“Beautiful and trendy hotel (best pancakes ever!)”

Media One Hotel Dubai
Ranked #148 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Beautiful and trendy hotel (best pancakes ever!)”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My partner and I stayed at Media One Hotel for 3 nights. The Hip Room is nice and clean, it even has a personalised 'welcome' message on the TV and phones which we felt was a nice touch - we felt special, haha! The bathroom as can be seen in photos is separated by the room with a clear glass which might not be suitable for some - definitely a room for young couples. The concierge was very helpful and let us know where and how to get to the main sights (Thanks Kennedy!).

The buffet breakfast was superb. Definitely one of the best pancakes and crepes we've ever tasted (even better than the ones we had in France just the week before!). There's a huge selection of cooked breakfast + breads/fruits/yogurt/cereal etc, you get to eat at the verandah, and the service is just exceptional. Also, the selection of cooked breakfast varies over the 3 nights that we were there!

It's close to Atlantis at The Palm, about 30 dirhams. It's about 40-50 dirhams to the Burj (remember to book in advance if you're only in Dubai for a short time).

All in all, a lovely stay at Media One Hotel. Definitely recommended

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Dear ashesc84

thank you for all the great comments about your stay at Media One Hotel

Our Executive Chef is delighted regarding the comments regarding the breakfast in The MED as he has been working on the variety and quality. I also have to agree with you as I think the pancakes are superb!

We do hope to welcome you back to Media One if you ever travel to Dubai again

Operations Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Roma
Reviewed 11 March 2012

It’s a desing hotel, 19th floor high, in the media city, 20 min form the airport, 10 min from the emirates mall. From your room you can see the Palm.
The style is minimal and clean with a little touch of humor here and there.
Rooms are rated as Hip or Vip, Vip are bigger on an higher floor and of course more expensive.
The hotel is good for business and leisure. Free wifi, swimming pool.
There is a nice and modern bar in the lobby where they play good music and serve good cocktails.
Buffet breakfast is very good.

Dear Ilfede73

Thank you for all the positive comments regarding your stay at Media One Hotel.

We are pleased you enjoyed the cocktails in Z:ONE bar as it is a new list we have just launched and we it is good to know we have it right for our customers choice!

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Media One Hotel if you visit Dubai again

Operarations Director
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Very nice furniture, excellent rooms and the best breakfast.
Despite of the red card you find beside your phone that claims COMPETITIVE PHONE RATES (!!!!), what makes you understand what the term "Fraud" means! every thing else were great.
(235 USD for 30 minutes call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Room Tip: View to the pool!
1 Thank M_D_1983_Fly
Dear Mohammad D

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding our very nice furniture and excellent rooms

We have passed your comments regarding the phone charges to our IT department who are now monitoring the charges.

Our kitchen brigade are very happy that you said we serve 'the best breakfast'!

We hope to welcome you back when you visit Dubai again

Operations Director.
Mauritius
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Spent a couple of nights here while on a biz trip.

It's a cool,hip funky hotel...nice vibe with a happening bar scene, rooftop pool bar etc.

Rooms were very clean, and "luxurious" as you would expect in Dubai.

I was there for meetings in Media City, so for me the location was perfect too.

1 Thank niknpatel
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
Dear niknpatel

Thank you for all your positive comments for our hotel.

we appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed there for a work trip for 5 nights. I used to live in Dubai so I know of the area but never stayed there. Now That I moved out. my work book me there as I work for a media company.
The rooms are a bit tiny but what they lack in size they make for in style.
The bathroom wall-less and all glass gets a lot of raising eyebrows. I love to be to see through it=).
The pool deck and bar is nice.
but the pool beds needs to be changed they look worn out.
The music is extremely extremely loud that I was on 16th floor and you can hear it. True it was a weekend but for someone who was flying and tired they better not go to sleep. because You just can not sleep.

I love the art all over the floors and through the lobby.

Good:
++Walking to distance to the Marina Walk with plenty of restaurants.
++Walking Distance to the Beach

Improvements:
--Breakfast Buffet can have some more choices
--The beds by the pool needs more shine and to look more newer

Room Tip: Ask for the view facing the beach and CNN& Thomson Reuters buildings.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Maroc_NYC

Thank you for your constuctive feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you thought of your stay.

We were very pleased to hear you found our location ideal as it is only walking distance to Dubai Marina and the beach.

We have just had a new Executive Chef join the team and I haev passed on your comments regarding the breakfast buffet in order for the selection to have changed by your next visit.

I am also a new addition to the team so as Operations Manager I will review our pooside furniture to ensure it is welcoming to all our guests.

We hope to welcome you back to Media One Hotel in the near future

London
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed at Media One for a total of 15 nights. I chose it by recomendation from an expat living in Dubai as a good place to go if you're travelling alone. I was here on business on my own and found Media One to be great not only for working, but also for playing! Media City is a great location for Sheik Zayed Road and all the hotel bars around the Marina as well as the infamous Barasti. But Media One itself has a lively bar on ladies night and Thursdays and does plenty of promotions.

Regardless of the location, it's the service that makes this place a real winner. From the gentlemen at the entrance that would get me cabs to the guys at the bar, to reception, to the restaurant manager, I was always welcomed with a friendly smile, and I got to know the team at Media One on a first name basis ( probably because i spent far too much time in the hotel bar!) They made me feel like a valued customer and even like a friend. Anything I needed, they were there with recomendations, services, etc. I really can't say anything even remotely negative about this hotel and will definitely be where I stay moving forward when I am over here for business/pleasure!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Palm - you won't regret it! The higher the better!
Dear Amy B

Thank you for all your positive feedback about our hotel.

We have many positive remarks regarding the location and suitablility for working and playing! Our Ladies night on Tuesday is very popular along with Airplane every Thursday when you get a drinks package for 3hours from 6-9pm for only 125AED.

We have shared your comments with our team and it is great to know that you enjoyed the service we provided throughout your stay.

We are pleased to hear you will be joining us again next time you visit Dubai.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Visiting the Media One at least 2 a month, every time I 'm pleasantly surprised by the friendly and skilled staff. Yesterday evening we enjoyed their Cheese & Wine dinner. Fabulous, Excellent, etc. I actually couldn't stop. Fantastic initiative and in a great setting. They'll see me again, for sure.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thesheikhfromdubai
Dear sheikhfromdubai

Thank you so much for your consturctive comments regarding Media One Hotel and especially our Cheese & Wine Evening.

We have shared your comments with the team as it is motivational for them to understand what our guests really enjoy.

Ready for your next visit we offer Cheese & Wine 3 nights per week from 6-10pm, every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in cafeM and hope you will join us again soon.

Wishing you safe journeys