Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
2,465 results
All reviewscity maxbudget hotelsizzling wokclay potbur dubaiadcb metro stationrooms are smallal karamaindian restaurantmeena bazaarbusy hotelbasic amenitiesroom servicefree wifisuper marketcomfortable staydecent hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We checked into the hotel with no problems, the room was great, nice and clean, well presented and not too small (which we were worrying about after reading other reviews on here), but at no point did any staff member offer us some sort of map or inform us of the free shuttle bus to the beach which we thought was bad as we had never been to Dubai and had no clue of anywhere or how to get there. When we did ask for advice, certain staff members did not know much themselves so we pretty much had to work everything out ourselves.
The Russian lady on the tour desk was one of the most rude, unhelpful people we have come across in a very long time. We asked her to call the Burj Khalifa to make a reservation in the bar for us and she told us its better if we go to their desk in the Dubai mall. We advised her that we had done this and they told us our hotel can ring for us as they don't do the bar reservations (which other people had told us to do also) but she basically refused. Most probably because she would get no commission out of it and she was much more interested in serving the Russian customers, which there were plenty of.
We also encountered room service not turning up on our first night and after 1 hr 30 mins of waiting and 3 phone calls later, we were finally told that there was a problem in the kitchen. No sort of apology was given.
Other than that, it was a good room with a 10-15 min walk to the metro station. If you're looking for a nice room, cleaned well on a daily basis then this is it. If you want to be treated well and looked after then this isn't the place.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank redmouserag
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear redmouserag,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor dated the 6th of January 2013. I would like to offer our most sincere apologies for the poor service which you experienced during your visit. I would like to inform you that we have addressed this issue with our Front Desk staff in particular the concierge who should have known better and could have attended to your request without directing you to the Tour Desk. With this in mind, I could comfortably tell you that you or any other guest will not experience the same in the future.

I would also like to add that I personally had a discussion with the tour desk representative and can assure you that should you come back to Dubai in the future you will notice a definite change.

Room service issue was slightly more complicated than expected. However, that should have been communicated directly to you.

We are currently in the process of training staff and have recently had a fair amount of new staff joining. This is not an excuse however I do believe that within the next few weeks most of the issues raised will not reoccur.

On your next visit to Dubai please do contact me and inform me that you are coming through as I would like the opportunity to make it up to you.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

Having stayed here one year ago we decided to return as we had such a pleasant stay before

On check in Sarah was really helpful and allocated our rooms as booked

Our room was like a mortuary fridge the a/c unit was faulty and the guy from concierge who brought our cases said he would make reception aware of the problem, at 3am in the morning we went to bed as we had been traveling over 15 hours.
Woke up like an ice block again spoke to reception who would look into the problem and also made arrangements for the day of check out for transport and early morning wake up call.

Room was better after day out and after dinner went to bed as were stil jet lagged from previous day and was awoken at 5am with our early morning call...great.. But advised reception they were one day early so were really pleased and happy to say the least.

Last day at hotel went to bed at 9pm as to get up at 5am and was awoken at 3am by horrendous noise outside front of hotel cars hooting, people shouting, bikes revving up and after one hour decided to call the Duty Manager who said it was the hotel next door causing the problem , well that was a lie as I came down in the lift to see the commotion and there were crowds of drunk Russian tourists falling all over the place and the noise was in the reception and outside.

Duty manager then offered to move us to other room well that was great as we had to check out by 6am and to be honest in my eyes there was not much else he could do apart from make the General Manager aware of the situation in other words ..your leaving we do not care !!!!

Airport transfer is advertised by hotel minibus at 65 Dirhams per transfer but we ended up being transferred to the airport in a Private Jeep and charged 75 Dirhams for the pleasure.

I cannot believe in one year how such a nice property can change but saying that the quality of people that were falling all over the place just goes to show sell it cheap and you get that kind of person that has no respect for others.

Dubai is a wonderful place but I for one will never book a Citymax hotel lack of staff training, left hand not talking to right and definitely lots of issues in house that need addressing.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else if you dare to stay ask for quiet room not over street
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Dear Paul S,

I would like to thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor and at the same time offer you my most sincere apology for your poor experience on your most recent stay. Just to bring to your notice that we have taken a look on the AC issues and have adjusted accordingly (thank you).

As for the miscommunication of the wake up call, I have addressed this with our operators to ensure that this will not happen again in the future. Unfortunately once in a while mistakes do happen and when dealing with a human element, unfortunately this tends to happen from time to time.

You mentioned you were "awoken at 3am by horrendous noise outside front of hotel cars hooting, people shouting, bikes revving up," as per the Duty Manager's statement he was quite correct. The Russian guests you encountered are tourists, none of them possess a car or motor bike in Dubai. However, they were returning from a party outside of the hotel. The car noise/bike noise was coming from guests leaving a night club from the hotel next door to us. Again, I just want to reiterate that this is not a common problem however I believe people were still in a party mood from New Year's.

Thank you very much for bringing to my attention the transportation issue and the amount you paid. I am in the process of investigating this and will certainly bbe rectified.

I would like to inform you that the management of the hotel has not changed in 2 years and therefore your poor experience at the hotel I believe was a one off and not a general practice in the hotel. I would like the opportunity to make this up to you as best we can, therefore please do contact me at walter.knight@citymaxhotels.com so that we can communicate further on the above.

Once more thank you for your comments, our most sincere apologies and we wish you and your family all the health, wealth and prosperity in 2013.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

well, This is a great budget hotel. i stayed here for seven nights from the 15 to 22nd december. 15min away from the airport, 10min walk to the Al Karama Metro station, easly excessable. Apart from my plumbing issues that went on for about 3 days, a very dirty shower and i bet it still is. Room 668 because it was the same since day 1 till i left and bath fan extractor not working. i tried to get my room changed but never succeded.
Apart from that i had fun at this hotel. the staff was great, check in was not stressfull. If you had an early flight into Dubai and your checkin into the hotel is later on. they can keep your bags for you and you can beging your tour and complete the check in process at the agreed time. you will be charged if you choose do an early check in. Well The huddle sports bar & Grill in the hotel was just the place to be after giving your time touring the Emirates. live sports, live GOOD music and good food. they had accomodated for south africans also. they have a meal called Durban Curry lol and zulu sweet and spicy and variouse others. Breakfast was good i must say the yoghurt is indeed different. Thier are also other dining areas in the hotel. the pool area is awsome with music and a bar. The gym is also great. Wifi is free in the lobby, also ethernet connection points in the rooms. Well the emirates doesnt have the best television station, well i would expect anyone on holiday to be watching TV. apart from these minor things that can be corrected. IT WAS A GREAT HOTEL.

Room Tip: choose a room facing the Khalifa. if your not a smoker try not to be on a floor with smoking rooms. ther entire floor smells of cigerates. eg 6th floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thokozani P

Dear Thokozani P,

I would like to thank you for your most positive review on Trip Advisor and at the same time apologize for the minor issues you found specially those mentioned on your room. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I am in the process of correcting this. Therefore on your next visit I'm sure you will not encounter the same issue.

I'm glad to hear that youe enjoyed yourself in The Huddle Sports Bar and Grill whic has a South African element to it. Just for you to know the Bar Chef is a South African Zulu and the General Manager is a South African Mlungu.

On behalf of my team, I would like to wish you a prosperous 2013.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Was a bit weary of this hotel after reading some bad reviews. But, after being there with my daughter December 2012 we were pleasantly surprised: clean room, clean bathroom, clean beds, good breakfast, friendly service (as in got extra towels, just ask; cleaner put all my luggage on the luggage trolley without asking and wouldn't let me help, friendly reception). Hotel is within 15 min. taxi drive of mall. Didn't try the pool or the restaurant. No noise at night from bar or restaurant even though we were on 1st floor. Non-smoking room is actually a non-smoking room. Would definitely go their again. Fantastic price and value for money!

Room Tip: Choose a room to the inner side. No decent view but hey, you're not there for the view are you? Had a non-smoking room (no. 173) and it was lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear DianeF19,

On behalf of my team, I would like to thank you most sincerely on your positive review on Trip Advisor. This is exactly what we aim to do and have successfully achieved it on your stay in the hotel.

We certainly hope that on your next visit to Dubai we have an opportunity to meet you and see you once more at Citymax Bur Dubai.

We would like to wish you and your family a prosperous 2013.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

Just stayed in CityMax - Bur Dubai, is ideally Located in Bur-Dubai area, Hotel is Budget Hotel in Mid of the City. Restaurant is also Good with breakfast suited for all types of food lovers.

Would recommend to business travellers. Wi-Fi in a Room is a Issue, can be Sorted out by Management.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bhavesh B

Dear Bhavesh B,

Thank you so much for your positive review on Trip Advisor.

Your recommendation is much appreciated and we look forward to seeing you once again.

Regards,