“excellant stay”

Ranked #35 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“excellant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Had an ejoyable stay @ the armani hotel very organised and well kept..
service was very good especially from the workers and a guy called Edward...he was very helpful and attentive to our needs whether it be about local information about places..to information about dubai and abu dhabi in general...recommend everyone if you ever have any information quieries to get into contact with Edward and the staff @ armani...helpful and enjoyable!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank haitham d
Spencer W, General Manager at Armani Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Haitham D,

Thank you for choosing to Stay with Armani.

I am very happy to read your review and especially your recignition of Edward, we are fortunate to have him on our team. I will share your accolades with him and the team.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Dubai and Armani in the near future and until then, wish you well.

Best,

Spencer Wadama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Unfortunately I only spent one night at the Armani. From the pick up at the airport to the drop off back at the airport everything just seemed to have the right amount of everything. Booking online was very efficient and then the communications very professional ensuring everything required was in place. Airport pick up very nice and check in at the hotel done in the blink of an eye in the room.
The hotel itself and the rooms are spectacular. Take time to savour the hotel - great swimming pool deck - spa was a little less than expected. The only restaurant I used was for breakfast and that was one of the most delicious spreads I have had the pleasure of. Checkout was not required ( billing was perfect). When in Dubai spend the $ and give it a try.

Room Tip: Try to arrange a room viewing the fountains high up.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kelvincraig
Spencer W, General Manager at Armani Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear kelvincraig,

Thank you for choosing to Stay with Armani.

I truly appreciate the time taken to share your thoughts and am very happy to read that you had a great experience of Armani and Dubai. I have already shared with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dubai in the near future and of course Armani Hotel Dubai.

Wishing you the best,

Spencer H. Wadama
Boulder
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

When I arrived to the Armani, it was after an extremely long and grueling ordeal figuring out how to get to it.

How to get to the hotel from the airport: The simplest way is to take a taxi, if money is no issue. However, if you're trying to minimize expenses, you can use the very clean and new metro train to get into the neighborhood. It's a nice way to see the area, but you may find no where to sit if you travel during rush hour. When you arrive at DBX, go find the metro station upstairs and buy a ticket to a neighboring area. In June 2014, it cost about 4.5 dirhams, which translates to approximately $1.25. Take the train towards Jebel Ali, and exit at the Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa exit. Do NOT walk toward the Dubai Mall. Exit the station by heading downstairs and find yourself a cab. Tell the cabbie you are going to the Armani Hotel (NOT the Burj Khalifa), and they should charge you about 10 dirhams ($2.50 USD) to get there.

After I arrived to the hotel, I must have looked like a melting, red-faced American idiot who didn't belong at the hotel. I was wearing comfy (not classy) traveling clothes, and my cab driver had disbelievingly asked me if I had a reservation at the hotel. Yes, I know I looked like a hot mess. To the credit of the staff at the hotel, not a single person made me feel uncomfortable. The moment my cab pulled up to the curb, I was taken care of. My luggage was whisked away, I was seated in a comfortable area and provided a cold washcloth, bubbly drink with rosemary and lavender, and two small bites on an elegant tray. The level of service is such that you never stand at the front desk. They bring you any documents you need to sign, while you relax. After check-in was complete, I was personally shown around the hotel. The location of restaurants, the spa, pool, etc., were all pointed out to me. I was then walked to my room, where I was shown throughout the suite. The lobby, hallways, and suite were all designed in a sleek, modern, minimalist style. It was unlike anywhere I've ever stayed before, and conveyed a sense of style and luxury.

There are iPads in each room of the suite which operate the TVs, curtains, music, suite door camera, DND, among other things. There is a nice K-cup coffee machine, an assortment of juices, sodas, and waters, and an electric water kettle. They also provide shortbread cookies, a container of fresh fruit, nuts, and other snacks in the room. ALL of the food/beverage in the suite was included for free with our stay, which was fantastic! I loved the coffee machine and used it daily. We also routinely snagged a juice or a soda before heading out to face the heat of the day.

On the cost...this hotel is in THE landmark to see in Dubai. And right next to the Dubai Mall. And one of only two Armani hotels in the world. Yes, it's very expensive. If you want to stay here on a "budget," you should book your trip during June, the hottest month of the year. Occupancy is lower and they offer deals for a fraction of the cost charged in high season.

Our suite was on the 8th floor, and overlooked the Dubai fountains. It was wonderful to see them run at night, and the system in our room allowed us to turn on the music in our suite! We used the blackout curtains when we slept, and they were extremely effective. We were a bit jet-lagged and managed to sleep until 3pm one day. In each room, there were modular walls which you could slide to conceal the television (in the living room), the bedroom, the bathroom, etc.

The shower had a wonderful rain "shower head" in it. Unlike other shower heads which would normally force a spray of water down, this was more like a pan where the water was actually allowed to simply fall from the force of gravity. It was very relaxing and the amount of water from this shower head and the side heads you could turn on to spray your body was fantastic.

We ate at the hotel buffet restaurant for breakfast one morning and it was an experience in itself. The selection was fresh, varied and offered a few different items. I tried a gooseberry and cold muesli cereal for the first time (both tasty). They also offered some Indian type dishes, which is great for a savory-food eater like me. The buffet was fairly vegetarian/pescetarian friendly, too.

We used the concierge multiple times during our stay. Each time, the service was impeccable. Not only did any employee who ever knew your name address you by your name from that point on, but they just went the extra mile to accommodate your requests. We asked the concierge to book our visit to the top of the Burj Khalifa at sunset, and were quickly assisted. We asked for a late dinner cruise last minute, and we were booked into a classy dhow cruise on the creek.

There is a certain formality and you want to observe local customs (dressing appropriately) while you're in the lobby areas. However, I was directly told that western style swimsuits at the pool were acceptable. Additionally, don't be surprised if the doormen, concierge and other people cater to the man when providing service. It's merely a reflection of the culture, and honestly ladies, it means you can take a vacation from being responsible for arranging anything for a while. It's kind of nice once you get accustomed to it.

Back to the pool. This is my favorite pool in the world! It's peaceful, clean, and the attendant sets you up where ever you'd like to sit, laying out fresh towels and adjusting the umbrellas for you. They also provide cold water next to your lounge chairs. But, this isn't why I love the pool. It's the WATER. It must be the desalinated ocean water, because it has a silky feel on your skin, I swear you float more easily, and there isn't even a hint of chlorine. Blissful. They also offer a nice assortment of steam and sauna rooms just inside from the pool, but it was just too hot for us to take advantage of them on this visit. The only thing I would change about the pool is that the chaise lounge chairs do not adjust at all. This means you can't easily lay on your stomach to tan your back.

Lastly, you cannot beat the location of this hotel. They have an elevator you can take to a private entry into the Dubai Mall. The Dubai Mall is just to die for. I'm not a mall person, but I could go hang out at the Dubai mall once a week. There are SO many restaurants to choose from, and stores you can only see in a handful of places in the world. I would stay here again in a heartbeat (if I could ever afford it!), and would recommend this hotel easily to any travelers who are looking for the best in Dubai. They won't disappoint.

Room Tip: If possible, get a room overlooking the Dubai Fountains. The fountains are like the Bellagio fountai...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dawn F
Spencer W, General Manager at Armani Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear ClaireBeauchamp,

Thank you for choosing to Stay with Ammani and for taking the time to share your experience.

I am very happy to read your very detailed review and appreciate the comments, feedback and recognition of our team. I have already read your review to my ambassadors of Armani.

We have and always strive to provide the highest standard of stay experience for our guests, so I am very pleased to see that we did so with you both. I am very happy to know that your enjoyed the staff interactions, the facilites and the location of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back (hopefully) in the near future.

Thank you again for the comments and wishing you both all the best.

Preston, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Part of our Burj Khalifa visit was lunch at the Armani. What a disappointment. I can only assume, from the other posts here, that absolutely no effort was made for casual diners. The food was mediocre, there was no choice of menu and even a table which overlooked the famous fountains didn't make the experience special. I suppose the place could be called stylish - I felt the word 'stark' was more appropriate. One of the other reviewers here says that the décor was 'understated'. That has to be the understatement of the year. The main waiting area felt more like an upmarket office reception, but then maybe that's just me. I'm not really into minimalistic décor, and this was. Not a hotel that I would choose to return to.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Louise T
Spencer W, General Manager at Armani Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear LouiseT,

Thank you for joining us for LUNCH at Armani.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion of our hotel and dining experience and will share your comments to my team.

I am sorry that our hotel didn't suit your personal taste in style and decor.

Thank you for sharing and wishing you the best.

Regards,

General Manager.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I went on a work trip and stayed at this hotel as a prize, so we were very well looked after. The majority of us were girls however, and were disappointed at how MACHO this hotel felt. That being said, it is very stylish, impressive, and you can't really stay somewhere more impressive than IN the world's tallest building!!

Walking down the hallways to your room it is like being in a spacecraft, the doors are panelled the same as the walls so you wouldn't even know where the doors were were it not for the numbers. The rooms are large and spacious, we were lucky to have a higher room (the hotel is split floors 2-7 and 20-30 for some odd reason) with views out over the fountains which was special, although I wouldn't pay extra for a view. You get a butler who is on call 24/7, and if someone rings the doorbell the TV screen switches to a camera of them stood outside, which is fun. The shower is incredible, the head is hidden in the ceiling so it looks like the water is falling from the sky.

If you go to one restaurant in Dubai, go to the sushi restaurant in the Armani hotel, OH MY, probably one of the best meals I have ever had.

Unimportant maybe, but the free toiletries were all very manly smelling and not very much of them, I had been hoping to bring back some awesome souvenirs for people but there wasn't really anything.

Room Tip: Not worth the money to upgrade to a view room in my opinion, it is usually so smoggy you can't s...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rastnim
Dear Rastnim,

Thank you for choosing to Stay with Armani.

I appreciate the time taken t post your review and thank you for the constructive feedback. I have shared your comments with my team and will definitely look into your observations.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Armani in the near future and until then, wish you well.

Best regards,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

It should come as no surprise that this is probably the most stylish hotel in Dubai. My suite was perfect. A good size living area with terrific desk and a bedroom and en suite to die for. The guest powder room and additional walk-in closet were nice extras too. The public areas are perfectly understated, as are the efficient and professional staff. The restaurants were superb as was the pool and Spa - a real must. Leaving was hard but the Bentley to the airport made it just that bit easier!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Spencer W, General Manager at Armani Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Chris R,

Thank you for choosing to Stay with Armani.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your stay experience and will gladly share with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and am happy to assist when the time comes.

Best Regards,

Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Not surprisingly, the Armani Hotel Dubai is very stylishly designed and decorated. The "Classic" room with separate lounge and bedroom and two bathrooms is very comfortable. The quality of the room service - at least the Italian dishes - was also clearly above average.

A pity then that the experience was significantly tarnished by the poor service on several fronts.

First of all, we were informed by e-mail just days prior to our planned arrival that the hotel would not be able to apply for a Dubai entry visa on our behalf. Having submitted the visa application materials to the hotel several weeks earlier this was something of an unpleasant surprise. It took several e-mails and a few phone calls from the middle of the Serengeti (we were then on safari) to resolve the issue. Essentially, the hotel's visa application staff had completely misread the dates of our hotel booking and flight itinerary. No apology was offered for the hotel's error and we were charged US$150 for the privilege of such service. It's unclear how the Park Hyatt Dubai can charge only around half that amount for a much more competent visa processing service...

If that were the only service lapse, we might have overlooked it as a rather large "blip". But unfortunately, it was reinforced by at least two other instances. After arriving at the hotel well after midnight (exhausted from a full day of flying the previous day) we wanted to get to our room as quickly as possible. Sadly the check-in process took around 20 minutes and was explained away with a woeful comment from the front desk: "We're understaffed after midnight". The entire service attitude was also slightly frosty and mechanical. Not at all what we had expected. The final incident that marred our stay would again perhaps have been relatively minor in normal circumstances, but annoying hotel construction noise (drilling) woke us at around 8am when we desperately needed sleep. We were obviously deeply disappointed that a 5-star hotel could allow such easily-preventable disruptions.

After this trio of poor service experiences, we will be sure to stay with the Park Hyatt in Dubai next time rather than the Armani Hotel. Moreover, while we hope that the Armani Hotel in Milan offers better service, we will nevertheless be cancelling our reservation there for later this year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Justin267,

Thank you for choosing to Stay with Armani and for sharing your comments.

At the outset, we wish to extend sincere apologies for the shortcomings which you experienced during your recent ‘Stay'.
We do appreciate the time you have taken to articulate the concerns and issues which you faced, as this allows us to delve deeper into the areas and address them with those concerned in an effort to prevent any repeat.

The issues which you experienced have resulted in an underwhelming experience for you both, and understandably we can appreciate your fledging confidence in our service standards. Please rest assured this is not a reflection of the level of service we pride ourselves in being able to deliver.

I have informed our team in Milan, of your experience and made sure that they take extra care with the goal of restoring faith in the Armani Hotel Brand.

Please feel free to contact myself directly at swadama@armanihotels.com to further discuss and if you should need assistance with your plans in Milan. I will as well reach out to you directly.

Best regards,