“Great Place”

Ranked #5 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed here in November for 4 nights. Very plush 5 star hotel typical of the standard you would expect in Dubai.

Entrance foyer is very grand - checkin nice and easy. Got upgraded to a one bedroom apartment - which had fully stocked Kitchen, (great nespresso coffee), Lounge, Bathroom (with the best shower!) and a large comfortable Bedroom.

Very quiet hotel - very comfortable. Good gym and the pool is absolutley amazing. Just go and take a look if you use this hotel!

Its Dubai so its expensive - Mini Bar prices were a bit on the crazy side.

View from the hotel was amazing and its well located.

Breakfast was excellent - full spectrum of cold and hot food.

One of the best hotels I have stayed in - not convinced its worth the price - but its still a very very nice place.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Steadmang
SpencerWadama, General Manager at Address Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 26 November 2013

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

Thank you for choosing The Address Dubai Marina and for the time you have taken to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

Spencer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hofuf
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed last week in this beautiful hotel. I had a nice room with a wonderful view. And I really appreciate the hotel for satisfying my special request of the room view.

A bit far from the old Dubai. But it is just fine and central for who wants to stay around the marina and JBR area.

Great interior design and decoration. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

I wish you all the best ..
Abdullah

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool or marina are amazing..
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Abdullah J
SpencerWadama, General Manager at Address Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Abdullah,

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

It was indeed a pleasure to read your very kind review and we are glad to know you had a wonderful stay in our hotel.

England
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Myself and my friend stayed for 5 nights at The Address Dubai Marina. We arrived at 8.30am. We were not able to check into our room until 3 which was the normal time anyway but I am sure had a room been available they would of obliged. We were shown to the pool and spa area where we were able to freshen up and change. The hotel is great location which i knew from previous stays on the Marina and as this was my friends first visit to Dubai I was sure it would be ideal. We were not let down. It is connected to the mall where you can shop for anything from jewellery, clothing, cosmetics, there is a Waitrose, boots WH Smith, cinema and much much more. Water taxis are right outside, so to is the metro station. We were on the 13th floor and our room overlooked the pool side which was a request I made and the hotel obliged. The room was plenty big enough for 2 ladies, twin beds, fab bath with a window that looks out over the marina. Room was kept to a high standard of cleanliness and was checked twice daily for anything we needed. Breakfast buffet was lovely, very plentyful and if you cant find what you want on it then you wont find it anywhere- my only problem was that i was not able to make full use of it due to having one day of being ill with an upset stomach - NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HOTEL I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT. We think it was something i ate somewhere else. Ended up spending the whole day in bed which was really unfortunate to our schedule and that it was a trip to celebrate being 50 this year.
We only had one problem while we were there, our last night we were woken at 3.15am with loud voices from the room next door where it was obvious 2 english men had bought back 2 'ladies' who were very excited to have full access to the mini bar etc etc. We called down to reception who immediately sent someone up to sort the problem out. It did go quieter for a while and the 'ladies' eventually left at 4.30am.
I am sorry The Address Dubai Marina to put this part on this report but I am being honest and would like to add that this incident is not the hotels fault - I am embarrassed that it had to be English who created this problem who had obviousley had too much to drink. When we checked out I did mention this again and the staff were very apologetic and did try to let me speak to the manager but unfortunately was with another guest.
I would not hestitate to stay at this hotel again and if you are looking for high standard of service, value for money and location and fabulous comfy beds - like sleeping in a marshmallow- then this is a fab hotel.

Room Tip: high floor - not interconncecting if you do not require it. Pool facing
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank mark18
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the time you have taken to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

It was a great pleasure and compliment for us to have your review and feedback on our hotel.

Please do not apologize for communicating as we appreciate the honest feedback and of course, these things do happen. Overall I am very happy to read your comments and I trust that whatever illness you had, you recovered quickly and could enjoy our beautiful Dubai and property..

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was upgraded on arrival to a suite because I was going to stay for two weeks. This level of room qualified for several perks such as free bar food, free coffee and biscuits in the coffee shop, free airport chauffeur and others. The location is fantastic because you have immediate access to the large mall and onto the marina promenade where I appreciated the freedom to walk every night. The front desk staff were exceptionally helpful when I had trouble with all of my credit cards - not once did they make me feel like an idiot :-)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeremy F
Dear Guest,

We are glad to know you had a wonderful stay in our hotel and I would very much like to thank you for recognizing our Front Desk staff.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Your sincerely,

London
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed for 3 nights and will come back for sure.
The room was the deluxe one, very spacious, very clean, smart looking, very comfortable, nice balcony to chill, amazing big bathroom with shower and tub with a view. It had a Nespresso machine which was very convenient and room service was quite a good option as well. I have absolutely no complaints about this room with a beautiful marina view.
The lobby and restaurant were beautiful, and breakfast was amazing with lots of options wherever you are from in the world, suits everyone.
Gym is quite big and its nice to exercise with the marina views.
Staff is friendly and efficient.
Attached to a mall makes it a great option for shopping (less crowded and smaller than Dubai Mall) and for meals.

Room Tip: I would stay in a deluxe again.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Maria M
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the time you have taken to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

It is only with such communication that we can endeavor to maintain and provide the highest standard of care, hospitality and service to all our guests, as we move forward.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights at this hotel, had a great time...especially in one of the most comfortable room. It is large, very clean, great views, full of facilities on offer, and not too mention, great service all around. The gym is really large with full range of equipment, and it's open 24 hours. The pool is good too, but opens at too short time, I think, from 7am -7pm. The restaurant, Mazina is great, with large selection of menu, but tends to be a bit crowded in the morning. The hotel is connected to a mall, which is very convenient, and also at the marina promenade, which is great for strolling or morning runs. Will definitely come and visit again in the future.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank K H
SpencerWadama, General Manager at Address Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 24 October 2013

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

It was indeed a pleasure to read your very kind review and I will gladly share your comments with my team.

I want to apologize for the pool closure times, but being the fact that we have a restaurant and bar nearby, we are required by law to close the pool by 8pm. I realize an inconvenience but truly a safety measure.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Staff are particulalry attentive and maintain all facilities super clean
Rooms are spacious and confortable, with a Nespresso machine and a balcony, we used them both ! The swimming pool is also quite an experience with a view on the Marina.
The access to the Marina walk for a relaxing evening stroll, for a morning jogging or for having dinner in one of the many restaurants available is a big plus. Walking distance from the Metro station. My daughter and I went around very easily by using public transportation, and only occasionaly taxis. Walking distance for the seashore. Very conveniently located above a mall.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
SpencerWadama, General Manager at Address Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 21 October 2013