“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #37 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
oxfordshire
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 11 June 2011

This new opened hotel was excellent in almost every way.
The staff, the rooms and the food were all of a very high standard.
The only fault it has, is the view from the windows, over building sites.
It is quite a long way out of the city, and so is not for you, if you want to be at the heart of the action.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
JKai, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 12 June 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that our high standards of service and our room and food and beverage facilities have been according to your needs and requirements.

To comment on your feedback on the location, I have to inform you that many of our guests have found the location very convenient located adjacent to Ibn Battuta Mall and walking distance from the metro link which can take you all over the city. Also the hotel is located near some of the Dubai‘s latest hot spots including Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Beach Residences and Palm Jumeirah.
I can see from your comments that you were in particular unhappy about the view from your room, kindly note that we do have rooms and suites which have a pleasant view of Ibn Battuta Mall ‘s exquisite architectural exterior and some of Dubai’s latest skylines. Please make sure next time to alert the reception of your dissatisfaction with the view so we can take the necessary actions as per your liking.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay at Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel.
Philippe Bonnot

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (770)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
sheffield
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Stayed here for six nights whilst my husband was on business . The hotel the staff the food what can I say . It was amazing top class . We were woke on the first night by someone trying to get in our room ib the early hours then the bell boy then the phone This was an erroron reception by not checking
us in properly but the hotel rectified it the next day by upgrading us to the executive lounge which was excellent free breakfast free afternoon tea and happy hour . All in all this hotel is fantastic snd every woman's dream a massive shopping mall across the road . I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay there again . Wonderful and a special thanks to the lifeguards by the pool who looked after me .

• Stayed May 2011
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize for the incident that has occurred during your first night at the hotel and I am pleased to hear that my colleagues at the reception have managed to gain your satisfaction with a proper compensation the following day. I have passed on your lovely comments to our lifeguards and they appreciate your great feedback.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I'm not sure where to start on Ibn Battuta Gate hotel... there are some things which were very very nice and some things which were just dreadful.

Cons

* Location - I live in Dubai so knew where the hotel was, it is out of town in the middle of the industrial area. The hotel overlooks all of Dubai's powerstations so dont expect a great view.
* Car Parking - it took 30 mins for to valet park my car - absolute chaos with cars queuing out into the street. There was no option to park your car yourself
* Room - we were given a smoking room despite requesting non-smoking (room was also a pro - see below)
* View - if you opened the curtains, you literally faced DEWA which is the main power stations in Dubai.
* Pool - shaded, very small
* Breakfast - farce, food running out, tables not re-set, rude staff

Pros

* Decor - The hotel inside is beautiful, grand entrances, tastefully done
* Shisha bar outside (on the other side to the power stations is a very nice chill out bar)
* Rooms - Excellent bathroom, comfy bed
* Friday Brunch - although busy, excellent food and good service (dont know what happened at breakfast time - seemed like a completely different place!)
* Value - for a 5* (Dubai standards) hotel, it is very good value for money
* Mall - it is right next to one of Dubai's Malls, although Ibn Battuta Mall doesnt have the glitz or the glam of many of the others in Dubai

Overall if you want a cheap place to spend a night in Dubai, Ibn Battuta Gatel Hotel is ok... there are just so many better ones to pick from...

Room Tip: Dont arrive around midday!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sully_Caffs
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that there were some aspects of the hotel that you have found very unique and convenient and I am disappointed at the same time to read about your dissatisfactions at the hotel.

To comment on your feedback on the location, I have to inform you that many of our guests have found the location very convenient located adjacent to Ibn Battuta Mall and walking distance from the metro link which can take you all over the city. Also the hotel is located near some of the Dubai‘s latest host spots including Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Beach Residences and Palm Jumeirah. I have noted your comments on the valet parking and the service at the breakfast and kindly be aware that we are looking into increasing more team members specially during the busy weekend days to make sure we deliver our 5 star service standards.

It is to my satisfaction to read that you found the hotel décor outstanding and that we have managed to offer you a great value for money with our excellent rooms and quality of service in our restaurants as mentioned in your feedback.

I do hope that you give us a second chance so we can welcome you again to Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel.
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Having booked a last minute deal to Dubai on my own for 4 nights where I paid less per night than a UK travelodge I arrived with no expectations, I was pleasantly surprised, slightly tacky looking exterior in not the most salubrious area of Dubai out near Jebel Ali but the Metro stop is 5 minutes walk so you're never far from anything, shuttle to beach club only goes a couple of times day, very man made beach but nice big pool, staff there surly though so decided to try hotel pool, fabulous staff quiet with excellent service, no screaming kids just peace and quiet on the 8th floor. Standard Rooms are good size, lovely bathrooms and all the amenities, outdoor bar on the terrace was only let down as a lone female often difficult to get service despite everything except arm waving to attract attention, all in all for forty pounds a nice awesome value but if you want central with pretty views don't bother.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank SGR36WELSH
Dear Guest,

It is great to hear that you have found the hotel’s location and its proximity to the metro link to your liking and that our room facilities and service have met your expectations.

I do apologies for the poor attention that you have received at our lounge and assure you that necessary actions have been taken to make sure all is in order upon your next visit. I can see from your feedback that you do not think that the hotel has a great location close to central attractions of the city; I would like to notify you that the hotel is located very near to some of Dubai’s latest hot spots including Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Beach Residences and Palm Jumeirah. Also I would like to inform you that during the summer months we offer complimentary transport to Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates.

Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2011

the location was very good, it was near IBN BATUTA mall, and JUMEIRA beach, the rooms were very cozy and clean, every place in rooms and lobby was traditionally decorated, the breakfast was excellent, but the price of internet was a bit high.generally i like the decoration and service of this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay at the gate and were satisfied with our location and proximity to Ibn Battuta Mall and have found our rooms and facilities conformable and matching your needs and requirements.

To comment on your feedback on the charges for the internet, please let me assure you that our prices are in line with other 5 star hotels in Dubai and that we offer complementary internet service in all our suites.

Iran
Reviewed 20 May 2011

I have visited this hotel with group of six of my familly , good location for buying from Ibn battuta Mall, 10 minutes away from beach ,10 minutes walking to the metro station, excellent buffet breakfast , fantastic decoration, friendly staff are a just some of the advantages of staying in this hotel, also thanks to the friendly receptionins to allow us to have late check out .just such a hotel need massage and spa center that will launch soon, I hope the management team will implement discount offer in low season for those guest that have already visited this hotel before like other 5 star hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am truly delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with your family at Ibn Battuta Gate hotel. I am particularly pleased to hear that you were happy with the location of the hotel and the friendliness of my colleagues at the reception.

Please note that our spa is under construction and we are doing our best to have this facility ready for your next visit. Let me assure you that we have great offers available for the summer months and our regular guests will be generously rewarded.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel in the near future.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 18 May 2011

When on business, one rarely gives a thought on the splendour of the hotel so long as it offers functional comfort. Ibn Battuta Gate however makes you sit up and note its imposing splendour in addition to offering functionality for business travellers. The hotel is impressive - you get the feeling as soon as you approach the portico - you get more awed as you enter the lobby. The staff i helpful but a bit slow. Managed by Movenpick, the hotel is worth staying at least once. Dubai i known for great hotels but this one deserves special mention and leaves a lasting impression. The buffet spread wa lavih and service in the retaurant was good. The rooms are spacious and comfortable but complimentary internet is conspiciously absent. All in all, the hotel is luxurious and worth staying at least once.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for writing a review about Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed all services that the hotel provides to business travelers and that even though on a business trip the hotel has managed to satisfy your leisure needs with a great service in our restaurants and splendid design features. I have noted your comment on the complementary internet and I have to inform you that we do offer this service in all our suites. The fact that we charge for the internet usage in some of the room categories that we have is a common practice in Dubai and all around the world. But your feedback had been noted and we hope to have a solution for this need upon your next visit. Your comment on the speed of our service staff has been communicated to the concerned department and necessary actions have been taken.