“Excellent Hotel in all respects” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Media One Hotel Dubai

Media One Hotel Dubai
Ranked #154 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
“Excellent Hotel in all respects”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have stayed at MediaONE several times now and have always been impressed with the hotel, rooms, service and food. Overall nothing to criticise and everything to praise... will be using it next time too!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MediaOneHotel, Community Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Hi Colin,

Thank you for your amazing review. We really appreciate it and as a returning guest we appreciate your loyalty and dedication. It's just so wonderful to see you coming back with a smile to Media One. Your review reflects exactly the values we represent: being fresh, modern, positive and vibrant. Please let me know how we can make your next stay even more pleasurable.

Svet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Outstanding place on the parking lot. Groovy style after having seen the first match downstairas on the ground floor beforehand. Can fully recommend the bars in this business place. Will come again next week

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank frankscheunert
MediaOneHotel, Community Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear frankscheunert,

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.

Barcelona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

It's a great hotel, with very nice, clean and comfortable rooms. The breakfast buffet was delicious and the pool is a beautiful place to relax. All the staff I dealt with were very friendly.
I also liked that it's within walking distance from the train/metro station and the Marina.
The only problem for me was the noise at night, especially during weekends (Thursday and Friday night). I could hear loud music from my room until 2 or 3 am.
I really felt that it's a hotel for young people.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MediaOneHotel, Community Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear guiomarps,

Thanks a lot for your wonderful opinion. I'll make sure that everybody here hears about it and that we make any necessary improvements for your next stay.

I believe that you must be young at heart (not age) to enjoy Media One fully and you fit our personality perfectly.

Thanks again,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Clean hotel with a nice pool and bar on the roof. Basic facilities and quite a small room. Suitable for a working trip but would not like to stay there for a holiday. Reasonable location but due to the bars within the hotel it was noisy so not the place to go if you like sleeping.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if they have one
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Englishmanjourney,

Thank you for comments. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with Media One and hope to see you again here. We have many people coming here for holidays too, not only for business trips, due to our hospitality, services, amenities, price and location. We are a fresh, trendy and unique place and we hope that you can experience our exciting personality again. Let me know if you need anything else.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Excellent room, with comfortable bed, shower and a good selection of TV channels.
Great service, amazing views and delicious breakfast with everything you can expect in a five star hotel but for the cost of a 4 star hotel.
Recommended.

HI zfmm,

Thanks for this amazing review. We really feel wonderful now and I'll make sure that the rest of the team here in Dubai knows about it. Hope to see you soon and let me know if you need any assistance from my side.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great Service, Great room, Walking Distance to tram station and beaches, Staff were very friendly, Poolside was beautiful, Fantastic Food, Felt very safe and will stay here again!! Would Highly recommend!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MediaOneHotel, Community Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Hi Paigeeeeef,

Thank you for your fantastic comment. We really appreciate it and hope to see you back in Media One. Please let us know if we can make your next stay even more comfortable. We are here for you!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is the place for the youth at heart, people who appreciate good music being played everywhere, pool and being surrounded by cool people.
The hotel is located close to most of the Tech and Media companies, 20 min away from the Palm and 45min away from the airport at day time (20min late at night).

Frontdesk:
The front desk was very helpful as always, they helped me secure a room at the 16th floor, a bit away from the pool(8th floor) just incase I wanted to sleep early without hearing the pounding beats in the weekend from the pool. I've managed to extend my stay 2 times and thankfully they were very helpful, they didn't force me into changing rooms.
Elly, Sophia, Sonya and Sophian are the good guys you should look for at the front desk.
Also the cool guy working with the security team, Hany Abu samra, A small incident happened late at night in front of the hotel (Drunk people fighting) and I was amazed by the fact the he managed to handle the situation without getting anyone in to trouble.

The Room:

Cool hip clean room, with the lovely iPod dock for my personal music consumption
Minibar costs are a bit steep for a 4* hotel, but If you're into drinking then you'll probably bring your own liquor and good snacks.
The downside? bedsheets are too thick for Dubai's weather, I ended up using the bathroom robe as a cover to avoid waking up with sweat all over my body

Breakfast:
I really liked their breakfast and I loved the fact that they did serve breakfast till 10:30 if I remember correctly.

The pool:
A good place to hangout and meet new people and enjoy the sun.
The hotel is not family oriented, so no kids running around.
Most of the people I meet in the hotel are working in the tech industry, so if you're working in technology, then you'll make some good acquaintances/friends.
There is cool party on Saturday's with some good offers on F&B
Pizza's and Grilled platters are my favorite, not the best, but good enough for me.
The music is not as good as before but it's still good enough, they probably changed their main DJ, funky house is more common nowadays, I used to hear a lot of good Deep House sessions before.

Nika (The guy running the bar), Ursu and Shala are the cool people you should deal with on the pool/Dek on 8

N.B. avoid dealing with the asian girl at the pool, she is the only girl in the hotel who is not hospital, not a single smile on her face and she is not willing to help you with anything, if she is working then do yourself a favor and go order your stuff from the bar.

The cool bar (43Q)
I've never visited this place before, cause I didn't know about it's existence, a very stylish place to spend your nights at in style. there are also a couple of pool tables for 100 dirhams an hour (free pool Wednesdays)
To reach this place, you'll need to find the elevators near the side exit of the hotels, the elevators there can hit the 43rd floor where the bar is located at.
Bonus: great view at night

Tip: try booking through an agency, you could get a discount for up to 25%, the only thing that you won't get is the media one loyalty card which gives you 10% discount on F&B, for me.
Tip 2: Don't eat lunch here

Room Tip: If you don't like the noise, try getting a room on the 16th floor or above. there are 3 or 4 vi...
Dear zIVI0,

Thanks a lot for your detailed and honest review. These type of reviews are dearest and most useful to us as you've gone through each experience you had at Media One. We realise that there are some good (thankfully in majority) and less pleasant remarks but the five stars you've given us serve as a guidance to us that we are on the right track in providing the most unique, personalised and memorable experience in Dubai. We are trying to go beyond the usual hotel routine and create the most stylish and refreshing hotel stay. There is quite possibly not a good way to answer your review but we'll try our best.

The whole team at Media One, together with our Director of Marketing Communications, Sally Leech and our General Manager, Mark Lee are delighted and thank you for all suggestions and comments you left. I'll personally make sure that all comments you've given us reach the appropriate departments and we'll make sure that remarks you've left are either corrected or enhanced when it comes to service and the rooms. We are just amazed that you remembered all the names of our enthusiasts at Media One.

Please message/email us with your contacts and follow us on social media. We'd like to hear more comments from your and make you next stay even better and more relaxing. As we are not allowed to post any contact details here, send us your details through means above and we'll make sure that we offer you an even more special experience for your next booking.

Thanks a lot and see you soon.