We stayed for 6 nights in June on all inclusive basis. We arrived early in the morning from an over night flight, the receptionist advised we could have our room immediately which was great.
The best bits about this hotel:
1. The indian restaurant - the service, ambiance and food was all amazing, by far the best restaurant at the hotel - the local speciality set meal is a must!
2. There is a shuttle bus to the beach club which is fantastic (all inclussive can be used here too for drinks, snacks and lunch) beautiful pool with lazy river, lots of sun loungers and beautiful private beach with a spectacular view of dubai sky line.
3. Local metro station 5 min walk from the hotel really handy to see more of Dubai, very clean, trains every few minutes and all announcements in English too which is helpful.
The only complaints i have with the hotel - (which still wouldn't stop me going back as we plan to soon) Are the service in the Italian restaurant - we were in there almost 3 hours due to slow service. Also the internet you would expect a hotel of this standard to have free wifi, i was given a password to use for free wifi but then was given a bill for it on the last day which i disputed.
The location of the hotel wasn't pretty - a big motorway along side the hotel, a metro station and shopping mall over the road with a large food court.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai features a statuesque gateway that is larger than the ‘Arc de Triomphe’ in Paris. The 396-room hotel is located next to Ibn Battuta Mall and Cineplex at the very heart of ‘New Dubai’. Inspired by the travels of the 14th century Arabian explorer, Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel’s Grand Hall features 88 enormous eastern-style lanterns and it is also the ‘gateway’ to the hotel’s equally iconic six restaurants. The Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel offers a true ‘design and taste journey’ that spans the Near East, Far East, Middle East and Arab-African radius our namesake travelled through in his epic 30-year journey. The hotel has 6 restaurants including a Chinese, Indian and Italian. There is a nightclub and supper club on the property discretely positioned. Our sister property, Oceana Beach Club, is located on the Palm Jumeirah with swimming pools, a lazy river and private beach. We offer complimentary shuttles to and from the Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.