“Black and Camel colors” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Sydney, Australia
“Black and Camel colors”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

If you love hyper modern hotels then stop reading this right now or you will get annoyed.

The Address is indeed hyper modern. Styled in the colors of black and camel (the only way to describe the color - beige is not good enough) it is marbled and stainless steeled to the hilt. It has obviously been designed - not in the sense of subtle - more "integrated" with the same color and material. Never relieved by reds or blues - it is relentless.
You are greeted with the latest sit-a-desk-in-a-lounge-chair type registrations. It feels like a pleasant job interview, when all I want is my room.
The room I was in was small but relieved by a balcony. Which is great. The view is over the Marina - actually as a Marina it is not what you think - it's a tiny waterway winding between 70 story buildings some of which are still being constructed. Fascinating if you like to study construction methods and the use of cranes.
The Beige and Black room (relieved by the odd beige brown) is good if small. The bathroom is large - as that is when the camel/black marble comes into its own. Looks like square water taps are all the go now. Big shower and a bath with a big window to get a closer view of those cranes.
Supermarket - yep there is a good one in the accompanying "Mall of Endless Brands"
Staff - good but they are way too obsequious for this Australian
Walking - forget it - you can walk around the "Marina" but the view is as I described.
Food in hotel - so so - loads of promise, lots of bowls and 'stations' - but dull. they need some good advice on this. They go for the overcooked and the 'stews'. If you like potatoes in a stew and pasta this is the place for you.
Internet - as expected - excellent and easy
Other: you get more pillows and light switches than you need in a lifetime.

Basically the whole Marina area should have an "Under Construction" sign and wait till it's finished before letting in people.

As a suggestion they could plant a tree or create cascading gardens.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 42_Countries

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed at The Address for 3 nights during the Dubai Desert Classic. We booked on line & within minutes the hotel called us to confirm the booking, arrival times & arrange airport pick up. They also called back the next day to find out which room preference and floor we would like.
On arrival, we were collected by silver range rover and driven straight to the hotel which was stunning. It is very modern and very stylish. Our room was stunning, beautifully decorated with fantastic night views!
We decided to go & eat - the only restaurant there is a buffet style place, it was VERY busy so staff were rushed off their feet! As a result, we were offered water upon being seated and then we couldn't get their attention again until we wanted the bill!! not ideal!! The food was nice, but not great. We also tried the pool bar for a lunch time snack, but it took 15mins to get any staff attention!
The hotel is stunning and in a great location to walk to lots of places and to get to the golf, it is attached to a nice mall, but the lack of restaurants was a little disappointing. We ate in the mall each night.
i would stay here again, it is a great place and the rooms are stunning-the bed is one of the most comfortable i have ever slept in!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed at the Address, Dubai Marina for 2 weeks last Thursday and Friday night. I have not visited this part of Dubai before.
I drove there from Abu Dhabi and I was surprised how easy it was to find the hotel, so close to Sheikh Zayed Road, which was clearly signposted once in the Dubai Marina area.
The hotel lobby level and entrance is actually on level 1, with ground floor and the road being lower down. The car parking valet and bell-boy were efficient on meeting us. We had to wait a short while to be dealt with on check-in.
I had booked with the Address website. I had by mistake only booked one night and amended my reservation. But I had realised it immediately and amended my reservation; but the previous day the hotel phoned me to confirm the reservation and said that there seemed to be two bookings but they would sort it out. At the front desk, however, it had not been sorted out but despite that, it was dealt with at no extra expense for me (I am still sure I did not book twice and had simply amended my booking).
So with a swipe of my credit card me and my companion had our door cards and made our way to our twin room. The room size was not huge, but was comfortable with twin beds, a balcony with 2 chairs; a large wardrobe (barely enough coat hangers for 2 nights for 2 women). Also a separate desk and chair as well as 2 comfy chairs with a side table.The minibar had a larger than average sized fridge; there was a kettle; clear mugs/cups and a Nespresso machine (with a broken top and a mean 4 coffee pods replenished on a daily basis).
In the bathroom there was one hand and one bath towel each; two bath robes, bath mat and shower mat. The bath was separate to the large shower and there was also a bidet. The bath had a clear glass window overlooking the swimming pool.
My companion was celebrating her birthday and an “individual cake” was to be delivered. The cake when it came was huge (far too much for her and still only half eaten when we left).
We then went to Marina Mall, which is connected to the hotel. It is a nice small mall, bordering the marina area.
For dinner we had cheese and wine in the hotel restaurant Mazan. It was good value for money.
Neither of us slept well. At 3:30 am we set about adjusting the air conditioning; covering/turning the various electrical items with red/green LEDs and bright or flashing displays (as much as feasible) and slept better for the second half of the night.
The next morning we had the buffet breakfast in the hotel. As we headed out we saw we had received a newspaper (no information had been given about that and we had not been asked what we wanted, but anyway we like reading The National). Then a walk round the marina area deciding which boat we would like to buy; coffee in Carluccio’s (in the mall); after another few shops in the mall we returned to the hotel and spent a couple of hours at the pool, having lunch at Shades, the hotel pool bar. The pool itself is lovely but was busy. And it was a little strange as there were some people eating there who were not using the pool. There were not many options for vegetarian lunch. I had a soup and my companion ordered a sandwich. We ordered fries, only to find the sandwich unexpectedly came with fries.
It was after the pool that we realised we had not got enough free Aveda toiletries in the room. But we were in a hurry so used our own.
Then down to the souq area in Deira by taxi (costing 70 Dirhams, including tip). We got the Metro back from Union Square first class costing 15 Dirhams each. It was a short walk back to the hotel.
We then headed to the mall for a pre-booked manicure/pedicure. Then back to Carluccio’s for a simple Italian salad dinner.
Next to the hotel’s lobby café where we had coffees which were mediocre and the area devoid of atmosphere. There was an interesting small art exhibition in the area which had some interesting original Emirati art.
Back in the room we ordered different pillows (no pillow menu so we had to guess what was available). And with a firm pillow each we slept far better than the previous night after the repeat operation to reorganise the electrical items to cover the unwanted lit displays and LED lights.
For breakfast we ordered from room service. It arrived at the time we requested There was a bit of a mix-up as we ordered a bread portion apiece but only one combined bread basket arrived – with lots of jam, honey and marmalade but just one butter pat. The yogurt portions were huge. We used the last of the Nespresso coffee pods to make our breakfast coffees.
One of the annoying features was not know which water was the free water. The turn-down service came tonight (no idea what had happened to it the previous night) so we now had slippers. And bottles of spring water were put by the bed and I was sure this was not the free water as a similar bottle had been inside the minibar when we arrived.
The check-out process was not as quick as we’d have liked. We had to wait for a front office assistant to be free. The check-out process was simple and fairly quick once we were dealt with. My car was already waiting outside by the time we finished the check-out process.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and I think I would visit again.

Room Tip: High floors have the best views and are further from the mall air conditioning nearby.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

No golden camels, no 1001 nights kitsch, no belly dancing ... the Address is a no-nonsense 5 star hotel. Rooms are spacious and you don't need to be an IT manager to switch on the TV or to find the light switches.
maybe a bit boring, but at least you don't get a headache from all the golden, Saudi style furniture.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank rik2011
McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

The Address Dubai Marina like many hotels in Dubai is a fantastic modern hotel located in the Dubai Marina complex just down the road from all the famous hotels on the beach.

My airport transfer was ok, but a tad on the expensive side, considering the good taxi service that exists from DXB.

The staff is very efficient, and it seemed has if no-one was actually in the hotel as the lobby was always quiet, and the check-in area never crowded with a wait. Perhaps it was just the time of the year/week that I was there.

One important tip: The hotel will allow a 24 hour room use for some room categories. You may find as I did that upgrading the the next category can be cheaper than paying for two nights. The additional fee is about 50% of the room rate.

I'd stay here again if I had business in the immediate area, otherwise I will be checking out some of the other great Hotels in Dubai next time.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Brentwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

The drive from the airport in a huge Audi was a great start,we had one car for my wife and I and one for the kids (all included in the price of a Grand Room).From the moment we arrived,around 8.30 am we were made very welcome and our rooms were ready which is always a big plus.
The pool is fantastic for a non beach hotel and the bar food isnt too toppy,soft drinks (coke/7-up) about £3.50.You get the sun all day,the noise of the traffic from SZR can be a pain but you soon wont notice it,especially if you get the beds furthest away from the beach hut.
Rooms are really big ,we opted for 2 Grand Rooms,I think its worth paying extra for the free booze (6.00-11.00 pm) in the bar plus other little extras which you can find on their website.
Breakfast was ok,not a bad choice and was never too busy.
The hotel is also connected to a huge shopping mall which even has a Waitrose if you need any creature comforts.
One thing we had a issue with,which someone mentioned on a previous review,was the noise on a Wednesday,Thursday and Friday from the nightclub on the 4th floor.We were on floor 7 and didnt get to sleep till 3.30 am due to the constant thumping of the music.I spoke to a hotel manager the next afternoon who couldnt do enough to help us and moved us upto 11th floor straight away.
Upon arriving back in UK in my in-box was a e-mail from the hotel apologising for the room disruption etc.
All in all I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and would stay here again,just make sure your room isnt above the disco!

Room Tip: Pool side,level 10 and above.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

i stayed in this hotel 3 times so far. As I travel a lot for business comfort is very important for me. I was always staying in the Grand Room that is facing the swimming pool. That view is amazing. Rooms are very spacious, bathroom is huge and has everything that you need. Bed is one of the most comfortable I ever slept in. Staff is good and helpful, breakfast is amazing and has numerous options. The hotel is connected to the small shopping mall which is very convenient if you need to buy something that you forgot at home without wasting time in traffic.

Room Tip: Grand Room with the view to the swimming pool and marina is the best (but more expensive). However i...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business