“Good food but poor service.”

Istanbul Flower Restaurant
Ranked #1,721 of 9,663 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Singapore
“Good food but poor service.”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is a review for Istanbul Flower Restaurant along Shaikh Zayed Road.
I went there twice while I was in Dubai as it's near to my hotel.

Both times, I get absolutely no service when entering the restaurant. It wasn't even particularly busy on both occasions. Even when I have sat down on my seat, no menu or service was offered. Waiters all seem disinterested.
I had to signal to one of the waiters for the menu both times.

On my 2nd visit, I brought a friend along. The waiter took the order, and after that went outside for a long smoke or break.
About 20 minutes or more later, our fruit juices & my friend's main dish has yet to arrive.
I had to signal to another waiter to serve the fruit juices.
I ordered watermelon juice but was served kiwi juice (the 1st waiter who took the order even repeated my order correctly). I thought fine, I am ok with kiwi too so I did not point it out.
As for the missing main dish for my friend, he gave up a few minutes after the juices were served & ordered sometime else.
When we were finally billed, the missing main dish was listed on the bill which I subsequently got the cashier to remove it.

Most of the waiters seem to be Arabs or perhaps Turks or Pakistani?
I can’t tell for sure.
In any case, besides the one single Pinoy waiter who to his credit was helpful & offered decent service, most of the waiters have an attitude.
1) They avoid eye contact with you. They will often look away & give a blank look when you are speaking to them.
2) They take your order but not served it till reminded 20 minutes later?
I also noticed that they seem to be more courteous to other customers who were not of east Asia origin (I am a Singaporean Chinese & my friend is a Singaporean Indian).
I will not advise dining in this restaurant unless you would like to take a chance with their poor service.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Wenchang

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
“Very bad service”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I love Turkish food and decided to give Istanbul Flower at Sheikh Zayed Rd a try. We went there about 10 pm and the restaurant was almost empty. The server who attended to our table seemed very disinterested and bored . We quickly placed our order for the shawarma which was good. We had heard so much about turkish ice cream and waited for the server to take our order. He passed our table several times but didnt glance our way. After a while , I managed to draw the attention of another server who promptly bought us our bill instead. I tried telling him we wanted to try out the ice cream before he disappeared . Finally I took the bill and went over the cash counter and informed the attendant there that, I really wanted the ice cream which I was not served and both the servers didnt take my order. He shrugged and said that probably they are busy.That's it ...No apology..no courtesy...I confronted him saying that the restuarant was empty. I told the second server standing next to him that he didnt get my order and simply disappeared. All he said was its not my table and informed the server who was supposed to be attending us.(first time I come across this)

Such casual attitude and unprofessional service has put me off .It is so contradictory to their mission statement on their website. I will never visit the SHeikh Zayed Rd Branch or this restaurant in any other branch ever again inspite of the food and its value.

Only the other day we dined at A La Turca (Rixos Palm Jumeirah) and were very impressed both with food and the excellent service.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank R0_mel
Muscat, Oman
“Good Turkish eating”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

A nice turkish restaurant with good food and extremely attentive service. The quality of food will not disappoint you. There are two branches of this restaurant one in Healthcare city and the other one is on Sheikh Zayed road. Their grilled chicken is a must try. The pides are exceptionally good

Visited July 2013
Liverpool
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

Everytime we're in dubai we eat here. Delicious food & friendly staff. Really good value too. Definitely the best turkish restaurant in dubai. Would highly recommend this restaurant. Not to be missed!

Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Real Turkish Food”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Although the place wasn't that big and fancy, but it was clean and organized , and the food was wonderful and yummy.

• Visited February 2013