“Great all round restaurant! ”
Review of Saffron

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palm Jumeirah
Description: With more than 220 dishes and 20 live cooking stations, you're spoiled for choice at Saffron, Dubai’s largest buffet. Live it up at Saffron's party brunch on Saturday, dine on an international buffet for breakfast, or enjoy flavour-packed dishes at dinner, when Saffron shines a spotlight on cuisines from around the world with Southeast Asian, Indian and seafood buffet feasts.
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Great selection of food and really good service. Nice ambience, the only downside was that we always had to ask two or three times for tea and coffee in the morning. Definitely would go back.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed 9 September 2016

This is a must if you're looking for a buffet. Not only is the food excellent, but the service is outstanding. The restaurant is super clean and very spacious. I would highly recommend this place.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I absolutely get upset by people standing and eating in the buffet lines. I especially hate people who use their hands to eat from their plates and then start touching the food set out on the buffet.
I have the utmost respect for others' cultures. I am not complaining if one uses his hands at his table to enjoy the food. I do not like it when one uses hands to eat in a line, puts food on his plate, removes said food and places it back on the line and expects others to eat it.
Here is a suggestion to restaurant patrons. 1. When you go to a buffet, do not eat in the line, wait until you get to your table. You will enjoy it more. If you feel you absolutely can not wait in line without eating the food, eat a little something before you go. Others do not enjoy watching you consume your dinner with your mouth open, chewing and possibly talking with a mouthful of food.
2. If you make a selection and it goes on your plate.... Leave it there. If you feel you are wasting the food because you decided you could not eat it after all and it would be wasteful and thrown away. Imagine the chef having to throw all of the food from the container away because of your decision.
These are professionally trained people who care about their food and your dining experience. They want their patrons to enjoy their time and not have to possibly get sick, have to go to the hospital and miss work from eating contaminated food.
Needless to say, I witnessed a lady with her husband and 2 sons( one was about 10 and the other 5 years of age). The lady in question was eating in the line, feeding one child, selecting an item with her hand, put it in her dirty plate and then try to put in back into the container. I said try. The chef saw what she was trying to do and stopped her before the food made it back into the dish. Chef Presamnant, was cooking at the Indian bread station last night. He told her politely NOT to put the food back into the container. She gave him a stunned look like he was crazy. She then continued to eat in the line and feeding her younger child .
I personally thanked the young man for his bravery and good training. I really appreciate that he took the time to think of the other guests who might have gotten sick from this lady's rude behavior.
The employees in the restaurant, supervisor, wait staff and cleaners were very efficient and caring. While we had multiple people checking on us and constantly inquiring about our dining experience, I can only remember one such person's name, Dev. All of the employees were well-trained. I also liked the fact that the restaurant will ask a chef to come to your table if you have a food allergy. I am very allergic to MSG. The chef escorted me around and pointed out which items did not have it as well as those that might have. MSG is not used by the restaurants on site, however, some food items are prepared by other places off property.
I will return to this restaurant . My husband and I enjoyed our time as we have each time we have gone over the years.
I do not return to properties where the staff allow guests to do as they wish at buffets. If they do this, what could be happening behind the walls that you can not see. It makes me believe that they do not care.
Saffron is not like this.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank bobbi2708
Food_and_BeverageATP, Management at Saffron, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Saffron restaurant on TripAdvisor.

We are truly appreciative of your recommendation. Indeed, we take pride in operating under the most stringent food safety management standards and we ensure that our colleagues are professionally trained to ensure that our standards are met at all times. In addition, our premises and processes are subject to very regular audits to ensure that we do not fall short of our standards.

We are also glad to know that our colleagues in the restaurant including Chef Presamnant and Dev made you feel secured. We are happy that they provided you with a caliber of service that perfectly reflected the standards that we wish to maintain in the restaurant. It is truly a fact that we take the food requirements of our valued guests highly significant and we are pleased to learn that you have appreciated our efforts.

Please be assured we will share your kind words with our team who will definitely be inspired to continue doing a great job.

We are looking forward to your next visit with us. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Sincerely yours,

Marco Rosado
Director, Food & Beverage
Atlantis The Palm

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Party brunch, great atmosphere if you are looking to get loose and have a good time whilst sampling an overwhelmingly wide range of food. Better in a group rather than in a couple.

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank same993
Reviewed 7 September 2016

we stayed at the Atlantis on a half board basis, and I found the food selection large and very varied. There was always something to eat, even for the fussy eater

Date of visit: August 2016