“Value for Money at a Fantastic Location”
Review of Rainbow Hotel

Rainbow Hotel
Ranked #416 of 557 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel is located at Bank Street and very near to the Metro Station. I choose this hotel whenever I go to Dubai because of its location, proximity to several good restaurants and easy access to several supermarkets. Although the front desk staff needs more training on guest relations, the stay is comfortable. Rooms are decent and you can stay with family as well. The area is very safe.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank Sameer S

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I booked into the Rainbow Hotel in June 2014 in order to try to fix two problems that had occurred in 2013:

Problem 1:

1. I booked to stay at the Rainbow Hotel in June 2013. I had the option to cancel free of charge with 24 hours' notice. I cancelled the booking one month before the date of the stay. Despite the fact that I cancelled my booking well ahead of the booked dates, the Rainbow Hotel held onto the pre-authorized accommodation fee. This amount has not been recredited to me.

Problem 2:

2. On Friday 19 July 2013, I was notified by phone that the credit card that I used to book my cancelled June booking was being used to pay fees owed by some Dubai resident to various Dubai ministries, etc. All the transactions were undertaken in Dubai. All evidence suggests that some employee of the hotel was the thief--because I had--and have--never used this credit card in Dubai or anywhere else except to make my booking at the Rainbow Hotel.

I emailed the hotel and never got an answer.

When I stayed at the hotel in June 2014, I presented these problems to the manager; I showed him the emails I had sent.

His response was that even HE had had his account hacked and that this is in fact okay--"You just get your money back from your bank."

TO THE OWNERS

The rooms are beautifully designed and furnished. However, when I lifted the kettle to fill it with water, schools of cockroaches scattered from under the kettle, the tray, and the cups. Luckily, the housekeeper was there at this moment and, wanting to give me a fair fighting chance, handed me a can of PifPaf with which to do battle. This proved helpful beyond the kettle, for under the bed there were armies of cockroaches of all sizes. Interestingly, I never saw even one in the bathroom. When I asked why the hotel had such a problem, I was told, "Because guests eat in the rooms"--which implies that no one truly ever cleans it or that rooms in which eating occurs are uncleanable.

This hotel has incredible potential. Sadly, the hacker-friendly manager in his second-hand suit and his deputies appear determined to run it straight down the can.

I can only assume that the owner of the hotel is not aware of what goes on here. Perhaps such feedback as mine (and others') will serve as a wake up.

RECOMMENDATION
To the owner/s:

1. Remove the corrupt management and all henchmen
2. Investigate secure methods of handling guests' personal data (including penalties for abusing such)
3. Clean the rooms.
4. Don't make it necessary to issue cans of insecticide to guests
5. Fix the gym
6. Read emails and feedback from guests
7. Act on guest inquiries and feedback
8. For God's sake, remove the picture of the bed with the slashed bed from Booking.com--or does this not bother you?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
15  Thank Albedaini
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel is located at Bank Street, very close to the Metro station, and conveniently surrounded by lots of shopping places.. Very safe area to be in, even at night.. The stay was decent.. Rooms were comfortable and food was nice.. Do not expect luxury, but a decent place to stay with family on a budget trip

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ShyamaKP
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The location of the hotel is between the 2 different metro lines -- and that was helpful and walking distance to the Burman Center. (As a single woman -- I felt safe walking back to the hotel alone after dark -- as lots of people on the street.) And grocery stores nearby so easy to stock the in room fridge with yoghurt and juices. The internet connection was good. But I think I liked the shower (and tub) the best -- as great water pressure and nice hot steamy showers. The food in the restaurant is predominantly Indian and the fresh naan was delicious. It was a basic, simple hotel -- but I might choose it again. It's a smallish hotel and the hotel staff remember you and try to be very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Loki_21202
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed here from 24th to 27th oct-13. Clean place, friendly, ever smiling staff. Conveniently located, walkable distance to the metro. Value for money. Room cost includes Buffet breakfast, not a great spread, but covers most tastes. Will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kiran_Travel
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We have stayed there for 5 nights. We have traveled there in Jan 2012. i am picking October 2012 since i could not find dates not latter than that. Rooms was pretty clean. Service was excellent. Especially restaurant was Excellent. You will get all Indian food. Just beside that we can find big Apsara Super market. There u can find any thing except gold. So in last minute also you can buy any stuff which you get in Dubai. Overall my rating is excellent in Reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank susheelkcp
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The Rainbow Hotel is very well situated on Bank Street, which is the home to most of Dubai's banking HQ. It is also close to the airport, making this an ideal business hotel.
The rooms are clean, large and well fitted. The mini bar is well stocked, the bathroom's large, with bath, shower, toilet and bidet adequately stocked with towels and personal hygiene items (soaps etc).
The A/C is ducted, so effective and not noisy at all.
I had a road facing room, but was not bothered by noise at all due to the good quality double glazing fitted.
Internet is available, at a charge if I recall of AED60/day, and is fast (10mb/s).
I had a buffet breakfast, which was large and also very reasonably priced. If you like Indian food, it's great, as in addition to the Western style of breakfast , there is an Indian offering too (Idly, paratha etc).
Staff are friendly and honest.
You can pay double the price by staying at a leading chain of hotel just next door, but I would recommend the Rainbow if you are coming for business and want a clean centrally located hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business