“Better than Expected”

Ranked #210 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Better than Expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I spent 6 hours in this hotel awaiting a follow on flight and have to say it was much better than expected. The staff bent over backwards for me which I didn't expect but was very grateful. The room was plenty big and for an airport Holiday Inn was better appointed that I what I have experienced with other Dubai Airport hotels.

The hotel has everything you really want for a very short stay. The front staff --particularly the night attendant (Mr. Lofty) made sure I was taken care of in getting to the terminal after the manager had earlier arranged for personal transport for me back to the Terminal. The shuttle at the Terminal is hard to find and runs every half or 1 hour. When I finally made it to the area the shuttle had left and I end up pay nearly 60 AED ($20) to litterally go across the street and this was from the Taxi rank with meter. This is about 30 too much. Even though I have traveresed Dubai about 100 times this was a lesson learned for me. If you want to insure you will only pay the standard rate even if the attendant points you into the direction of a nice white or black car you will pay double and it is all legitamate by the RTA. Get in the taxis with the orange top and beige sides. After explaining what happened and showing my receipt the manager upon check in he felt bad for me and arranged a car to take me back to the terminal. He didn't need to do this and I was expecting it. It is service like this that will find me booking into this hotel again when I have short stays. I had booked breakfast but left prior to the restaruant opening and the hotel made sure I was given a breakfast box to go. Again, didn't expect this but here again thought that was a nice touch that showed they were trying to look after me.

It is hard to stay too much about a 6 hour stay at an airport hotel but thought that management and staff did an outstanding job and due to this I would come back and I would recommend it to those who are looking for an alterantive to a long lay over in the airport.

Room Tip: Room on the 3rd or 4th floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mcmurrytravels
KanaanChady, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this review, 30 March 2014

Greetings from Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport.

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your wonderful comments about the experience during your stay at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport.

It is our pleasure to note that you had enjoyed your stay and pleased with the provided services. Your positive comments were highly appreciated and shared with our team members.

Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport
P.O Box 35257 | Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport | Umm Ramool, opposit T3. Dubai, UAE
E-mail: chady.kannan@hiexdubai.ae

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Free airport shuttle bus runs about every 20-30 minutes. Clean hotel. First hotel I've ever been in though that required a separate deposit (200 dirhams) to make local phone calls. The instructions in the room on how to make a local phone calll (British Airways still had our luggage) included nothing about any extra deposit. I was irate because I had struggled with their system trying to make a call. I told them every other hotel I had been in charged for the phone calls at check out but it did no good.

We were told that the nearest restaurant outside the hotel was within walking distance but it turned out it was about 4 miles away (10 dirhams plus tip by taxi). Glad we took the taxi. The doorman tried, and this happened EVERY TIME WE NEEDED A TAXI, the doorman guided us to a "private car." These private cars cost about 3 times what a regular taxi costs and you don't get to your destination any faster. Unless you enjoy paying more, tell the doorman "no private car. Just a taxi!!"

Restaurant: Breakfast was adequate. I particularly liked the Muesli. The fried eggs and been fried for a very long time and were hard. Yeuk! You won't starve. Dinner was good. They only serve buffet style.

After we checked out I discovered I had left a electric current converter in a wall socket in the room and we called them from Abu Dhabi. Immediately I was told they hadn't found anything. It took me telling them, "Don't tell me its not there. I know it is" and two trips by housekeeping plus one by the Manager to find it EXACTLY where I told them it was, "In the socket under the wall TV." Hard to miss.

Overall: OK for one or two nights, if you must, but not for a long stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We were booked into this hotel for an overnight after a long flight in from Hong Kong,on our way home to Glasgow. We had been told it was "basic" but found it very convenient.the desk staff were very helpful ,the rooms were clean and the shower was lovely.The rooms had everything we needed and the shuttle to airport (every 30 minutes ) was perfect.I don't know what people want this hotel was as good as any I have been in,and you only get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Room position did not matter as it was only a place to lay your head in between long flights ,we onl...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Cookstown, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed in the Holiday Inn Express close to Dubai Airport for one night. Hotel is clean and adequate for an overnight stay. A good regular and free shuttle bus runs between the hotel and Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 which saves on a taxi fare. For a business trip the hotel is very good however would not stay here if on holiday. Staff are friendly and helpful. Will stay in the future if passing through Dubai.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David M
Dear Mr. David,

Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Located near terminal 3 and perfect for an extended layover. They have shuttles every 30 minutes (top and bottom of the hour) for terminals 1 and 3, and one at every top of the hour for terminal 2. Beds are comfortable and the room are clean. I found the staff to be courteous. Didn't eat there, so cannot comment on the food.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank wrathokhan
Dear Mr. Valued Guest,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Handy location ..next to airport ideal for stopovers and 7 mins walk to nearest metro. Away from hustle bustle of city..lovely grass area to sit down outside hotel. Great gym facilities, breakfast lovely (lots of variety), free wifi and such lovely friendly staff. Special thanks to

Qaiser
Haseeb
Aysha
Mohd naveed
Kamran abbassi
Please thank them for their attentiveness.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Ali G
KanaanChady, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Mr. Ali,

Nottingham, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

On my last trip to Dubai I booked into the Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport hotel, which is literally a stones throw from the airport. Unfortunately it is the other side of the D89 one of the main routes into Deira, the old part of Dubai so there is no quick way to get to the hotel. When I arrived I got the free shuttle bus which runs every 30 minutes or so, 24/7 - this took about 15-20 minutes to get to the hotel. As I was on the afternoon flight from Birmingham (which gets into Dubai just after midnight) I didn't check in until about 2am but it was a fully staffed and very friendly reception, very efficient and I got to my room quickly. The rooms are modern and as you would expect to a good international standard. Breakfast the next morning was in a large spacious ground floor restaurant with a good all-you-can eat buffet breakfast. I picked up a hire car and was away...When I came back to leave UAE, I returned to stay in the hotel the night before. I arrived on the D89 - look for the left turn onto Marakech Street, then down to the first set of main lights, take a right, then the next left turn (towards the Postal Service HQ building) and the hotel is at the end on the left. Plenty of parking (I suspect because many people don't have hire cars when they come here). I couldn't be bothered to go out as I'd been on the road all day so I had a bar meal and a few beers (its expensive for beer, about 35-40 Dirhams a pint approx. £6 - £7 !). When I left the next morning it was easy to find the airport - retraced my steps to get to the D89 then took the left turn and its virtually the next slip road off to the car hire return. All in all I was quite happy with the hotel and will stay here again, mainly because it was so convenient. Also its within 5 minutes walking distance of the Metro - so I'll try that next time (which is soon!).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business