“hotel with highway view”

Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai
Ranked #40 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 2 May 2011

My wife and I booked this hotel to spend a holiday in Dubai. Little did we know that this hotel is in nowhereland next to the busiest highway in the Emirates.
The view is either the higheay or a bus junkyard.
a hotel bus brings you to a appartement complex , where hotel guests may use the beach. The owners who live there , insulted us , they did not want us at their pool and told us the hotel has no right to send guests to their facility.
After this incident , we did not feel at ease at the beach.
Ibn Badutta Gate Hotel is not a hotel for holiday makers , it is a business hotel at best. Do not get taken in by the cheap offer, book a hotel at the beach, closer to malls and entertainment

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
JKai, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2011

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for writing a review about Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel on Tripadvisor.

It is very unfortunate to see that you have not been fully satisfied with the hotel during your stay with us here at the gate. I can see from your comments that you were in particular unhappy about the view from your room, kindly note that we do have rooms and suites which have a pleasant view of Ibn Battuta Mall ‘s exquisite architectural exterior and some of Dubai’s latest skylines. Please make sure next time to alert the reception of your dissatisfaction with the view so we can take the necessary actions as per your liking.

Please accept my sincere apologies with regards to the incident that has happened to you at our Oceana Beach Club. I can assure you that the beach club management have been notified of this issue and will make sure that such incidents will not happen in the future. The Oceana Beach Club has been one of our unique selling points since the opening of the hotel and our guests have been enjoying this exceptional benefit with full satisfaction.

To comment on the last paragraph of your review, I have to inform you that since we have opened the hotel back in October 2010 the majority of our guest’s profile have been leisure guests who have enjoyed our proximity to Ibn Battuta Shopping Mall for shopping , Oceana Beach club access to enjoy a day at leisure with their families and our convenient location to some of Dubai’s latest hot spots including Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Beach Residences and many more.

I do hope that you give us a second chance to welcome you again to Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel.

Philippe Bonnot

Reviewed 24 April 2011

Cannot, fault this hotel on anything. From having your Breakfast in the morning, there was everything you could want - to having a drink at night at the bar the staff couldn’t do enough for you. I loved at the pool when the staff would come around and give you a cold face-cloth to cool down. They think of everything.
If you’re looking for somewhere quick and cheap to eat out, there is a big Mall across the road from the hotel, which had many food outlets and for the woman all the shops a woman could want. The tube was only 5 minute walk away, which was great as we wanted to go and see all the sights of Dubai and we did it all via the tube. I timed from our stop at the hotel IBN to the Marina it was about 6 minutes away on the tube or you could get a taxi cost about€3. Also, it is about 10 minutes in a taxi to the Hotels on the beach, Burj Al Arab, lovely restaurants and small market there. Also, The Mall of the Emirates is about 25 minutes on the tube, if you like your shopping you will have to go here and to see the Ski slope inside the Mall it was amazing. We also went to see the tallest building and the Water-show this is a must see it’s on every half hour and lasts about 3 minutes lovely restaurants and shops there!! I also timed the stop for the Gold souk and the Creek was about 40 minutes on the tube. Another definite to see is the Atlantis on the Palm this is an OMG Hotel we went for dinner there on our last night and got a taxi was about 15 minutes in a cab. The taxis are very cheap. So everywhere I went in Dubai I couldn’t help myself saying OMG a lot. It’s a fabulous place to go!!
So all in all the Hotel is a fabulous Hotel with great staff, friendly and helpful and everything you want is

Room Tip: Five mins fro the tube which is a great advantage.
1  Thank Irisheyes11_11
JKai, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2011

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel and for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at the gate.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our hotel's services and facilities, it is specially great to hear that you found the location of the hotel to be situated nearby major attractions in the city.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 April 2011

Stayed here for a few days and had a very enjoyable holiday. The hotel itself looks fantastic and for the price paid was a good choice for a non beach hotel given that they have a free shuttle bus to the Oceana beach club on Palm Jumeirah, which is only a few minutes away and has a beautiful large infinity pool and a good beach with lovely views back to the Dubai marina skyline and the beautiful houses on the palm. There is also a nice looking steak restaurant there and a pool bar etc which had lovely pizza and burgers etc.

The hotel lobby is stunning and has lots of lovely looking restaurants which we did not have time to try. The pool on the eighth floor is very very nice and we had lovely salads there at lunchtime. The staff here were helpful without being too intrusive.

The decor around the hotel is beautiful with each floor having a different theme. Our bedroom was nice - the basic type with a slightly unusual layout ( bath/ toilet/sink and shower and sink in seperate rooms) this usually meant that the toiletries I needed were in the other room when I needed them! Also only soap provided in the shower room and none in the toilet! So no soap if you want a bath. Lovely smelling body lotion (not individual ones) but really weird smelling conditioner.
The beds were were large and comfy. Not very much hanging space - only half width wardrobe - maybe more room in the more expensive rooms? Quite noisy air conditioning.

The location of the hotel is probably not the best for say a first time visitor to Dubai but as we have been a few times we were not that bothered about being about the furthest hotel building etc from the airport . We decided to try the metro which was good. Easy access from the airport arrivals and took 50 minutes to get the the hotel. (numerous stops on route but only a couple of pounds even in the the Gold class at the front of the train). Just a few minutes walk to the hotel from the Ibn Battuta metro station. Huge themed mall just across the road is very handy for the shops, supermarket and restaurants and food court so all budgets can be catered for.

The only reason I would not yet rate this hotel 5 out of 5 would have been the view from our bedroom (not the best but not the hotels fault) and many many little service issues which we have never experienced in a Dubai hotel before. I actually thought we must have been invisible standing at the concierge desk. A good few people getting service first who were standing in line behind us!
I did not think the room had been vacuumed before we first entered and the two days after. I am sure the other little niggles will sort themselves out once the hotel is more established and would not stop us returning to the hotel.
o

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review about Ibn Battuta Gate hotel on trip advisor.

It is my pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the hotel and our facilities were according to your needs and requirements.

I have noted your comment on the 2 separate toilet and shower layout that we offer in some of our guest rooms at the hotel, most of our guest love this set up and find it very convenient. Please let the reservations team know upon making your booking of your preferences so they can advise you of the best option for you. We do have rooms with different bathroom layout which will suite you better.

I have notified the concerned departments with regards to your feedback on the service issues that you have mentioned in your review and they will be looking into this matter to improve where needed. I can assure you that all of our guests are important to us and we wish to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays at the gate.

With regards to the view from your room, please note that we do have rooms which offer a pleasant view of Ibn Battuta Mall’s exquisite exterior and some of Dubai’s latest skylines. Kindly make sure to notify the reception of your preference next time you stay with us so they can allocate a room for you with a different view.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel.

Philippe Bonnot

Reviewed 22 April 2011

10 night stay during April 2011.
The level of service and the fixtures and fittings in this hotel make it a 5 star property.
I made reservations direct with Ann at the hotel and every request was met and surpassed.
The hotel lobby and ground floor is stunning and spotless. The rooms are large and well appointed. We had a deluxe room (1015).
The pool area again is beautiful and the poolside service is exeptional.
The Oceana beach club is well designed safe with a great beach and large freeform pool.
Breakfast is top notch and we also ate in the Chineese in the hotel which again was superb.

all in all a fantastic hotel well done to all involved!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback via TripAdvisor, following your last stay with us at Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel.

I am delighted to learn that you absolutely enjoyed everything that we provide for our guest within the hotel. Your feedback will certainly play as a motivation for our team to continue providing all our guests, with the best of service and products.

Once again, thank you for your comments. I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel.

Reviewed 15 April 2011

We stayed here on route from South Africa back to the UK, and what a fab hotel this is! so it's not on the beach and to be honest this is the first time I have stayed in a hotel that isn't on the beach in Dubai, and I didn't find it a problem as I thought it might have done.
We had a suite which was huge, it had all the mod cons you would expect a 5 star hotel to have! I also visisted the standard rooms which were also fab, with a very good finish! The pool area was fantastic, and the staff looked after us really well!
The hotel has a courtesy transfer bus to a their beach club which is located on the Palm, about a 10-15 minute journey! The beach club was fab with beautiful infinity pool looking back towards the marina/Jum Beach skyline.
The food and beverage is well priced too, as it can sometimes be pricey to eat and drink in Dubai however this hotel has various offers on everynight!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
JKai, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking valuable time to post a review on trip advisor about Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed all aspects of the hotel during your stay, even though you are a regular guest of the beach properties in Dubai. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed our rooms and a variety of dining offers we have at our different restaurants.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to creating many more memorable experiences in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2011

We have two young boys and had a great time at the hotel. There is a fantastic choice of restaurants and the food is very good. The rooms are large and because the hotel is brand new (opened in September 2010) everything is in very good condition and top of the range. The staff are very friendly and very good with children. The beach facilities are a short bus ride away and include a lazy river to wind your way along and a selection of swimming pools, including a nice covered one for young children. We didn't want to come home and are planning our next trip now!

Room Tip: It's two minutes walk to the Ibn Battuta Mall
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us. Moreover, I am delighted to read that our products and services have been up to your satisfaction particularly children activities and that you have enjoyed in particular our Oceana beach club.

It is wonderful news to hear that you are already planning your next trip with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2011

Everything about this hotel is wonderful. From the service at the reception desk to the person who cleaned my room.... was perfection. I really loved the artwork on the walls of my room. I even took a photo of one print ! The location next to the shopping center of the same name was very convenient. The buffet breakfast was included in the room price and I can honestly say that it was the most lovely looking and delicious food I have had the pleasure to enjoy at any hotel that I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read that all of our facilities and services have been up to your satisfaction. Our team will be thrilled to know that their hard works are much appreciated.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you again to Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel.