“Great value for money!”

Ranked #399 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great value for money!”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Great location for a short business trip.
Great value for money.
Close to computer shops.
Easy to access to Metro, Taxi and Bus.
Only 5 minutes away by walk from Burjuman shopping centre.
Located in Bank street.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Finnish first
Europe
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I wasn't relishing paying "Tourist" taxi rates at the airport so when I found out you can get to the hotel using the city's Metro system I found that useful. The Dubai Metro takes you from the airport "arrival" terminal to a metro station some 350 metres from the hotel and paying 14AED for a multi trip metro day pass instead of >50 AED for a taxi seemed good sense.

Once at the hotel valet service was friendly, contrary to the front office supervisor, who doesn't seem to undestand that being courtious to guests is a minimum, (first impressions and all that), especially when this particular guest has done hotel front office duty himself.

The room I was staying in (#107) was spacious but, oh dear! twin beds, and small! Bathroom was OK but be careful the hot water from the period style taps is boiling, check out the photos to see what the bathroom is like
Bed linen and towels were clean and plenty...Room was essentially clean, but the electrical fittings had seen better days, black marks around the 3 pin socket holes as if they frequently overload.
As far as sleep quality is concerning I got woken up one night by the next door neighbour's telephone ring in the middle of the night, it was so loud I thought it was one of my phone that was ringing
(Note. Although my room was just over the restaurant I couldn't smell any cooking as I had read in other reviews)

As far as breakfast is concerned it was OK with local specialties and, good point, fresh, a la minute, omelettes. Bredakfast starts at 7 but no need to race down to be there on the dot for 7 because the restaurant waiter invariably needs another 15 to 20 minutes to finish building the buffet, there where some nice foods but unfortunately no fresh or Amercian coffee, just powdered.

I didn't try the restaurant in the evening. The restaurant boasted a buffet but I had other projects

Check-out was better than check-in although it was the valet and night receptionist who looked after me. They gave me a customer satisfaction form which I duly filled out giving average evaluation except for one point. I found out to my amazement that the window of the 01st floor room I was in didn't lock. The room was accessible by the flat roof of the mezzanine and it seemed to me that you could walk your way round and if curious check the windows to see if they slide open or not. The night receptionist seemed surprised to hear this but as I took certain precautions I reckoned anyone trying to burgle the room would probably regret it.

All in all I would say the hotel merits a 2.5 not quite 3 rating. Its nothing special, ok for business trip but I would not take my wife there!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ripper38
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

Dirty hotel with a bad smell of food, the back ground music in the hall ways was radio that was not tuned in, very annoying. The rooms have a problem with noise pollution and the decor was ols a dated. The hotel charge for wifi and the hot water needs to be switched ob at least 2 hours before you shower!!! The room was not cleaned properly as I found hairs on the old rugs, the was a suite by the way. This is a low 3 star in a dirty part of town.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank OpsOps

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and found it cozy. The room i was staying at was clean with a good view of the main street outside. The room was well decorated, with a big window and had all the essentials. Bathroom was clean and the towels were changed every second day. Internet was reasonable priced around 20aed for 24 hours. The staff were helpful but one can not expect 5 star service from a 3 star hotel.
My only complaints are the mini bar and lack of cold water in the bathroom.Otherwise I had a pleasant stay. I would certainly receommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for room 403 if travelling alone. Thats where i was starying.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Faraz A
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The bellman/housekeeping staff who attended to us soured what could have been a nice experience. Except for the polite receptionist, who was also kind enough to upgrade us to a bigger room, the concierge/housekeeping staff who attended to us were not professional and needed to be properly trained. The concierge staff who brought up our bags was super sticky, and kept on telling us where things were even when we asked him to leave as it was around midnight and we were tired. He wouldn't leave unless we gave him a tip, which annoyed us and reinforced our decision not to tip him. Then we asked the housekeeping for a cold bottle of non-gassy water as there was only Perrier in the fridge and it wasn't even cold as the fridge was not switched on. When the housekeeping staff arrived with our bottle of water, he insisted on entering the bedroom and checking the fridge, as though we lied about the water. My husband told him he couldn't enter as I was already in bed, half asleep. He kept on arguing with my husband and this was at around 1am, when all we wanted was a bottle of water and to go to sleep! In the end, my husband had to open the fridge door for the staff to "check" everything was ok (he could see the contents from the entrance, where he remained), and only then, he agreed to give us the bottle of water and leave. In all our travel experiences, and in all the hotels we stayed in, budget or luxury, we had NEVER encountered such rudeness and unprofessional conduct! We informed the receptionist the next day and were given an apology and everything went well after that. However, this experience still gave us a bad impression of the hotel and we left the day after.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sayang11
Fortaleza, CE
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I was sorry cause I didnt stay all nights over there. The rooms are enormous, very confortable, crew friendly, close to the metro, PERFECT price in the internet. The only thing i didnt like was the smell we could fell in the corridor and also a little bit inside the rooms, like food.. the location is also very good.. taxi in dubai are cheap and u can save some taking the metro and then going to the main places u want!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Brunofrb
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was in Dubai in March 2012. Before my arrival, the hotel asked me twice to provide a new credit card number because the one provided was invalid. I sent two credit card numbers, both fully functional and three days before my arrival, I send them an email to confirm my hotel reservation. The day of my arrival I was informed that my reservation was canceled. The hotel said that they had never received my emails and they didn't let me connect to prove that I contacted them. After several lies, I was informed they had one room available but the price was three times more expensive than the initial one. It's all a strategy to get more money. I spent more one hour discussing at the hotel when I had just 24h in Dubai!
Futhermore the hall was quite shabby as well as the neighborhood. Do not book this hotel!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple