After lots of online searches and reading reviews on tripadvisor, we stayed in Citymax Al Barsha for our easter-week dubai vacation. We chose this above others because of its proximity to the Mall of the emirates and the metro station. Which we later regretted because the metro is very inconvenient! We found taxis are a much cheaper and comfy option to travel around in dubai. So if you're a tourist, you're better off staying in Deira or Bur Dubai areas, which is closer to most the activities you'll want to do.
1. A 2min walk to the Mall of Emirates [Ski dubai + loads of big shopping brands + Food courts + Cinema]
2. a 10min walk to the metro [If you really have all the time in the world and dont mind the walk from the stations to the point of interest]
3. Clean, Cosy and modern rooms with a very comfy bed [1 Complimentary water bottle just on the first day since its 'budget friendly']
4. Smooth and easy check-in and check-out.
5. Free-wifi in the lobby and Free LAN in the rooms.
6. Free Shuttles to the Wildwadi and Jumeirah beach [Gets full very fast] We forgot booking and ended up taking a cab.
1. Breakfast is very limited choice and boring. You're better off eating at the MOE or any of the small joints just outside the hotel.
2. Concierge comprises of this rude lady who is working for a travel company and would help you only if you bought tours from her. When we asked for some directions she just acted like she doesn't know anything!
3. There is a fridge in your room, but empty so take a small trip to a store closeby and stock up on water and other munchies!
4. Incase you forget your toothpastes, shaving kits, you'll need to buy from the hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citymax Hotels is a comfortable, mid-market, budget hotel for the business traveler. The chain has 3 hotels across Dubai and Sharjah, centrally located near important business hubs and International Airports. Each Citymax Hotel is equipped for business and leisure with Internet access, conference halls, multi cuisine restaurants, gyms and rooftop swimming pools. With no compromise on comforts, Citymax Hotels promises luxury mattresses, coffee makers, rain showers and other in-room luxuries at affordable prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Citymax Al Barsha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citymax Al Barsha Hotel Dubai