“Somehow distant off the Dubai dowtown waits for you classy surprise.”

Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai
Ranked #38 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We were travelling there December 2010/January 2011 and as many others we had the same very idea to spend Xmass and NYEve without being frozen in our country. As the result to choose what was left due to overbooking at oher Dubai hotels. And you know - we found it happy coincidence as the option we chose IBN BATTUTA GATE Hotel was just perfect shot! It was then newly opened hotel with everybody at your service trying to prove that distant location is meaningless with such a quality service they deliver. Amazing. Actually everyone knows what style and luxury means in Emirates and this place defends itself with the competition with such a class and elegance with no useless extravaganza. Rooms are elegant and comfy in one. Beautifully designed bathrooms and basicaly all the interiors. Main hall designed as the restaurant alley takes breath away with sky rocketing stained glass window walls up to the high roof. Add to this classy open sky swiming pool and you dont wanna leave this place. They got Oceana Beach Club at Jumeirah Palm reachable by the bus leaving hotel at specified hours throughout a day. Finally location wasnt an obstacle even when coming back early morning after New Years Eve Party at Jumeirah Palm Atlantis.

Room Tip: Consider club room as an option as you can endulge at club level amazing afternoon tea and state of...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaciejTPL
Chris E, Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.
We are pleased to know that you still remember your stay with us after 2 years and are glad to read how you found Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta gate Dubai the perfect place to spend your Christmas.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

The staff at this hotel were lovely but my two night business stay has been somewhat ruined by a poor experience eating at one of their restaurants. Having been working to late I checked the closing time of the various restaurants and decided I would eat in the'Mistral' which it was claimed offered 'a Moroccan themed... Sumptuous buffet' and was open until 11.30. Fine I thought an hour is plenty of time to have a leisurely buffet.

When I got to the Resturant at 10.30 I was warned that the Resturant was closing soon 'yes' I said in an hour that will be fine. 'No in thirty minutes' came the reply. Although I pointed out that in the room it said 11.30 they were not to be moved, it being too late to go elsewhere I decided to put up with it and just bolt my dinner down in half an hour.

So in I went and was directed to a tiny table hard up against a wall, I declined and asked for one of the many reasonably sized tables that were available and eventually I was seated. A wine list was brought Which was limited for an establishment that claimed 5 stars but did contain a reasonable selection.I order a bottle of Petit Chablis and, time being short went to look for the starters, there were some unappetising looking salads but no starters. I enquiries and was met with bemusement from the staff, so I just cut some bread and had bread and butter.

The choice of food was limited and featured such Moroccan classics as shepherd's pie, pasta with tomato sauce, moussaka and sprig roles. Generally the quality was poor.

Then the wine arrived 'sorry sir we don't have any of the wine you selected but we have this one which is very good' I looked at the liable it was a Chablis 'can I look at the wine list' I asked and sure enough it was a third as much again as the bottle I order. 'Are you going to sell it too me for the same price as the bottle I order?' I asked and it disappeared quickly. I said I would just have water and then a petit Chablis, as ordered was found.

Now I may be doing honest staff a disservice but this is an old resturant trick of course to sell you a much more profitable bottle of wine than the one you wanted, even if it was a genuine error to try and sell me a much more expensive bottle without telling me the price, but genuine mistake or scam it leaves a nasty taste.

I will stay at this hotel again but I won't eat in their restaurants.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about Mövenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai. I am glad to hear that our staff gave you a good impression but I am sorry to read your feedback on your culinary experience and the unacceptable behavior of the restaurant‘s team. Kindly note that we are continuously undertaking a number of service trainings with our team members, in order to ensure all our guests are offered the utmost level of service during their stay.
Let me assure you that it is one of our main duties’ at the hotel to consider your comments and make sure that our guests are given special attention during their stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel.

Reviewed 15 December 2012 via mobile

My family and I had the opportunity to stay in this marvellous hotel and enjoy some of the best service in Dubai. Very. Nice people, available but not annoyingly. Friday's brunch was truly a great culinairy adventure with cooking stations presenting an excellent mix of kitchens and flavors.
It will be a great pleasure having Christmas brunch over there.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We are glad to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us at Mövenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai and were pleased with the facilities and service.
Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

My Husband and i traveled extensively around the world but have never before experience such superb customer service as did your hotel during our stay.in particular we were absolutely delighted your Duty Manger Naji Haidar .He went out of his way to make us feel compfortable as a result of our early motning flight and without even breaking his smile for even a second ,naji arranged an immediate early check in gor us .and while this had us thinking that there is no way to top such exceptional service we were state of true disbelief when naji offered us a free upgrade to your executuve room due to the fact that wew were first time guest at your hotel .we were privileged to be check out with naji in the same cheerfully efficient manner that we experienced at check in its been a few days and we aew back in south africa but we can wipe the smile off our faces
Naji is truly an assest tou your superb hotel and it is because of service excellence like this that awe are not prepared to stay anywhere else in future

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your overwhelming review. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay with us at Mövenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai.
I have shared your feedback with Naji and the relevant departments, whom were thrilled to know that they have made your experience a memorable one.
We will be more than happy to assist you in planning your next trip and delighted in welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

I stayed here from Nov. 29-Dec. 1 en route to Bangkok. I took the Dubai Metro there from the airport, which was rather longish (about an hour), but quite relaxing for the 8.50 AED fare. Got to see quite a bit of the city on the red line!

Check in was a bit convoluted but eventually I received my room. It was lovely (for having booked on Priceline)! King bed, super cool bathroom - which had a tub that could overlook the TV for relaxing after those long days of shopping!

The hotel itself is about a stone's throw from the Ibn Battuta Mall, which I thought was a really great spot for shopping and included most major stores without having to go downtown. There's a Geant grocery store there which was nice for bringing some snacks back to the hotel. Apparently you can do the all-inclusive scene or breakfast, but I didn't opt for either of those (though the restaurants looked really good!!). The only meal I ate was the Mediterranean buffet at the main restaurant for supper one evening, and there was quite an array of dishes. The room was nicely made up every day, bed was comfortable and the bathtub, as mentioned previously, was great!! Wish I could have tried out the pool, but the weather was uncharacteristically overcast/rainy.

The location of the hotel, as also mentioned, wasn't amaaaazing (bordering on that industrial area), but perfect for my purposes. The hotel itself was lovely and close to the metro, which was important for me since I was only in town for a few days and it allowed me to get around easily to the main malls and airport. Overall, a nice stay for the area and duration!

Room Tip: I was in 432, which was nice. Neither here nor there! No balcony. Overlooked the industrial area...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Mövenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai with Trip Advisor readers. I am happy to read that the hotel location was convenient for you and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will get a chance to try our restaurants and pass by the pool during your next visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Just back from a short visit to Dubai on business. 1st time i have stayed at this hotel. The hotel is very nice and in good condition but the thing that makes it is the staff bend over backwards to help you. They made my stay just so relaxed. The only down side if your there on holiday is that the beach is not at the hotel but a mini bus trip away. The hotel is ideal for anyone who needs to go to the free zone.

Room Tip: the room i had was fantastic and i did not ask for anything. One thing might be as to the view you w...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your overwhelming review. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us at Mövenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai. We are glad to hear that our staff were up to your expectations and made your stay comfortable. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel sits next to the Ibn Battuta Mall complex and away from the hustle and bustle that can be Dubai. Access to the hotel is easy; it's close to the main highway and the Metro - so there's no waiting in traffic queues. Using the bus or Metro gives visitors the freedom to see Dubai.

The hotel itself is large, spacious, very comfortable and full of amenities to suit every type of traveller. There is a range of fine dining and casual dining options from the Moroc Bar to the Mistral all-day restaurant, not forgetting Shangai-Chic, Sicilia and Chor Bazaar for excellent flavours. Each food outlet has a "special" night with great offers.

Unwind in the pool and spa area - it's very relaxing, with a fully equipped gym. Don't forget to visit Yanni Salon for the ultimate in pampering - manicure, pedicure, hair, etc.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind review on Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai; we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.
It is very satisfying to know that you admire the experience you had at the hotel and our level of tidiness and dining options matched your taste buds and travel requirements. To be recognized as a hotel which offers its guest the best value for their money, is an accomplishment that we take pride in.
We look forward to welcoming you again to Dubai and Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel.