“Just for a change in Dubai” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Address Dubai Marina

The Address Dubai Marina
Ranked #5 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Lagos
“Just for a change in Dubai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I typically stay at a specific hotel at the Dubai Marina but decided to go somewhere else. I had heard about The Address and chose the one at Dubai Marina rather than The Dubai Mall as I felt that would be too impersonal due to the largest shopping mall in Dubai's proximity.

As I got to the hotel, I found that there was a smaller mall attached which I appreciated as I was in Dubai for some shopping. The check in was fast but I eventually had to call for the porter to bring my luggage up after quite a wait. The room also had club lounge access where I could get breakfasts, light lunches and light suppers. I can say that the word light definitely applies. The lounge was not the best I've experienced and the food was truly light fare. I had my breakfasts at the main restaurant on the lobby level. By the way, the club sandwich served by the pool is very very good!!! I highly recommend it.

The highlights of my stay at The Address were: the attached mall where I did a round of casual and sportswear shopping; and the fact the hotel was on the Dubai Marina to which I descended for a good run. Apart form that, my stay was merely okay but not sublime. The hotel while nice enough did not feel as warm and welcoming like others I have stayed in. I must say that the in room amenities are very good and it is truly a nice establishment but just not warm enough for me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank OlaoluwaJ2
mirko a, Manager at The Address Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear OlaoluwaJ2,

Thank you for taking the time in giving us your valuable feedback and it was a pleasure to know that you did enjoy your stay with us.

It was concerning to learn about the delay in delivering your luggage and the variety offered at our Club lounge for lunch and dinner. Notwithstanding the experience you have faced on this occasion, please be rest assured that we have taken steps to ensure our team is retrained on essence of timely delivery and effective service. Would be also a good time to let you know that we have reopened our Club Lounge few months ago and it is only with such welcomed feedback we can take steps to evolve in delivering you a world class gastronomic experience.

Once again thanking you for the valued feedback and eagerly look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Mirko Aru

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I booked a last minute weekend to Dubai and we choose this hotel based on the location. This hotel is fantastic , Great room , Great staff and an overall perfect stay.
The pool area is also exquisite .
would defiantly stay again

Hawkes

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pixiehawkes
mirko a, Manager at The Address Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear pixiehawkes,

Many thanks for the time you have taken to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

It was a great pleasure and compliment for us to have your review and feedback on our hotel.

It is only with such communication that we can endeavor to maintain and provide the highest standard of care, hospitality and service to all our guests, as we move forward.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We were in this Hotel just for few days in May and we discover an amazing spot in the Marina.
A true 5* hospitality where anything is never a problem.
The staff is extremely polite, gentle and accommodating. Rooms are small but well appointed with all amenities you would expect for a Hotel of this caliber.
The pianist in the lobby is a classy touch and the afternoon tea delicious.
My wife enjoyed very much the pool side and the SPA, BBQ on the pool is superb.
Perfect spot for few days in Dubai, great location
Will be back for sure

Room Tip: High floor pool side
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mark H,

Thank you for choosing The Address Dubai Marina and for the time you have taken to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure to read your very kind review and , I will gladly share your comments with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The address is a high end luxurious hotel. Super clean, super comfortable and very good service. The only downside is that it lacks personality. But I guess that's a problem with all Dubai hotels. But would highly recommend this hotel! Location is great, service is good and food is good ...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Halaokeili
Dear Halaokeili,

Many thanks for the time you have taken to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I would like to thank everyone at The Address Hotel - Dubai Marina

A special thanks to CCS, Banqueting, Culinary, Housekeeping, Qix Kids Club and Engineering for their steadfast help and assistance at Emily and Harry’s 5th birthday party yesterday in Almas.

Asif and Bob in banqueting attended to our every need and the banqueting team were always on hand to circulate and assist with serving at the event. Engineering offered creative solutions to our decoration and piñata needs and supported us with our sound system requirements.

The parents and kids were amazed at the quality (and quantity!) of food on offer from the culinary team and we were extremely delighted with the cake. The culinary team continually checked schedule timing with us for food preparation.

Sirjana with her face painting and arts and crafts, Magic Phil with his balloon modelling and magic show stole the event! Most of the parents have subsequently sent messages to us sending their thanks with added comments of ‘it’s the best party we have attended’, ‘loved the venue’ and ‘the food was amazing’.

Finally, but not least the biggest thanks must go to Paul in CCS, he seamlessly orchestrated the arrangements considering we were pretty much incommunicado for the week prior to the event due to family illness. Thanks so much!

A huge thank you from the Lewis family for the ‘best party’ ever!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear DXB_MatthewL,

Thank you for choosing The Address Dubai Marina for this very special occasion.
It is our pleasure to read your wonderful feedback, our team is much delighted to know that everyone had a wonderful time with us especially Emily and Harry.

We look forward to welcoming you and the twins back next year.

Yours Sincerely,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel as the first part of our honeymoon (3 nights), on arrival the flight was delayed and we had missed our dinner reservation - 5 minutes after arriving in the room the hotel presented us with complementary cheese and biscuits, a cake and a bottle of wine. We recieved this level of thought and service throughout our stay from all members of staff we encountered.

If possible try a spa treatment - a real treat!

The hotel is in an excellent location, close to great amenities and right in the thick of things.

Room Tip: Go for pool view!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mirko a, Manager at The Address Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear RuthyT_1,

My heartfelt congratulations on your very special occasion.

We are truly honoured to be a part and wish you and your family very happy returns.

Thank You for sharing this memorable event with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I will get to Mirko before the end of this review. Ok, I write a lot of reviews and after awhile I begin to feel like ... "am I just negative or do most hotels just fall short of their branding, website hype and pictures and common sense in most cases"...? After awhile I question my own sanity and believe maybe I am just a really negative New York type of guy.

Well, The Address happens and now I know I am not crazy an "over-traveled burn-out". This place was just plain awesome. I mean beyond Ritz, Intercontinental and Singapore Sands awesome. I do not want to go off on a long review/tangent here; so I will try to be net.

Infrastructure: perfection. Super cool, clean, neat and comfortable. Service: everybody was super trained, super customer friendly and just plain wonderful. These people wanted you to enjoy the stay, and it was not fake crap like Intercontinental Chicago or as in Singapore Sands; if you are not a rich "Mainlander" we have no time for you....this was just perfect..from housekeeper to Mirko.

Food. Reasonably priced but way beyond when it came to value, quality and service. Wow, the breakfast was $26 bucks; and I did do it one morning...it was awesome. The next day I went to Micky D in the mall and had it for $3 bucks as well. Starbucks is in the mall too. The attached mall is fantastic with an unbelievable grocery store as well.

My room was awesome. It was just a basic room. But it had a balcony overlooking the man-made canal city what will accommodate over 120,000 people. Yes, it looks like False Creek in Vancouver BC, true. I turned the AC up to super high, opened the balcony door and ate my Thai (from the mall) dinner everynight almost overlooking the Dubai Marina, Phase 1 which costs billions to create. It is like these guys built several Chicago cities overnight. The room was clean, great coffee, bath was awesome..I mean..everything was great.

The city is HOT. People only come out at night. There is lots of walking opportunities and I always got over 10,000 steps on my FitBit. The Jumeirah Beach is there too, but you will sweat and you will negotiate endless construction to get anywhere. I loved the metro..awesome. With lots of sweat and walking you will find endless places to eat and sit. The scale is just huge so walking is tough but doable. I rented a K1200 BMW motorcycle from Presitge Motorcycles and we went out for a day...what a day. This place has endless endless money.

The pool, the food and drink at the pool and the pool is perfect. It is like the Sands in Singapore but there I had observed several Mainland Chinese spit directly in the pool and walk in the lobby in wet bathing suits and exhibit less than pretty manners...that does not exist in Dubai. It does not happen...nice refreshing break from the "ill-mannered" richest new people on earth.

The hotel is great. You cannot go wrong. Few brands that I have experienced live up to the brand. These guys have my vote. I was on corporate business. The meeting facilities and food exceeded expectations. The car service was awesome to the airport at midnight. Again, The Address: Perfection. See.. I can be 100% positive. Now I am spoiled.

Finally in the elevator I recognized the hotel manager from a newsletter in the room and said to him how much I enjoyed the property and service. Mr. ARU stopped everything (he was with someone) skipped his floor and walked me to the 11th floor personally. He listened to my verbal review but also asked key questions and shared his love and passion for this business and The Address. It showed. He personally made me feel like I was his most important guest. Wow. I cannot tell you how rare and wonderful that experience was and he was truly the "host". Kudos to THE ADDRESS. Come to America and show these guys how it is done right! Now I am spoiled darn it.

Room Tip: Get up as high as you can (they gave me 11..but could have gone higher I checked in early) get a wat...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dg3225
mirko a, Manager at The Address Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear dg3225,

Thanks very much for your review on trip advisor.

The Team and I appreciate the time you have taken to write such a great review, I will be sure to let our Team know how much of an impact they made on your experience.

We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you soon in Dubai in the near future.