“El hammichi”

Ranked #114 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Oslo, Norway
“El hammichi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

I loved everything about the hotel,good service,nice food.hotel is in the heart of DIFC,i really liked to be up high no the 57th floor.i had amazing vieuw from the room.i definitely go back againe :-)

Room Tip: Higher floors have less a/c unit noise
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
massadakah, Executive Assistant Manager at Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Thank you Mr. El Hammichi for sharing your experience following your recent stay with us at the Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai on “TripAdvisor”.

We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues, as well as the view and the location.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on “TripAdvisor”. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to our hotel soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

It's an easy to reach hotel in the heart of DIFC. Nowt walking distance from the Dubai Mall as I read somewhere but very close. We paid AED 20 to use the hotel car which is only AED 5 more than a normal taxi.

The outdoor temperature controlled pool is situated on the 4th floor which is not too big but still ok, unfortunately there are many skyscrapers around it that block the sun. But the view is great because of all these super tall buildings.

We stayed on the 57th floor overlooking the Burj Khalifa...amazing view especially during the night. The room was spacious and clean.

We had breakfast in Petals restaurant which had a good variety of food.

Of course don't forget that this is a dry hotel, as advertised, so no alcohol.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors. Rooms than end with 02 will have view to Burj Khalifa and 05 to...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank MarcoT59
massadakah, Executive Assistant Manager at Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Thank you very much for staying at the Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai and for the kind comments on the “TripAdvisor” for other travelers to view.

We appreciate your feedback, as we continuously strive to improve our services and only through comments provided by our valued guests, we will be able to do so. We were pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and were happy with our services and facilities.

Once again, thank you for staying at Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

This hotel is appealing because of 2 reasons: its size (65 story tower) and the location. I did like being up high on the 36th floor, and I did like being so close to the Dubai mall, coffee shops, etc. However, those 2 things are what you pay for. Overall, nothing about the hotel really stood out to me or "wowed" me. The pool was just ok. There are no lounges on site that serve alcohol. The front desk was the worst part. There was always a line, and the desk people weren't too sure about what they were doing. My credit card got charged twice which was an annoyance. Next time, I want to stay in a hotel that offers some sort of perks.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your disappointment following your recent stay with us. First and foremost, please do accept our apologies for not being able to meet your expectations. Your comments about the double charges on your credit card will be addressed to the concerned department for an immediate action. Kindly write to me directly, if this was not sorted out yet or if there was any further delay.

On a more positive note, we are glad you did like the hotel, the room’s view and the location.

We would very much welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel & the services. Thank you once again for providing us with your valuable feedback.
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

Stayed in this property 1-9 december. Execellent service.
Arrived late, early hours, prewarned staff at hotel, they responded quickly and reassauringly.
The hotel is clean, rooms are big, neat and include a large bathroom, kitchenette and a very large fridge.
Location is perfect, if you want to discover dubai- right on the metro line.
The staff could not have been more helpful and polite.
The pool was of average size and well kept.

Overall a comfortable stay, excellent decor of the room, spacious and relaxing.

Dubai simple ROCKS!!. It was an amazing experience,sun, sand, shopping. eating, what else can you ask for. People are nice, very multicultural, taxi's plentiful, cheap, even the private taxi of the hotel itself, cheap, only 4 dhs more than the normal, so cheap, better being in lexus than normal taxi. Metro is cheap!!

Will be back, definately, in same hotel.
If you thinking on this hotel or dubai, book it, you will not regret. ( and i have travelled many places and many 5* hotels, this is ranked highly in my opinion)!

Room Tip: ask for one high up even if it is a smoking room, you cant really tell difference, it didnt stink o...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for a very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the hotel.

Your kind comments about our colleagues is highly appreciated. Your comments will serve as an added motivation to the entire team to maintain the highest level of services at all times to our guests.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

Clean, spacious rooms, good location near to the metro.

Food good, shame you can't get to the top to get a great view!

Dubai is a place of everything on a grand scale! Pool area nice and great view.

Close to the malls, Burj Kalifa, I would reccomend.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank VickyRobinson
massadakah, Executive Assistant Manager at Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, 8 December 2012
Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay at the Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai on “TripAdvisor”. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of the Hotel and its services.

We are truly looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back upon your next visit to Dubai.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

If like me you're a TripAdvisor review skimmer then you may have missed the key fact about this hotel - no bars, no booze whatsoever....as a regular business traveller there's nothing I look forward to more than a quiet drink after a day in the office - which is fine if you're ok with fruit juice or sodas but I prefer something a bit more....interesting. So a great tip - come out the hotel, cross the road by the Metro bridge and head to the Sheraton opposite - it has a blue lit roof bar that you can see from the street which has great views across to the Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab etc. (and does a mean pint of Kirin).

Anyway onto the hotel itself; stayed for 3 nights. This hotel was half the price of the next available hotel, possibly due to events on in Town. Only room choice for a non-smoking room was single or twin room, all the doubles and premium rooms were smoking, which was disappointing. Still, the premium room I chose was very spacious, had a kitchen and sitting area and was very comfortable.

I loved the pool; on the roof of an annex reached from the 4th floor...great views along Sheik Zayed road and nice and warm too!

Staff are extremely friendly and helpful, and breakfast was ok but nothing earth-shattering compared to other places I've stayed.

I'd definitely consider this again purely from a cost perspective and because the staff were so nice.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Zippy_69
massadakah, Executive Assistant Manager at Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, 1 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review following your recent stay here at the Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai.

We are so thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and the service provided to you by our team, was up to your expectation. We will ensure to share your kind comments with our colleagues.

We truly look forward to your next stay with us.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

It was my first time in Dubai and the second hotel I was due to stay in during my adventure. Taking the train from one part of town to another was easy but arriving roughly three hours before my check-in was the problem. Being in Dubai I thought it vital to treat myself to the sort of room I might not get somewhere else and I got there well in advance to make sure everything was set from my end.

Approaching the front desk I spoke with a woman, explained that I understood how early it was so may I just leave my bags on site before my check-in time. Not only was I assured that it would be no problem but she was going to check and see if there were any rooms available for me to place my bags in immediately. Much to my surprise I was told there was a room on the fifty-sixth floor (at the next tier of room rates that I did not pay for) that was available. She upgraded me free of charge and the attached picture was the view from my window.

The hotel is within a block of a train station and every single employee there made sure my stay was better than I could have hoped for. Spacious room, great view, amazing value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Burj Khalifa.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
massadakah, Executive Assistant Manager at Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, 2 December 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay with us at the Rose Rayhaan by Rotana - Dubai on “TripAdvisor”.

We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Your comments will serve as an added motivation to the entire team to maintain the highest level of services at all times to our guests.