Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai
Ranked #35 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We stayed at the hotel on an all inclusive basis for 1 week in late November / early December. All we can say is superb. Good food, very comfortable and well appointed rooms, excellent facilities throughout the hotel and the beach club was lovely with a fabulous view across to the Marina. Without a doubt the service was amongst the best we have come across anywhere, all the staff we came across were wonderful with an especial mention for the concierge. We found them all to be professional, efficient and friendly. Although the hotel is a little on the outskirts we did not find it a problem with taxis being plentiful and quite cheap plus the excellent metro. We would certainly recomend the hotel and would happpily return for another stay. Thank you to all the staff at the hotel for making our holiday one to remember.

Room Tip: We were advised to get one overlooking the mal but either direction would be fine. Higher up is pro...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beauf0rt
Chris E, Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your overwhelming review about Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We are glad to hear as well that you were able to experience our restaurants and the renowned hospitality that our colleagues are known for.

We have shared your feedback to the relevant departments who were thrilled to know that they have made your experience a memorable one.

There are newer reviews for Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai

Reviewed 21 December 2012

I had a great trip with my wife and son at Ibn Batuta Hotel. The kids club they have and baby sitting offerings were extremely helpful.

The only main challenge we had was with the buffet breakfast, because it seemed utterly unorganized and you had to get your own coffee and juice instead of being served at the table.

Simming pool was actually great, but one day it was not warmed enough.

I think this hotel has all the right ingredients and is very luxurious, but they will need the proper staff or trained staff to keep the standard they have aimed for.

Room Tip: Ibn batuta mall side would be best but all rooms are decent.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mabdoh

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback following your recent stay at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai.
I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel with your family and I am happy to know that you found our Camel kids Club and babysitting services helpful.
Your comments about the buffet breakfast and the swimming pool temperature have been well received and corrective actions are being undertaken by the concerned departments.
I was very pleased to read that you will return to the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Coming back yesterday, I want to tell you something about my stay at Battuta- Gate Hotel.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Every day I was asked if I´m contented and if I need something special. The breakfast buffet was excellent and there was a wide choice of food. My room was well furnished and absolutly clean. I had a room with view of Battuta Mall. One day it was raining, I watched the people and the traffic like sitting in a cinema. Very interesting.
There is also a nice pool at the 8th floor which is protected from the wind.
It was realy a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BMR316

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review on Trip Advisor. We are truly delighted to know that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai and are glad to hear that all of our staff went out of their way to ensure you had a pleasant stay. Looking forward to welcoming you back at the hotel soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

We were travelling there December 2010/January 2011 and as many others we had the same very idea to spend Xmass and NYEve without being frozen in our country. As the result to choose what was left due to overbooking at oher Dubai hotels. And you know - we found it happy coincidence as the option we chose IBN BATTUTA GATE Hotel was just perfect shot! It was then newly opened hotel with everybody at your service trying to prove that distant location is meaningless with such a quality service they deliver. Amazing. Actually everyone knows what style and luxury means in Emirates and this place defends itself with the competition with such a class and elegance with no useless extravaganza. Rooms are elegant and comfy in one. Beautifully designed bathrooms and basicaly all the interiors. Main hall designed as the restaurant alley takes breath away with sky rocketing stained glass window walls up to the high roof. Add to this classy open sky swiming pool and you dont wanna leave this place. They got Oceana Beach Club at Jumeirah Palm reachable by the bus leaving hotel at specified hours throughout a day. Finally location wasnt an obstacle even when coming back early morning after New Years Eve Party at Jumeirah Palm Atlantis.

Room Tip: Consider club room as an option as you can endulge at club level amazing afternoon tea and state of...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaciejTPL

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.
We are pleased to know that you still remember your stay with us after 2 years and are glad to read how you found Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta gate Dubai the perfect place to spend your Christmas.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

The staff at this hotel were lovely but my two night business stay has been somewhat ruined by a poor experience eating at one of their restaurants. Having been working to late I checked the closing time of the various restaurants and decided I would eat in the'Mistral' which it was claimed offered 'a Moroccan themed... Sumptuous buffet' and was open until 11.30. Fine I thought an hour is plenty of time to have a leisurely buffet.

When I got to the Resturant at 10.30 I was warned that the Resturant was closing soon 'yes' I said in an hour that will be fine. 'No in thirty minutes' came the reply. Although I pointed out that in the room it said 11.30 they were not to be moved, it being too late to go elsewhere I decided to put up with it and just bolt my dinner down in half an hour.

So in I went and was directed to a tiny table hard up against a wall, I declined and asked for one of the many reasonably sized tables that were available and eventually I was seated. A wine list was brought Which was limited for an establishment that claimed 5 stars but did contain a reasonable selection.I order a bottle of Petit Chablis and, time being short went to look for the starters, there were some unappetising looking salads but no starters. I enquiries and was met with bemusement from the staff, so I just cut some bread and had bread and butter.

The choice of food was limited and featured such Moroccan classics as shepherd's pie, pasta with tomato sauce, moussaka and sprig roles. Generally the quality was poor.

Then the wine arrived 'sorry sir we don't have any of the wine you selected but we have this one which is very good' I looked at the liable it was a Chablis 'can I look at the wine list' I asked and sure enough it was a third as much again as the bottle I order. 'Are you going to sell it too me for the same price as the bottle I order?' I asked and it disappeared quickly. I said I would just have water and then a petit Chablis, as ordered was found.

Now I may be doing honest staff a disservice but this is an old resturant trick of course to sell you a much more profitable bottle of wine than the one you wanted, even if it was a genuine error to try and sell me a much more expensive bottle without telling me the price, but genuine mistake or scam it leaves a nasty taste.

I will stay at this hotel again but I won't eat in their restaurants.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about Mövenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai. I am glad to hear that our staff gave you a good impression but I am sorry to read your feedback on your culinary experience and the unacceptable behavior of the restaurant‘s team. Kindly note that we are continuously undertaking a number of service trainings with our team members, in order to ensure all our guests are offered the utmost level of service during their stay.
Let me assure you that it is one of our main duties’ at the hotel to consider your comments and make sure that our guests are given special attention during their stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel.

Reviewed 15 December 2012 via mobile

My family and I had the opportunity to stay in this marvellous hotel and enjoy some of the best service in Dubai. Very. Nice people, available but not annoyingly. Friday's brunch was truly a great culinairy adventure with cooking stations presenting an excellent mix of kitchens and flavors.
It will be a great pleasure having Christmas brunch over there.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We are glad to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us at Mövenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai and were pleased with the facilities and service.
Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

My Husband and i traveled extensively around the world but have never before experience such superb customer service as did your hotel during our stay.in particular we were absolutely delighted your Duty Manger Naji Haidar .He went out of his way to make us feel compfortable as a result of our early motning flight and without even breaking his smile for even a second ,naji arranged an immediate early check in gor us .and while this had us thinking that there is no way to top such exceptional service we were state of true disbelief when naji offered us a free upgrade to your executuve room due to the fact that wew were first time guest at your hotel .we were privileged to be check out with naji in the same cheerfully efficient manner that we experienced at check in its been a few days and we aew back in south africa but we can wipe the smile off our faces
Naji is truly an assest tou your superb hotel and it is because of service excellence like this that awe are not prepared to stay anywhere else in future

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your overwhelming review. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay with us at Mövenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai.
I have shared your feedback with Naji and the relevant departments, whom were thrilled to know that they have made your experience a memorable one.
We will be more than happy to assist you in planning your next trip and delighted in welcoming you back.