“Not bad” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #266 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Gandhidham, India
“Not bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Had booked this hotel after careful research on this website as well as others. For the price i was willing to pay this seemed to be the better option. Pickup and drop at the airport was provided
by the hotel. We arrived earlier than the scheduled checkin time of 14:00, and within an hour we were provided with our rooms at no extra cost. Breakfast is complimentary as adequate. If you have any special requests you can ask a day before in the restaurant for breakfast next day.
Rooms are decent sized, clean and comfortable. Bathroom is a little small.
As mentioned earlier in other reviews, there is a lot of construction going on around the place, but we were lucky for the week we stayed,no work was going on.
The location is excellent, hardly 50 mtrs from Burjuman Metro station and pretty much 10-15 mins drive to the major malls in the area.
There are 2 more hotels in the area named london crown, so it is easy to get confused. same goes for the taxi drivers too. Best way to remember is close to the metro station and near holiday inn hotel.
I had only a small issue with bed bugs which made it impossible to sleep for the last 2 days, same was informed to the reception and rectified. Other than that it was a comfortable stay.
All the staff are good, especially the restaurant boys. swimming pool and gym are located in a sister concern and is available for the visitors. Free wifi is available in the lobby.
Worth staying again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel above 2nd floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Shehwaz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dearborn, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I was searching for a hotel for my 5 day stay in Dubai. Dubai is expensive and London Crown Hotel had and I am sure still has decent prices for their rooms, but READ THIS FIRST.

One thing you should know is Dubai is a small BUSY BUSY city with lots of traffic. On the map, this hotel is not far from Downtown Dubai which is the place you will want to visit the most (Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, Bahara Souk), but you will have to take a taxi and most likely you will be stuck in traffic during the hours normal people want to explore the city/country. You will not be able to walk from this hotel to any decent place like a Mall. You can walk to a Metro Station, but its a 10 minute walk. Another thing to keep in mind, in DUBAI no one walks except for the foreigner workers which migrated from India/Bangladish/Phillipines.

Now my experience and this is an honest review:
The hotel as soon as you walk in smells like curry. You will think you are in India/Bangladish/SirLanka. I am not racist, but this is the truth. 98% of their customers who stay and sleep in this hotel are Indians/Bangladish/SirLanka. The staff team is very poor and most of the time you won't find anyone at the front desk. The rooms are not well maintained neither.
When I checked in, I was told the key won't be available for another 4 to 6 hours. I had to stay in a room without a key. I was tired, so I just went to my room. When I walked in it was 60 degrees F or 15 degrees C. Their heating furnace wasn't working as well as their water heater.
I complained to the front desk and was simply told the maintenance team is on vacation the entire day. I asked one of the customers on the elevator if their room was cold and they told me "Yes, very cold."
I opened the shade to let some hot air in and BAM.....2 big buildings being built right outside next to this hotel. Noisy, so if you are going to stay here, get some ear plugs, extra blankets if you are going in the Winter and get ready to smell like Curry.
I asked to leave the hotel without paying for the room after 50 minutes of me being there. I was told that I must pay for the 5 days. They had my passport because my balance wasn't paid off. But I simply asked for my passport or I was going to contact the police. I was given my passport and was charged for 1 day only.
I contacted Booking.com and explained my experience. Booking.com called the hotel and were told that I was being charged for 1 day for NO-SHOW. I ended up leaving and gotten a room at the Radison Blue.
I am filing a dispute with my credit card now to get the money London Crown charged me. I took pictures of the construction and the thermostat.
Trust me, London Crown prices are decent or cheap for a reason......I wouldn't even call it a 2 star hotel. Lots of construction around this hotel, smelly and poor service. Its also not close to the main attraction sites.
Do yourself and your family a favor and stay away.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Walid A

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed here in December 2012 based on the location and budget. Nice small hotel whose main good point is the location where it is situated. Rooms are little small than a very good hotel. Staff was nice and friendly.

We took a taxi from airport and at first taxi driver took us to different hotel which was London Crown Apartments. I think there are 4 hotels starting with London Crown and all in nearby area. Dubai metro is also a good mode of transport and since the hotel was 1-2 mins away from the metro station, it was a added benefit for less travelling.

Being in dubai if you don't fancy a full hi-fi and posh hotel with various facilities and wanted to go for a very normal stay then you can consider this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed there for 6 nites in September 2012 (sorry for belated review). The staffs were not really friendly but the place is clean & near to some shopping areas, including the dubai metro station. The water in the bathroom is still hot even at nite....

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank DIAN A
mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

We stayed in the hotel from 19th April to 26th Apri 2013 .We were a family of 3 . We had a very good experience in the hotel, it was very neat and clean, the bathrooms were also very decent.The location of the hotel is also very good, very close to burjuman metro, just 1 minute walk. The breakfast was very good. Would like to stay again in this hotel

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank sanjeev65
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

Arrived at this hotel at 1am by taxi. Was easy to find as previous trip advisor reviews had said it was near the burjuman metro station and this was easy for the taxi driver to find. There is a few London crown Hotels in dubai so mentioning the Burjuman metro helped. We checked in more or less within a few minutes of arriving. I had not exchanged enough dirhams and the manager was pleasant saying it was no problem and I could pay him as soon as I had exchanged my money in the morning. Was given a room on the 2nd floor. Very clean and tidy room with a spacious enough bathroom. No problems at all despite some of the reviews I have read. Breakfast was fabulous. My wife specifically asked for an omelette (<-- is that the right spelling) and it was made for her upon request. Wide range of foods for breaky and set us up well for the day. The metro station is a stone throws distance away from hotel so we never needed a taxi. There was also a mini market and money exchange place across the road this was fantastic as we needed a few bits and bobs and these were easy to pick up from the store. The Burjuman mall is also a 2 min walk from the hotel. The mall has a food court and plenty of shops. Overall the hotel was absolutely fantastic and we got fantastic value for money.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Shabz R
Muscat, Oman
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

* The AC makes weird noise if u adjust temp to below 23.
* power sockets do not work
* complementary water only at check-in
* they don't initiate room service
* and the List goes on

if they think this is a three star value hotel then they are mistaken go and check IBIS with a 2 stars and may better than this.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business