“Escellent very nice hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Address Dubai Marina

The Address Dubai Marina
Ranked #5 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Riyadh
“Escellent very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

very nice staff, elegant hotel, Amazing balcony , very clean near to Marina mall , check in and out very quick, Lobby so nice and quiet, swimming pool big and nice view to the marina. I enjoy every moment in the hotel.

Room Tip: I did not try the spa and the Breakfast. Rooms with the balcony amazing.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mirko a, Manager at The Address Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Randa S,

Many thanks for the time you have taken to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

It was a great pleasure and compliment for us to have your review and feedback on our hotel.

It is only with such communication that we can endeavor to maintain and provide the highest standard of care, hospitality and service to all our guests, as we move forward.

Mirko Aru

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I want to first say the only positive thing about my experience from this hotel stay was a wonderful massage with the Thai therapist (San).

Now let me get to the reason why I have come to trip advisors and my company's travel service comment board. I have stayed in this hotel approx. 10 times. This particular time the reservation was made for my fiancé and I. I had recently been sick and wanted a nice quiet room to recover in while my fiancé worked and attended his meetings. I have stayed here before and I knew this hotel was accommodation, so I thought. On arrival I checked in and I went to my room. I specifically requested, No smoking, and a quiet room. I didn't think these requests were too much to ask for. I did get the non-smoking room as this is a personal requirement. I however entered my room and found it was an adjoining room. First off, most adjoining rooms are not the quietest. Doors are heard easier and so are phones and TVs from the adjoining room. So before I sat anything down to not disturb the clean room I contacted the front desk asking for a room change. After a few min I was contacted by some Supervisor and was told there were not any quiet rooms available. I was told I was given one on the high floor to help with the noise, but then why was I giving an adjoining room on a higher floor? That's not considered quiet. I was then told I could move to a room that was on the smoking floor and that room maybe would not smell of smoke. I was astonished by this suggestions as It doesn't take an engineer to know that smoke traveled between AC ducts unless they have a negative pressure AC system. I could however have a room that could be cleaned in approx. 1 hours. It was 5pm and I am not going to wait one hour for a room. This is why one calls and makes a reservation. I never ounce as for an upgrade because I am aware of the room type I reserved, but it doesn't make a bit of a difference to this hotel if you have stayed 1 night or 10 nights. There must be NOTHING they can do to make their customers happy whom requested a non-smoking, quiet room. I didn't ask for a view or even an upgrade. I asked simple things that I have now learned this 5 star hotel cannot do. Secondly, I was charged for a 7-up that I did not drink. It was taken from the fridge because I did not want to drink it cold if I had to dink it. It did leave the fridge area. Anyways, when housekeeping came in to clean they put a receipt down stating they charged me 20AED for a 7-UP. When I brought this up upon check out I was told the policy was if it left the fridge it was to be charged. I was so angry leaving this hotel that I hope the housekeepers are enjoying their nice cold 7-up in the fridge that I bought and paid for.
I have brought my issues to the other employees here in my company. We travel around for business or pleasure and I have made sure to tell them that the treatment I received was not 5 star quality. There are other 5 star hotels that are cheaper than this hotel and we will be making our reservations there in the future. This hotel doesn't offer a program of incentives and does not matter if you have stayed 1 night of a dozen nights. They will treat you as a customer, not a "guest".

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MissLindseyB
Pascal D, General Manager at The Address Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear MissLindseyB,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Address Dubai Marina and for the time you have taken to write your feedback on Trip Advisor. First, please do accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had.

At The Address Dubai Marina, we pride ourselves in offering the highest levels of care and hospitality to all our guests. We are constantly striving to provide our guests with the very best welcome and service. With this in mind, your observations and feedback are much valued in directing us in this regard.

I was most concerned to learn of the disappointing experience with the way our associate handled the reservation which you have requested. As it had been well noted and required action has been taken in order to ensure that such situation does not occur in the future. In regards to 7-up charge, our Housekeeping team has been thoroughly briefed and you may rest assured that necessary steps have been taken to educate our Housekeeping team.

I trust that you will once again accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience on this occasion. Notwithstanding the above, I very much hope that this most unfortunate experience will not prevent you from returning to The Address Dubai Marina sometime in the near future.

Thank you once again for your understanding and I am looking forward to having the opportunity to meet and welcoming you back in the future.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times,

Pascal Dupuis
Lagos
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I typically stay at a specific hotel at the Dubai Marina but decided to go somewhere else. I had heard about The Address and chose the one at Dubai Marina rather than The Dubai Mall as I felt that would be too impersonal due to the largest shopping mall in Dubai's proximity.

As I got to the hotel, I found that there was a smaller mall attached which I appreciated as I was in Dubai for some shopping. The check in was fast but I eventually had to call for the porter to bring my luggage up after quite a wait. The room also had club lounge access where I could get breakfasts, light lunches and light suppers. I can say that the word light definitely applies. The lounge was not the best I've experienced and the food was truly light fare. I had my breakfasts at the main restaurant on the lobby level. By the way, the club sandwich served by the pool is very very good!!! I highly recommend it.

The highlights of my stay at The Address were: the attached mall where I did a round of casual and sportswear shopping; and the fact the hotel was on the Dubai Marina to which I descended for a good run. Apart form that, my stay was merely okay but not sublime. The hotel while nice enough did not feel as warm and welcoming like others I have stayed in. I must say that the in room amenities are very good and it is truly a nice establishment but just not warm enough for me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank OlaoluwaJ2
mirko a, Manager at The Address Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear OlaoluwaJ2,

Thank you for taking the time in giving us your valuable feedback and it was a pleasure to know that you did enjoy your stay with us.

It was concerning to learn about the delay in delivering your luggage and the variety offered at our Club lounge for lunch and dinner. Notwithstanding the experience you have faced on this occasion, please be rest assured that we have taken steps to ensure our team is retrained on essence of timely delivery and effective service. Would be also a good time to let you know that we have reopened our Club Lounge few months ago and it is only with such welcomed feedback we can take steps to evolve in delivering you a world class gastronomic experience.

Once again thanking you for the valued feedback and eagerly look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I booked a last minute weekend to Dubai and we choose this hotel based on the location. This hotel is fantastic , Great room , Great staff and an overall perfect stay.
The pool area is also exquisite .
would defiantly stay again

Hawkes

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pixiehawkes
mirko a, Manager at The Address Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear pixiehawkes,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We were in this Hotel just for few days in May and we discover an amazing spot in the Marina.
A true 5* hospitality where anything is never a problem.
The staff is extremely polite, gentle and accommodating. Rooms are small but well appointed with all amenities you would expect for a Hotel of this caliber.
The pianist in the lobby is a classy touch and the afternoon tea delicious.
My wife enjoyed very much the pool side and the SPA, BBQ on the pool is superb.
Perfect spot for few days in Dubai, great location
Will be back for sure

Room Tip: High floor pool side
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mark H,

Thank you for choosing The Address Dubai Marina and for the time you have taken to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure to read your very kind review and , I will gladly share your comments with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The address is a high end luxurious hotel. Super clean, super comfortable and very good service. The only downside is that it lacks personality. But I guess that's a problem with all Dubai hotels. But would highly recommend this hotel! Location is great, service is good and food is good ...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Halaokeili
Dear Halaokeili,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I would like to thank everyone at The Address Hotel - Dubai Marina

A special thanks to CCS, Banqueting, Culinary, Housekeeping, Qix Kids Club and Engineering for their steadfast help and assistance at Emily and Harry’s 5th birthday party yesterday in Almas.

Asif and Bob in banqueting attended to our every need and the banqueting team were always on hand to circulate and assist with serving at the event. Engineering offered creative solutions to our decoration and piñata needs and supported us with our sound system requirements.

The parents and kids were amazed at the quality (and quantity!) of food on offer from the culinary team and we were extremely delighted with the cake. The culinary team continually checked schedule timing with us for food preparation.

Sirjana with her face painting and arts and crafts, Magic Phil with his balloon modelling and magic show stole the event! Most of the parents have subsequently sent messages to us sending their thanks with added comments of ‘it’s the best party we have attended’, ‘loved the venue’ and ‘the food was amazing’.

Finally, but not least the biggest thanks must go to Paul in CCS, he seamlessly orchestrated the arrangements considering we were pretty much incommunicado for the week prior to the event due to family illness. Thanks so much!

A huge thank you from the Lewis family for the ‘best party’ ever!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear DXB_MatthewL,

Thank you for choosing The Address Dubai Marina for this very special occasion.
It is our pleasure to read your wonderful feedback, our team is much delighted to know that everyone had a wonderful time with us especially Emily and Harry.

We look forward to welcoming you and the twins back next year.

Yours Sincerely,