Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
DUKES DUBAI(Dubai)
5,035 results
All reviewslagoon access roomlotus loungelagoon poolcrescendo restaurantmekong restaurantwater villathe beach house restaurantaustralian restaurantdeluxe lagoonmai barhalf boardmain poolpalm dubaibeautiful resortkids clubdirect accessice lollies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We arrived here for a weeks stay from the 8th-15th March. This was a surprise for my 40th and I am SO pleased my husband chose to stay here. It is virtually all the way round on the Palm so takes about 20 minutes max to get to the Emirates Mall and a 5 minute drive or just under an hour walk to "Atlantis". Thank god we were not staying there, it's a tourist attraction at best and is full of people 24/7.
When we arrived very early in the morning we were greeted with a jasmine flavoured drink and a cool towel. Our room was ready and as we entered were blown away at how lovely it was. The only downside was the balcony was in the shade and was directly opposite the Spa that is far from being finished!!
The noise does not bother you in the room as the doors need to be shut for the air-conditioning and therefore you don't hear it which is a blessing as it seemed to go on quite late!! But if you were to sit out on your balcony it would.
All rooms are no more than a few minutes walk to the pools or the beach.
We opted for the beach and loved the service you got. Tika Ram and Jackson were the perfect help getting your sunbed set up, and Amina and Mary and their smiley faces happily came round with slices of cucumber for your eyes, cold towels, ice-lollies and fruit every day. The water is beautifully calm but be warned their are jelly-fish although these ones seem harmful.
The restaurants are delicious. We were Half-board and so had breakfast in Cresendo served by the wonderful Grace which had a nice variety. Lunch we usually ate at The Beach House which was delicious and on my birthday we ate at Mekong which had views across to the Burj al Arab and was an amazing evening.
Whilst there we travelled a few times into town and it's 20 minutes in a taxi...I can't believe people think this is a long journey...just enjoy the views...your on holiday!!!!
We had an evening having drinks at the Burj al Arab which was an experience and on my actual birthday I was surprised with a Skydive!!! An amazing one off experience...views above the Palm will never be forgotten!!
My husband arranged a few things as my birthday was whilst we were there and Nikhil on concierge did a brilliant job. I had my favourite flowers delivered to our room and the bunch was HUGE!!
The one person who deserves the biggest mention was the wonderful Lutfour, who made our room look spotless EVERY day, was so polite and could make the most amazing towel art. His smiley face could brighten up anyone's day.
I could talk about Dubai and this beautiful hotel forever...we had the most amazing time.
It is a shame the Bushwaker's restaurant and the Spa were not open yet (although you could get massages on the beach or in your room) this would be a reason for us to come back though.

I do wonder on some of these bad reviews what people expect when they travel...they think going to a 5 star means people have to lick the ground they walk on.
A word of advice...everyone here wears a badge with their name on...use it!! It shows respect...these people are humans too and deserve respect. It will brighten their day and will enhance your holiday.

In a nutshell would I return to this hotel...YES in a heartbeat...We loved every second here.

Room Tip: 5322 if you want to be close to all amenities and have a shady balcont and beautiful vaulted ceiling in the bedroom.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Susiepoosy1003
james h, Manager at Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Susiepoosy1003,

Thank you for taking the time to share your very detailed review. Guests such as yourself are a complete joy to have in our Resort, the team thoroughly enjoy engaging with people from all over the world and when guests reciprocate with warmth and friendliness it does make our job so much more enjoyable. I am glad to see that your husband surprised you on your 40th birthday and that Nikhil was able to support his efforts. Lutfour gets quite a few mentions on here and good to see his name popping up again along with the Maibar team who create stories of their own everyday.
Our Spa and Australian restaurant are opening next month so I can assure you on your next visit you will be able to enjoy these experiences. Food tasting began this week for Bushman's and I think you will be quite impressed with this concept.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have visited this so called "resort" for my wedding anniversary. We arrived and checked in and went to the room. Once we got in the room the TV was not working, we had to call the Guest services to send an IT technician. This was resolved after 10 minutes of the technician trying to fix it. Moreover my wife complained about a bad smell in the Sink, the smell was horrible. It turned out to be vomit stuck in the sink. Where is house keeping? Where is the villa host? why weren't these things checked before we check in? We complained about this issue, who ever was in the front desk was not helpful. She showed us the rooms, we were not satisfied as the room we were in was kind of secluded from the other rooms. The lady from front desk kept saying i came "personally" i showed them "personally". It was annoying because i think it is part of her job to do so. We complained at around 8PM, the hotel staff kept arguing and saying we don't have any rooms for the night we are fully booked. it was hectic to deal with them until one of the managers or directors in the hotel came over. He was shocked that they gave us the room because it was not available for anyone to use or stay at. i don't know how reception gave us that room. He figured out what the problem was and upgraded us to the over water villa, we reached the villa at 10PM, after two hours of arguing with the staff. Once we went to the over water villa we realized the shower was broken. I informed the villa host, he said they will fix it, during our whole stay it was not fixed!!!! Moreover i have requested special arrangements for our anniversary decorations. We came to the room after dinner and i realized that what i have asked for and paid for was not done completely as i have requested. I requested a late check out, the lady at front desk was arguing and very defensive. She kept saying i need the room as i have promised the next guest an early checkin.

Overall it was my worst experience in hotels in Dubai. Staff need to be more professional with the guests.

Room Tip: Avoid water villa number 68
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Abdulla87

Dear Abdulla87,

I must apologise that your experience did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I know the team were in contact with you and did their level best to recover from your challenges upon arrival but clearly to no avail. Some work to do here which I will be discussing further with the senior team leaders concerned.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was our 29th holiday in Dubai,good weather and usually good service.It was husband's 65 th birthday and we stayed at the Anantara Resort & Spa the Palm Dubai for 8 days.A new but amazing hotel,the staff were welcoming and couldn't do enough for us throughout our whole stay. They made us feel special. The rooms were a delight and we stayed in a lagoon pool access room. They even had disabled lagoon pool access rooms. It was just so relaxing. One of the staff called Jackson paddled around the lagoon offering drinks and snacks from his canoe he was the soul of the lagoon with his cheerfull personallity.Special mentions go to Kathrina Ratag,Dharaka Fernando and the wonderful Crescendo restaurant team, always there to help. Another special mention to the pool staff and the amazing reception staff who went that extra yard to make our stay so enjoyable { thanks Yuliaty Lawandra.) Perfect hotel cannot wait till September when we go again.. Jo& Eddie. Southampton

Room Tip: Lagoon access rooms worth every penny
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank edward p

Dear Edward P,

29th holiday in Dubai and to receive your comments is a great tonic to the morning! Competition is tough in this market and we have to keep the foot down to constantly improve to stay ahead of our competitors, which I am pleased you have recognized through your interactions with the team. Katerina and the crescendo team are really growing with experience and Jackson continues to wow people with his warm personality. Yuliaty our duty manager is also a great support and credit to our brand.

We all look forward to your return in September,

Reviewed 22 March 2014

If you are negative and miserable don't go! This is a really great place great food brilliant service. I can't believe people moan about this. We went for a meal and cocktail at burj al Arab and I would sooner be here. Calmness no rude Russians and just nice folk. The people make this hotel. It's strange Thailand in dubai but lots of smiles. Dubai has no soul as the soul is kept in this hotel. If you appreciate life and are beyond opulence and money for a spiritually happy experience go ! Nothing to lose and everything to gain my friends love Gary and Monika xx ;-)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Showme3

Dear Showme3,

Thank you for you most encouraging comments, it is great to see that you understand our concept and appreciate the team who make our hotel stand out from the competition. We are a Thai company and we do our level best to bring the great aspects of Thai hospitality and friendliness to Dubai along with our humble approach and it so warming to see this recognized. This can only be achieved with great people who make working here an absolute joy!

I do hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel but still under construction durring my visit. The facilities are outstanding, specially if staying in one the lagoon vilas. The lagoons are outstanding and by the time the hotel is finished I'm sure its going to be a ver nice place to stay. It is great place to escape the stress of the city but for people on holidays in Dubai it is quite a ride from the hotel to get of the palm in to town.
Due to the construction there is as well still quite some noises which can be disturbing.
As well so far the hotel currently hasn't got many food outlet options until it is completed.
However it is a gteat place to spend a weekend.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Patrick W,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and experience a "touch of Thai" in Dubai, we certainly have a unique product in Dubai which has been very well received against all the usual standard Resorts available here. I appreciate the final finishing touches to the Spa and our Australian restaurant caused you some disturbance of which I do apologise for and look forward to having these remaining areas completed very soon!