“For staying at marina..”

Address Dubai Marina
Ranked #5 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
New delhi
“For staying at marina..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

My stay at The Address marina was for 2 nights.. The check in was done smoothly and i have to add the front desk staff at the hotel is the most competent and warm i have encountered in some time. Every small query was handled with a warm smile.
The room i found to be quite modern with a wonderful balcony and the bathroom was smash on.
But the cleaning of the room was a bit more desired . As on the surface it was clean but my allergies came to surface on the first night,
My major issue with the room was that it had so many gadgets throwing their electrical lights at night that i had to unplug a couple of them to get some sleep.
If you want to stay in the marina area this hotel is perfectly located with the marina mall next door. And the metro station at a good 15min walk.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Pascal D, General Manager at Address Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Traveelate,

Many thanks for the time you have taken to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

It was a great pleasure and compliment for us to have your review and feedback on our hotel.

It is only with such communication that we can endeavor to maintain and provide the highest standard of care, hospitality and service to all our guests, as we move forward.

Pascal Dupuis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at the Address Dubai Marina for 3 nights as part of our Dubai trip. The hotel is in a great location on the Marina the check in was very professional and we were offered dates and traditional coffee whilst we waited. Our room was modern and streamlined with a very comfy bed and added facilities of a coffee machine and ipad. When we unpacked and tried the tv it wasnt working they had some up to fix it immediately then we were contacted by the manager to see if all was ok great service. The pool area is huge with plenty of sunbeds and a great view of the city and my husband and I would rate the breakfast as the best we have had at any international hotel anywhere massive choice of stations and service was friendly but very efficient. The hotel is attached to the Marina Shopping Mall plenty of shops and eating options and the metro station is about 2 city blocks away. We were very impressed by this hotel and would definitely stay here again on any future visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Marina.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear AustG,

Thank you for choosing The Address Dubai Marina and for the time you have taken to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure to read your very kind review and I would very much like to thank you for recognizing our associates’ friendliness, I will gladly share your comments with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed for work in June 2014, location is a good central point near the lakes towers whilst also central to look around the marina and 20 mins walk to the beach.

Hotel has nice well equipped rooms large space and good beds for quiet sleep - I was the 10th Floor. Good infinity pool and a nice size gym.

Whilst the staff were helpful and accommodating -like a few review on here they were a little distant was my impression, a few of my request needed reminding - forgot my tooth brush - need to request one twice for example - not really 5 star service.

Room Tip: room 1028 looks over the marina but there is some building work going on in june 2014....but then th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear willb78,

Riyadh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

very nice staff, elegant hotel, Amazing balcony , very clean near to Marina mall , check in and out very quick, Lobby so nice and quiet, swimming pool big and nice view to the marina. I enjoy every moment in the hotel.

Room Tip: I did not try the spa and the Breakfast. Rooms with the balcony amazing.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
mirko a, Manager at Address Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Randa S,

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I want to first say the only positive thing about my experience from this hotel stay was a wonderful massage with the Thai therapist (San).

Now let me get to the reason why I have come to trip advisors and my company's travel service comment board. I have stayed in this hotel approx. 10 times. This particular time the reservation was made for my fiancé and I. I had recently been sick and wanted a nice quiet room to recover in while my fiancé worked and attended his meetings. I have stayed here before and I knew this hotel was accommodation, so I thought. On arrival I checked in and I went to my room. I specifically requested, No smoking, and a quiet room. I didn't think these requests were too much to ask for. I did get the non-smoking room as this is a personal requirement. I however entered my room and found it was an adjoining room. First off, most adjoining rooms are not the quietest. Doors are heard easier and so are phones and TVs from the adjoining room. So before I sat anything down to not disturb the clean room I contacted the front desk asking for a room change. After a few min I was contacted by some Supervisor and was told there were not any quiet rooms available. I was told I was given one on the high floor to help with the noise, but then why was I giving an adjoining room on a higher floor? That's not considered quiet. I was then told I could move to a room that was on the smoking floor and that room maybe would not smell of smoke. I was astonished by this suggestions as It doesn't take an engineer to know that smoke traveled between AC ducts unless they have a negative pressure AC system. I could however have a room that could be cleaned in approx. 1 hours. It was 5pm and I am not going to wait one hour for a room. This is why one calls and makes a reservation. I never ounce as for an upgrade because I am aware of the room type I reserved, but it doesn't make a bit of a difference to this hotel if you have stayed 1 night or 10 nights. There must be NOTHING they can do to make their customers happy whom requested a non-smoking, quiet room. I didn't ask for a view or even an upgrade. I asked simple things that I have now learned this 5 star hotel cannot do. Secondly, I was charged for a 7-up that I did not drink. It was taken from the fridge because I did not want to drink it cold if I had to dink it. It did leave the fridge area. Anyways, when housekeeping came in to clean they put a receipt down stating they charged me 20AED for a 7-UP. When I brought this up upon check out I was told the policy was if it left the fridge it was to be charged. I was so angry leaving this hotel that I hope the housekeepers are enjoying their nice cold 7-up in the fridge that I bought and paid for.
I have brought my issues to the other employees here in my company. We travel around for business or pleasure and I have made sure to tell them that the treatment I received was not 5 star quality. There are other 5 star hotels that are cheaper than this hotel and we will be making our reservations there in the future. This hotel doesn't offer a program of incentives and does not matter if you have stayed 1 night of a dozen nights. They will treat you as a customer, not a "guest".

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank MissLindseyB
Pascal D, General Manager at Address Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear MissLindseyB,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Address Dubai Marina and for the time you have taken to write your feedback on Trip Advisor. First, please do accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had.

At The Address Dubai Marina, we pride ourselves in offering the highest levels of care and hospitality to all our guests. We are constantly striving to provide our guests with the very best welcome and service. With this in mind, your observations and feedback are much valued in directing us in this regard.

I was most concerned to learn of the disappointing experience with the way our associate handled the reservation which you have requested. As it had been well noted and required action has been taken in order to ensure that such situation does not occur in the future. In regards to 7-up charge, our Housekeeping team has been thoroughly briefed and you may rest assured that necessary steps have been taken to educate our Housekeeping team.

I trust that you will once again accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience on this occasion. Notwithstanding the above, I very much hope that this most unfortunate experience will not prevent you from returning to The Address Dubai Marina sometime in the near future.

Thank you once again for your understanding and I am looking forward to having the opportunity to meet and welcoming you back in the future.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times,

Lagos
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I typically stay at a specific hotel at the Dubai Marina but decided to go somewhere else. I had heard about The Address and chose the one at Dubai Marina rather than The Dubai Mall as I felt that would be too impersonal due to the largest shopping mall in Dubai's proximity.

As I got to the hotel, I found that there was a smaller mall attached which I appreciated as I was in Dubai for some shopping. The check in was fast but I eventually had to call for the porter to bring my luggage up after quite a wait. The room also had club lounge access where I could get breakfasts, light lunches and light suppers. I can say that the word light definitely applies. The lounge was not the best I've experienced and the food was truly light fare. I had my breakfasts at the main restaurant on the lobby level. By the way, the club sandwich served by the pool is very very good!!! I highly recommend it.

The highlights of my stay at The Address were: the attached mall where I did a round of casual and sportswear shopping; and the fact the hotel was on the Dubai Marina to which I descended for a good run. Apart form that, my stay was merely okay but not sublime. The hotel while nice enough did not feel as warm and welcoming like others I have stayed in. I must say that the in room amenities are very good and it is truly a nice establishment but just not warm enough for me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank OlaoluwaJ2
mirko a, Manager at Address Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear OlaoluwaJ2,

Thank you for taking the time in giving us your valuable feedback and it was a pleasure to know that you did enjoy your stay with us.

It was concerning to learn about the delay in delivering your luggage and the variety offered at our Club lounge for lunch and dinner. Notwithstanding the experience you have faced on this occasion, please be rest assured that we have taken steps to ensure our team is retrained on essence of timely delivery and effective service. Would be also a good time to let you know that we have reopened our Club Lounge few months ago and it is only with such welcomed feedback we can take steps to evolve in delivering you a world class gastronomic experience.

Once again thanking you for the valued feedback and eagerly look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I booked a last minute weekend to Dubai and we choose this hotel based on the location. This hotel is fantastic , Great room , Great staff and an overall perfect stay.
The pool area is also exquisite .
would defiantly stay again

Hawkes

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pixiehawkes
mirko a, Manager at Address Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear pixiehawkes,