“stay at premier inn, dubai”

Premier Inn Dubai International Airport Hotel
Ranked #124 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“stay at premier inn, dubai”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

i have been at premier inn quite a few times. the best thing about this hotel is the professionalism and the courteousness of the staff. absolutely humble, polite and always smiling. the rooms are real good too and the hotel being just 5 min away from T3 is an added advantage. 24 x 7 shuttle bus service from/to airport every 30min makes life real easy fro travel.

Room Tip: room 220 is a family room with 1 double and 2 single beds
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Voorburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel is very close to the airport, but has surprisingly little noise. It is very comfortable, friendly and efficiently run. Unfortunately it is not possible to walk from the airport to the hotel due to the highway. There is a free shuttle service every 30 minutes stopping at different terminals. It is excellent for stopovers in Dubai.

If you are using medicines it is advisable to consult the UAE custom regulations concerning the import of medicines into the UAE, which apply when leaving the airport. I am using medicines for hypertension. In order to take my tablets along in Dubai during my stopover, I had to go to my doctor in the Netherlands for the prescription, than to have this endorsed at the Ministry of Health in The Hague, than I had to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for authorization and finally to the Embassy of the UAE who charged 60 Euro for putting their seal and signature on the prescription. This was time consuming and costly. In the future I will try to avoid making a stopover in the UAE on my way from Europe to Asia or vice versa

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the highway and airport side
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Haelen
Avignon, France
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We spent a short transit night in Dubai with our two boys 12 and 14. This hotel was booked on the net.
It is close to the Terminal 3 and people is really friendly.
At the reception Romeo gave key under one minute and was very careful and full of advices regarding quick visit in the city.
Lifeguard in the swimming pull on the top of the building (7am to 10pm) also very professionnal.
Strongly recommended.
Olivier from France

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I had multiple problems with this hotel. My husband and I booked the hotel for a place to shower and sleep for our 15 hour layover. We booked it due to it's advertised convenient shuttle to and from the hotel and it's supposed great value. Here are the issues we encountered:

1. The hotel advertises free shuttle to and from the airport, but the shuttle only runs from Terminal 1 & 3. When you fly an international flight you go through customs at Terminal 2. The only way to get to the hotel from Terminal 2 is to take a Taxi which cost us $15 US dollars. You can't get from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 or 3 without taking the taxi either.

2. When we arrived to the hotel at 7 a.m. we were told we were not allowed to check in until 2 pm. We explained that we had paid for the hotel to use during the day for we planned to check out at 10:30 p.m. that night and wanted to sleep and shower. They allowed us to pay an early check-in fee that we were initially told was $35, but ended up being $42. We agreed to this anyways out of desperation and then the hotel staff informed us that they were unsure if there was a room available and we are only placed on a waiting list to get a room. They told us we would be informed as soon as we could get a room, but it would not be for at least a couple of hours. We informed them we would get breakfast at their restaurant and they assured us we would be notified as soon as a room became available. My husband and I were very very tired at this point and all we wanted to do was sleep. (Mind you the breakfast was not complimentary and cost about $25 for both of us. Good variety, not great quality). We ate breakfast for 2.5 hours waiting for a room and finally decided to go ask them how much longer it would be. It was only when I went up to the desk and asked them how much longer it would be for a room that they informed us that a room was in fact ready.

3. The last issue we had was that at 10:30 we had planned on taking the free shuttle back to the airport. We were told that it wouldn't run again until 11 pm. Despite several attempts earlier I never got a clear answer as to how often the shuttle ran. The best answer I got was "very often". Our flight was at 1 a.m. and the hotel is less than 0.5 miles away from the airport so I thought it would be fine to take the 11 pm shuttle assuming I'd make it by 11:05 or 11:10 at the latest. But the shuttle made multiple stops at the airport and the driver and luggage helper spent most of the time between stops talking on their phone or to each other. We also had to keep a very close eye on our luggage because on a couple of occasions they gave our luggage to other passengers on the bus. By the time we reached our the terminal where we were told by the driver was United Airlines it was 11:30 pm. When we went in, we found we were intact at the wrong terminal and had to walk outside to go around and ask for directions to the proper place. We made it to our plane without any problems, but I would have liked to have done without the hassle.

Service: For reasons above I was not overall satisfied with the service at the hotel. Although some of the staff was helpful and communicative, others really made it frustrating for us for a while.

Value: We thought we were getting a good value when we initially booked the hotel, but the overall cost for the 11 hours we were at the hotel, it altogether cost us $188 (if you include the taxi which we didn't think we had to pay for and the breakfast which we would not have eaten if we didn't have to wait for the room).

Sleep quality: Once we did get to the room we were able to sleep on a very comfortable bed. I will say that the curtains don't do a great job of keeping the light out of the room during the day, but nonetheless we slept well.

Cleanliness: I have no complaints about the cleanliness of the room.

Location: Although the hotel is close to the airport, like I said, expect to take a taxi, not the shuttle if you're dropped off at Terminal 2. Also, it's a distance from downtown Dubai (about 30-40 minutes). They have a shuttle that runs to downtown Dubai 2-3 times a day. This was a nice convenience, but you do have to find your own way back to the hotel.

Rooms: A nice feature of the room is that you need to put your key card in the room in order to use the lights. I did not like that they do not give you complimentary soap or conditioner. Again, we wanted to shower and to get soap or conditioner you have to buy it from the hotel. They do have complimentary shampoo, but it doesn't come in little packets you can take with you when you leave.

Pool: They have a rooftop pool & whirlpool. The pool is very nice, but the whirlpool is lukewarm temperature at best.

Breakfast: The continental breakfast cost about $12/person and came with a wide variety of food. The arabic breakfast was very tasty, but the assortment of muffins, juices, waffles, and everything else was quite bland/tasteless.

Overall, I must say I was very unsatisfied with the hotel. We did love the brief amount of time we spent in downtown Dubai and recommend seeing the Aquarium at the Dubai mall as well as the The Dubai Fountains.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NSKrueger2013
Cali, Colombia
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Dubai is known to be overpriced on hotels during certain periods. For a short business trip to Dubai, Premier Inn is close to the airport, it has an excellent restaurant with linked room service, and there is a 24 hour coffee shop open in the lobby that has awesome pastries and cold cut sandwiches. My company put me up in the premier in a couple of times, now that I got hooked, I use it for other business purposes as well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wife daughter and myself went to Dubai vacation in December 2013. Our stay in Premier Inn Airport was very comfortable and pleasant. The free shuttle to hotel from airport was really great service after a long flight, it was waiting outside the arrivals when we came out. The check in at the hotel reception was a breeze and we were in the room within half hour from the time we walked out of the airport. The rooms were clean, wifi was good, the bar and restaurant were great. The restaurant had really good food - we tried both eat in and room service. The shuttle service to sight seeing places in the city was really good- gave us an idea of the city, places and a chance for us to get acquainted with the city, This hotel is an excellent choice - accessible, livable and affordable - Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Banbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Having stayed at the Premier Inn Dubai Airport on various occasions, see previous reviews, it seemed like a good idea when flying to South Africa with Emirates to break our journey, in both directions by staying at the Premier Inn.
On our outward bound flight we paid a fleeting visit in order to break the journey and on the return leg we stayed slightly longer in order to visit the Burj , as my husband had not been to Dubai before.
The hotel runs an excellent shuttle service to and from the airport and has now improved on this by dropping guests at various points in the city, such as the Dubai Mall, the Metro stops and other tourist attractions. This is really good news as it saves the cost of a taxi and obviously utilises the shuttle bus and staff.
I cannot fault either of our stops on this trip, the staff were friendly, efficient and willing to go that extra step to help you. I had booked us in on the return let forgetting that normal check in time is 2pm and we arrived into Dubai at 8am, this proved no trouble at all for a modest extra charge we were swiftly found a room, when I say modest it was less than £20.00
The room was clean, wifi is provided free of charge, there is a bar, a restaurant for breakfast and an on-site Costa, what more could you want? Oh yes did I mention the rooftop swimming pool, with panoramic view of the city and the airport?
This has to be one of, if not the best, Premier Inns in the world and I look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: so far I have had about 8 different rooms and they have all been good
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple