Bur Juman metro station from where you can go anywhere in the city. Overall, I liked it. Warm welcoming........

Stayed: June 2014
Mark A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Diliana I,

We are delighted to have you stayed with us at the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District. and we sincerely appreciate taking your time to share the nice comments and recommendations of our hotel.

It is always a pleasure for us to get positive feedback and we are very happy that you appreciate our services and facilities, and glad we have met your requirements to make your stay pleasant.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 7 days and am a gold member with priority club. Was greeted with a smile and surprise of an upgrade to the executive room. Further more the breakfast was well spread but I didn't hesitate to ask for something I needed specifically... Voila, I have the chef prepare it for me within minutes with no fuss. In fact, the consecutive days I was offered the same each morning with a smile... the management was fantastic and I will surely go back again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Dhods79,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to read your review and be able to share such positive comments about the stay with the rest of the team. We work very hard to ensure our service and facilities are up to our guests expectations and is always a great pleasure to note some areas highlighted that seem to have impressed you the most.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Best Regards

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Location
About 20-30 minutes from the airport by Taxi. It cost me 50 AED. Pretty centrally located in Dubai. Most conveniently located about 100 meters walk to Burjuman station which is at the junction of the Green line and Red line. So one can get to anywhere the Metro goes (including the airport) without having to change trains.

Must say on the way back to the Airport the taxi only cost me 20 AED. So something dodgy going on. Either it had something to do with the time of day and toll roads etc. or I got cheated one way.

Reservation process
My reservation was in order. Room was up on the 3rd floor and rather quiet. My room felt like a Suite!

Room
Comfortable and spacious. Furniture was a bit old fashioned and tired but everything works.Bathrooms are very nice with a good set of accessories.

Elevators
3 Elevators service the hotel. Rather nice elevators. One noticeable thing that is missing is a 'ding' sound when the Elevator doors open. When you press the UP or DOWN button for the Elevator and wait, you have to really watch out which one is opening up. As there is no ding, and the elevators are so silent, you wont even see that the doors have opened and closed the the Lift moved on. Simple thing. Not sure why this was missed.

On the 3rd floor, as I exit the Elevator, I am faced with this sign. I happened to be in Room 340, which the sign conveniently omits! Rather bizarre. Turns out that 340 is the first room to the Left.

WiFi internet
Was given a username and password upon checkin. This worked on both devices I was using. Best part is I did not have to reenter the password each time I tried to log in. Quite pleased.

Fitness Center
Very large and spacious fitness center with a variety of equipment. Used it on 3 days. Hardly anyone there. All to myself mostly. What is not to like about that?

Customer Service
Being the middle of World Cup football, I was looking forward to watching some games at the hotel. Turns out they dont carry that channel! I was devastated. The biggest sporting event in the world and the hotel decides not to order that channel. I complained about this. The only way I could watch the games is to go down to the Pub on the Ground floor. But then, they allow smoking at the Pub and it is not the most comfortable environment to watch the games.

The management did take my comments seriously and got back with me as to why they dont carry the football channel. Apparently it is quite expensive for hotels to carry this channel as opposed to individual homes in UAE.

Also, this IS THE ONLY HOTEL, where I have received a call offering me 'late checkout'. Since I had an early flight, I did not need this. But nice touch indeed!

Overall
Good location, comfortable room, good internet, good fitness center and good service. Obviously a property that is run with a lot of pride. Would certainly return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kumarcheryl

Dear kumarcheryl,

Many thanks for taking the time to write to us to let us know about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai-Embassy District, nothing pleases more than to have such a valued guest like you.

Your feedback is very important to us, and it will be shared with the entire staff so we can keep focusing what's matter to us which is delivering great service and product.

We look forward to welcoming you back at your second home the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai-Embassy District in the near future.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

It's my second stay in the hotel, sincerely welcomed by the front desk team upon my arrival, they upgraded my room to a wonderful suite in which I really enjoyed my stay. Everything was clean and neat in the hotel. Staff were very friendly and timely supportive.
Would like to highlight the superb kindness and hospitality received from Mr. Omar & Miss Francis at the front desk.
And special thanks to Eleana in the guest experience office for her prompt response and understanding to all my needs.
Looking forward to seeing you all in my next trip.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ahmed700
Mark A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Ahmed700,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Best Regards

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

good budget hotel in dubai.hotel location is good ,near to metro station,rooms are big luxuries with all amenities,wifi was chargeable which should be free in this price.breakfast buffet was good with limited varieties.good friendly staff.overall a nice hotel in dubai.

Stayed: May 2014
Mark A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear achint17,

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I made my reservation to this Hotel Using my Priority Club Points!
During Checkin (I did not have my print-out of the reservation) but the staff were very helpful; pulled out my reservation from the System!! Offered me an Upgrade to Suite!!! and also added a Daily Breakfast to my package.... all for free :):)

The biggest misfortune is that the Breakfast setting is so unpleasant!

Entering the Dining Area, you get the feeling of being in Banglor! Too Crowded, Too Noisy and too chaotic! During my 3 Days stay, there were no one at the Dining Room Entrance to welcome me and to ask about my Room Number! Which hints to me that some of the people there, might not even be Residents in the Hotel.

Besides that, all was fine!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sergeborax

Dear Sergeborax,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us to let us know about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai-Embassy District, nothing pleases more than to have such a valued guest like you.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We chose the Holiday Inn in Bur Dubai as the metro station is a minute's walk from the hotel, they offer a free return shuttle to the mall and the public beach and it's a short drive from the airport. They made a real fuss of us as we were on our honeymoon and filled the room with treats and amenities. We had to ask for housekeeping to top up our coffee/tea/water in our rooms but after that they stocked heavy which was great. The pool area was good, the gym suited our needs and bars and restaurants in the hotel were great. The Two Guineas English style pub was great for watching the World Cup! The breakfast was what you would expect and no complaints from either of us. They served a wonderful muesli on the first morning that unfortunately didn't reappear for the rest of the week but the fresh fruit and hot breakfast buffet was a great way to start the day. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Free wifi to member's of IHG (holiday inn, andaz, indigo etc) Rooms facing away from the dining...