“Accounts a little erratic but excellent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Dubai Marina

Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Dubai Marina
Ranked #27 of 293 Speciality Lodging in Dubai
Alcester, United Kingdom
“Accounts a little erratic but excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

The taxi from the airport could not find this place, I learnt later that they do an airport collection service which would have been cheaper than the taxi we got! No mention of that on the web site
Booked in at about 2-30am very tired and they were charging me for my one night stay and again for the rest of the week. I was alarmed at this but too tired to argue.
Everything about the room/studio was perfect. Big tv in lounge and bedroom. Big bathroom lots of nice touches in the rooms and big fridge and freezer with pans cutlery and crockery in abundance.
Little touches like a room service menu had to be asked for but were provided.
Beware 10 dhm for a litre of water non supplied. Cost in shop opposite 1.35 dhm!
Food in restaurant more than ok. Staff excellent, pool good too with view of marina.

If using a taxi its located next door to the mosque ! which bothered us with noise on the 1st night but slept thru it thereafter. Its quite a walk to far end of marina where many restaurants and more lively place to be but all in all with a supermarket across the road open 7am-12pm 10min walk to shopping mall 5 minutes to chip shop or chinese takeaway the place was pretty much perfect for the price.
The metro station is 5 minutes walk from the Lotus and you pass an all night supermarket that sells bacon and ham on the way so not too far to go for a bacon sanny !

Sun from 10 - 4 before shadows intervened by the pool but beach is a bus ride away provided by hotel.Walking will take about 15 mins or less, due to much roadworks en route. Bus provided by hotel also go to big shopping mall.

Room Tip: I was in 3rd floor 309 no view of the pool but plenty of sunshine all day on the balcony no traffic...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa,Dubai Marina!
We refer to your recent visit to our Hotel and thank you for choosing us while in Dubai.
We thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities; I am sure your feedback will motivate all of us to work harder towards our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. I have noted your comments on our accounts error and assure you of corrected action with immediate effect.
It is the feedback from well wishers like you who make our associates strive even harder to achieve “service par excellence”.
While always looking forward to welcoming you back to Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, we all assure you of our best services as always.
In the meantime, of course, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues for any further information or assistance you may need.

Thank you.
Kind Regards,

Wajeed Bagwan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is by far the worst place I've ever visited in my life. I traveled all over the world and this was the worst experience ever .!!
This turned out as a joke.!!
Was planing to stay for 8 nights but as i got to the lobby I decided to cancel that 8 night booking for one night as the lobby looked like a ticket store from an indian metro station.
The room were like 2 stars hotel standing with a bad smell a no water pressure on the shower.
Left the morning before and checked out paid my bill and asked them to keep my luggage for the day so I can find an other hotel. When I got back to take my stuff they were like you will have to pay for another night as you're late to collect your luggage ..:)
Haha!!
This was ridiculous..
I had a huge argument with the "manager" who was barely speaking any language and had to ask them to call the police if they wanted me to pay.!!
They let me go..!
This was an awful experience in every way .!!
Be aware of that place .!!

Le

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Otosation
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Mr Otosation,

Greetings from Dubai.

I sincerely regret for the experience you have had over the short stint you have had with us lately. It is indeed unfortunate that we could not live up to your expectations for the reasons as mentioned in your review. We are thankful for your candid remarks , we have already taken up the service related issues as highlighted . We sincerely regret for the impression you carried with you about us.

However , we shall be glad to hear from you and should there be any thing we can do from our end , please do let us know .

Shailesh Grover

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Clydebank, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

My daughter & I stayed for the week. We have a lovely 1 bed roomed apartment on the 7th floor with a stunning Marina view. Our apartment was spotless & the kitchen was well equipt having everything we needed for a week. We used room service when we arrived in the early hours and were delighted with the speed & efficiency in preparing & delivering our food which for a hotel was very reasonably priced. The staff in the hotel were delightful and could not do enough to help, particularly the concierge who were expert in hailing taxis! Our housekeeper was lovely and very talented at towel art which was a lovely wee touch. The hotel has a fabulous supermarket directly across the road which has everything including a fresh bakery & deli counter serving hot food and again the staff were lovely - our bags were carried to the hotel door for us! (This never happens in Asda lol). The hotel is next door to a stunningly beautiful mosque and the prayers are broadcast throughout the day this was a shock in the early hours of our first night but we soon got used to it & for me that is part of the enjoyment of travelling ie to experience the culture 1st hand. We intended to book into the spa but we had so many other things organised that we ran out of time but they offered lots of different treatments which seemed reasonably priced but you had to book appointments in advance. By Dubai standards this is not a luxury hotel but what it lacks in visual wow factor it makes up for by the friendly welcome and lovely staff who are very attentive, it has a safe homely feel and in my experience was spotlessly clean, it is well positioned and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: A Marina View is a must!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Karen M
Dear Ms Karen ,

Greetings from Lotus !

Thank you for your detailed review about our product and services and our team mates that made the difference during your stay with us .

We are glad for your valuable inputs that was shared among my team members. We shall be glad to hear if we could be of be any further assistance during your next visit with us.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

I'm a regular monthly biz visitor.Good value for money and staff are great.Cable connection in room,marina view and a lovely cafe to start the day.It's not luxury but well worn clean!
However this time in Room 606 I was under attack by cockroaches.Even after 4 spray routines by staff they kept coming back.
I will return BUT please sort out the cockroaches.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard D
Dear Mr.Richard D

Greetings from Lotus Marina!

Thank you for your valuable inputs. Over the last few weeks gone by we have made some changes in our services which includes making the entire hotel WI-FI including the guest rooms , therefore I am hopeful of better experience of internet services within the hotel now. Lately we made change of our Pest control vendor as well . We are hopeful of a better experience in the ensuing months to come . Looking forward to welcome you again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Good Hotel Staff, very helpful
I rented a Villa it was very nice.
Place is near by Jumirah beach, JBR, Marina Dubai, Walk Street and super market in front of it, free parking.
Needs some maintenance in toilets
Other facilities are good

Room Tip: Couples take a villa Family take a family flat
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jean Michel M
Dear Ms.Jean Michel M,

Greetings from Lotus !

It is indeed my pleasure to share your valuable review about us with my team mates. We are glad to see that your stay was a comfortable one . Your observations have been taken up and corrective action has been done in this regards.

We shall be glad to hear from your again.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Staff at the hotel were exceptional. Greeted with a refreshing drink and warm welcoming smiles. We didn't manage to get an apartment with a marina view - however the view from the pool more than made up for it as we spent very little time in the room. Pool isn't heated but made for a very refreshing dip! 15min walk from nearest metro station which was useful as we hadn't hired a car.. Easy to get down onto the marina with plenty of choice of restaurants. Room had clean towels, shampoos and hair dryer. The rooms were very clean with ample space. Will refer back to how accommodating the staff were. Due to sad circumstances our trip was cut short and they did what they could it accommodate our needs

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Catherine G
Dear Ms. Catherine G

Greetings from Lotus Hospitality!

It is indeed our pleasure to see your valuable review about us .It shall be our pleasure to be your host once again.

Looking forward to your return visit with us .

Kind Regards,

Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

My best friend and I stayed at the Lotus Hotel Apartment Dubai Marina's one-bedroom apartment for 2 nights in early November 2013. We chose it due to the affordable rate (compared to other hotels in same location) as I had the Gulf's Entertainer voucher which Lotus Group is partnering with. The scheme gave us a one for one night complimentary stay, although the charge was based on call-in (not online) at best available rate, which was much higher than the online rate.

We took the advice of previous TA contributors to request for high floor + Marina view room and were happy that they acceded by showing us to a Marina view room located at the 5th floor. The building has a total of 7 floors only, making it one of the shortest and smallest around the area.

Below are my review of the Aparthotel's pros and cons :-

Pros :
- Friendly and efficient front desk personnel - noted that the gentleman handling our check-in (forgot his name) was a great multi-tasker ; doubling up as the receptionist as all housekeeping requests and outside inquiries were channeled to the front desk!
- Great view from the balcony if your room faces the Marina.
- Comfortable beds and pillows.
- Amenities such as small kitchenette complete with microwave oven, kettle jug, plates and minimal utensils (You would need to conduct a comprehensive 'treasure hunt' to locate the spoons and forks as they are hidden in an inconspicuous drawer without any handle below the sink).
- The room was tidied daily. The housekeeping guy also acceded to our request to convert the double bed into 2 single beds.
- Enjoyed the massage service at the Lotus Spa.The lady at the spa counter managed to accommodate my request for a last minute booking at 8pm (they close at 9pm) but due to shortage of staff, she managed to give me a 30 minutes deep-tissue massage which was really good. The spa's ambiance was quiet and clean.
- There is a well-stocked supermarket across the street (Choitram's) which is very convenient and quite a few restaurants and cafes along the Marina Walk.

Cons :
- The room was generally clean, although the glass panels facing the balcony needed a good wash.
- The bedroom + bathroom were quite dim to our preference, probably due to the dark grey tiles and interior walls.
- The sewerage system needs to be checked. Each time the toilet is flushed, there is a funny odour which permeates the bathroom. We had to open the windows to air the room after every visits to the loo.
- Wifi only works in the hotel lobby and you would need to keep trying many times before you get a connection.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay for 2 nights but if I plan to stay longer, I would want to consider other options. Note too that the bedroom size is adequate for 2 people so it won't do for families.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Marina + higher floors
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank K2travelgirl
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Dubai Marina, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Ms. KellyKum ,

Greetings from Lotus !

Thank you for your reviews. In order to understand our customers we take our guests reviews seriously as they guide us to understand the market demands in a better way. Based on this some of the common issues that came up during the time have been closed such as Making the enire hotel Wi-fi including the guest rooms . We offer Free of charge Wi-Fi in our hotel Lobby only. Lighting of the bathrooms is being reconsidered and has been implemented in some of our rooms already thus making our rest rooms more brighter than earlier. Issues with regards to the General maintenance have been taken up already .

We thank you for your appreciation for our team members whose presence made the difference . We are glad that your overall stay was a favorable one.

Kind regards