“reserve a room 35th floor up and a room ending 01 - 05 in the tallest hotel of the world” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai

Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai
Ranked #114 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

Only one half of the building (of course) is facing the Burj Khalifa. That's the view you want. The rooms are modern minimalist sort of, Villeroy & Boch bathroom appliances, restaurant is international themed cuisine and something for everyone, service excellent. Special thanks to Mouhrad from Morocco, the Maitre D'. He was very accommodating and forthcoming every time we dined there. His graceful service and etiquette truly belongs in a 5star hotel. Thank you, my friend. On a bad note: upon arrival, front desk put us in a room at low level, despite our guaranteed reservation (and appropriately priced) for a 35 up room. Excuse of the gentleman at the front desk: all rooms above level 20 are smoking rooms. .....Seriously? Who did he think he was catering to? Morons? LOL. Upon arriving in our room, that had a rather dungenous feel due to the fact that it was facing another highrise across and was completely in it' s shadow.... we called the FD Mgr, who immediately had the rooms change to level 48. Different world up there. The hotel is walking distance to the Metro, close to Dubai Mall and Burj Khalif. Tip: if you happen to drive yourself, make sure to get precise directions. We missed ONE turn and ended up circling around the hotel on the OTHER side of the highway, because we could not find the access road!!! We ended up hiring a driver for exploring the town anyways, recommended by the Guest Service. EXCELLENT choice. I found guest services also extremely accommodating (even though they could not get a High Tea arranged for us at the Burj Arab, despite the fact that we were trying to reserve almost 2 weeks ahead of time. One other Negative: 30 USD per day for Internet Access? Seriously? I found that a bit Ueberspecial....but what isn't in Dubai. All in All, good bang for your buck. AND you're staying in the tallest hotel in the world....

Room Tip: all rooms ending in 01 to 05 ABOVE 35th level
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sistatravelista

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ames
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

I stayed at the hotel for 6 days on a business trip. The rooms and service was great. The close location of the metro allowed convenient access to many locations within the city. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and professional. The hotel has an excellent breakfast and lunch area and is also close to many good resturants. I would highly recommend the hotel to any person visiting Dubai.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven O
Sharm el-Sheikh, Janub Sina', Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

It was fantastic experienced to have stayed in this hotel. I was upgraded to deluxe room when Donna and Shadi (Receptionist Supervisor) found out that the purpose of my trip to Dubai was to celebrate my birthday in their hotel for a week. Had a scrumptious cake as a surprise b-day present (Thanks Rose Rayhaan for making my day more special). LOve the room and super clean sheets..The staff are are so accomodating, helpful and friendly. Financial Metro station is close to the hotel, starbucks is just a minute walk around the corner..Love the breakfast buffet and filipino staff always greeted me with a big smile on their face..lovely people around. Thanks to Bodylines as well, love the view from the pool at night. Sure we'll come back again on my next visit.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mariam T
Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

If you visit Dubai for the first time this hotel is the perfect solution because is located on the metro station bringing you to each attraction of the city. By car you can reach Jumeirah (the beach area) in 10 minutes (taxis are very cheap).
The hotel is very new, the rooms are more than comfortable. Our room was the standard type (more than 40 sqm) and included kitchen and a nice view.
We use to end our days with a swim in the nice pool (located on the 5th floor) with incredible view of skyscrapers .
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
From the guest service desk they helped us to arrange a nice safari tour (with barbecue included!) close to Dubai at a very reasonable price .
It's really worth the money you pay! In Italy for such a hotel you would have paied double !!!!

SANDRA, CHRISTIAN AND BABY CHANDRA FROM BOLOGNA (ITALY)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Tehran, Iran
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

I have some tips to share, but lets give a general idea first:
Me and my wife stayed with Rose Rayhaan on a business trip for 4 nights. It was really good, from our arrival (1 am), fresh and helpful reception staff, good valet parking service, extremely helpful customer care staff, to our room, the view, location, breakfast/lunch ( I have some points here), pool and fitness center, location...and finally our checkout ..everything was really good and no complains. What I can recall as a major issue for me and think for any business traveler, is the internet connection, which was limited and expensive. I think a free wifi in rooms or at least in some selected places, can improve the interactivity of this hotel, very very much.

you can expect a good experience here, It seems someone is thinking behind all this, and sometimes, I can say they might be thinking a bit more than enough. I believe in Hotels and service industry, sometimes you need to let go, like the benefit from charging wifi.

Pool is small, but I think that is enough. If you are a drinker, then you may have trouble, as Alcoholic drinks are not served here.

Tips:
The most important issue is your room location. This is a vertical hotel, I mean there are 8 rooms in each floor, and in 60+ floors. So it is obvious that in such hotels, your view will depend on your elevation (floor) and location. The rooms looking to Sheikh Zayed road have best views, if located on 25+ floors. So try to get one of them. I believe if you are in rooms in the back side, your view would be a bit boring.
Breakfast is good/acceptable but bread is always old, and almost everyone I saw, was complaining about that. The same happened for the lunch. This is another area which needs a bit of concern.

If you have the right room in right floor, then I believe you will enjoy your stay here, as we did.

Room Tip: Rooms looking North and on floors 30+
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank vafa
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

I stayed at the hotel for a week on a business trip. I must say this was one of the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at. I was greeted by the most amazinly friendly staff. As a woman on my own, I was treated with the utmost respect and care.
My suite on the 51st floor I believe was fantastic. It had a small kitchenette fully stocked with snacks and drinks and extrememly clean. The bathroom was very nice and again stocked with everything required.
I wouldn't think twice about staying here again. The location of the hotel was walking distance from the International Financial Centre where I was working. And a reasonable taxi ride away from the Dubai Mall, Jumaiera beach and the Marina area.
With regards to food, I only ate breakfast in the hotel. But I must say that was fantastic also. There was a very good selection of hot and cold food to keep you going for the whole of the morning.
Overall a fantastic stay in comfort.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank payre001
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

I am actually enjoying my stay at The Rose Rayhaan hotel where I am checking in regularly, almost weekly. I can obviously say that the staff are very helpful and welcoming in all areas. I can talk about the reservation/reception desk team where all the team are great and also the other team members whom I am dealing with. Very quick check in and check out, all information provided adequately and clearly. My experience with the services desk was also great, especially when they helped me with the reservations for my family tours in Dubai when they came to visit, that was great.

The rooms are very nice, comfortable with great view. I actually like the kitchen corner in all rooms which makes it really good and flexible when eating or having snacks in the room.

The location of the hotel is very convenient actually just near almost all the famous places in Dubai. In most of the cases, it is few minutes distance.

I can also talk about the visa services that I asked for. That was quick and helpful, I didn't go through the stress of last minute confirmation as usually happens with me in other places!

It is very true when they say that it is home away from home. Even my little daughter liked the stay here and now asks me about the hotel staff she met!

All in all, I am delighted to use this hotel and deal with the team there. Thanks.

Room Tip: I personally like the romms facing the highway. Usually the room numbers ending with 04, 06 and 07.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family