I've just returned from a weeks stay at the Anantara Dubai and was totally blown away by the complete luxury of this hotel. From the moment we arrived we were completely pampered, nothing was too much of a problem and I can't speak too highly of the staff, they were amazing and always went out of their way to make sure your holiday ran smooth and always had a smile on their face.
The food was beautiful ( our favourite was the bushmans ) but all the restaurants were lovely and we particularly loved the chilled out atmosphere sitting outside the beach house and watching the sunset over the palm.
Last year we stayed at the atlantis , which we thought was fantastic . But the Anantara is equal to, if not better than the Atlantis.
It is quite a way round the crescent of the palm so it's quite a hike to the malls but well worth the journey, use the hotel car it's quite cheap and will come and pick you up when you wish to return.
The dubai fountains are fantastic , they start at 6.30 and have a different show every half hour. This year we went swimming with the dolphins at the atlantis dolphin bay, when you book this up it gives you free entry into aquaventure . This is something my wife wanted has wanted to do for years ...we all thoroughly enjoyed it although the photos are a bit pricey.
The desert safari is a must. We booked up before we got there with funtours and it was fantastic. Our driver was mental and couldn't stop grinning like a big kid, the more the girls screamed the bigger his grin got. After dune bashing he took us to a camp in the desert where we had food and drink ......the camel ride was free and there was some entertainment too which we all enjoyed. The whole trip lasted about 6 hours .
The hotel itself is nice and tranquil and very relaxing, so different to the Atlantis. Get a lagoon access room , it's worth paying the extra for , you come straight out of your room into a beautiful lagoon, pure heaven.
A little tip...when you come through dubai duty free get yourself some spirits / beer to drink in your room because alcohol can be quite expensive , approx £8.00 for a peroni although we did find it a lot cheaper than the Atlantis.
I thoroughly recommend this hotel. We had an awesome time and we would just like to thank the management and staff on a job well done. Can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort is a luxurious five star resort located on the crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah. Surrounded by lush gardens, 293 beautifully appointed rooms and villas are uniquely designed with contemporary Asian flair and overlook the tranquil Arabian Gulf or Palm Jumeirah. Complementing such a prestigious destination, resort facilities are designed with relaxation and luxurious indulgence in mind, and culinary journeys are crafted from a focus on mouthwatering diversity and impeccable tastes. Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort is located on the eastern crescent of Dubai's Palm Jumeirah. This world famous landmark is located just one kilometre from Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai's main arterial route, and consists of a trunk, a crown with 16 fronds and a surrounding crescent island that forms an 11 kilometre long breakwater. The crown is connected to the mainland by a 300 metre long bridge and the crescent is connected to the top of the palm by a subsea tunnel. Accommodation: A collection of 293 rooms and villas are clustered in units of four to eight to maximise privacy, with 130 of these featuring direct access to 10,000 square metres of lagoon pools. Guests desiring the ultimate private haven can choose a One Bedroom Beach Pool Villa with a personal infinity pool, a One Bedroom Over Water Villa poised over the ocean, or a generous Anantara Two Bedroom Beach Pool Villa that offers the pinnacle of luxury and is ideal for families and friends. Room Amenities• Individual climate controlled air-conditioning• Iron and ironing board• Luxurious bedding - down comforters, custom duvets, cotton-rich linens• Down and feather pillows• Personal safe• Tea and coffee making facilities• Mini bar• Interactive 40" LCD TV• DVD Player• Ipod docking station• Selection of 118 international and local channels• WiFi internet connectionBathroom Amenities• Bathrobe• Bathtub• Separate rain shower• Hair dryer• Make-up mirrorResort FacilitiesDiscover an impressive host of leisure amenities. Keep up your exercise routine with a session in the gym or a tennis match. Swim to your heart's content with a generous number of exotic pools. Sip refreshing beverages at the water's edge by day, and inventive cocktails or fine wines in elegant evening settings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, LoveHolidays, Travelbag, getaroom.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Amwaj Hotel Dubai
- The Royal Amwaj Resort And Spa