Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai
Atlantis, The Palm(Dubai)
US$387
US$310
  • Pool
JA Palm Tree Court(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$177
Fairmont The Palm, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$179
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
US$219
US$201
Agoda.com
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$340
US$327
US$220
Grand Hyatt Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$142
US$279
US$226
US$257
US$237
6,951 results
All reviewsoceana beachchor bazaarpower stationmoroc barshanghai chicmistral restaurantarabic coffeeall inclusive packagethe executive loungeshopping mallinfinity poolindian restaurantprivate beachhotel poolbeautiful hotelshuttle busjebel ali
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Pros
-Good value in comparison to other 5 star hotels in Dubai
-Metro close by to getting into the city - taxis are also reasonably priced
-Opposite a mall with plenty to eat and do ( shopping heaven)
-Kids club ok but my son wouldn't go!!
-Lovely breakfast
-Free shuttle bus to a beach but the early times get booked quickly

Cons
-Even though I mentioned we went there for a 40th celebration nothing was made special !!! A little disappointing for that reason.
-Further out from centre and main attractions
-Wanted to use the spa for facials but completely overpriced
-The pool only has a few sun beds in the sun which get taken very quickly the rest are in the shade not good if you want to sunbathe
-Not on a beach but I did know that beforehand
-Not a great view from the room especially if facing the power station
-there was a coffee machine in the room but we got charged normally it's complimentary so a little deceptive

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank starfromstalbans
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate with the Trip Advisor community.

I appreciate your comment regarding the fact that Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate is good value for money as our goal is to provide our guests with exceptional service and facilitates at an affordable cost. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and its proximity to the metro. It is also great to learn that you took pleasure in our breakfast buffet.
Please note that using the coffee machine in the rooms is in fact complimentary and for this reason I would like to ask you to please send us an email to social.ibnbattuta@moevenpick.com with your stay and contact details in order for our team to contact you directly. As for your comment regarding the sun loungers, we have recently purchased a number of sun loungers to accommodate our growing number of guests and provide them with nothing less than a pleasant experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed at the IBN Battuta Gate Hotel for 6 nights and 7 days and it was undoubtedly one of the best holidays I have had. The service was amazing, and the people were lovely- they couldn't do enough for you. You had your room cleaned twice a day, once in the morning and then again for the bed turn down service, where they leave a chocolate on your bed for you. The employees were always delighted to help with anything and everything and always tried their best to help you. The hotel is in a good location about 15/20 minutes from oceana beach club, which is beautiful. However It would have been nicer to be a bit closer to the beach- nevertheless it was lovely. The shuttle bus to oceana beach club is free and takes you there and back everyday, although my dad and I got a taxi most of the time due to the bus being a bit crowded and it was never guaranteed you would get on, but we didn't mind at all because the taxi's are very affordable, it was about £4/5. My dad and I had bed and breakfast, the breakfast was exceptional, they have everything you can think of- croissants, a full English breakfast, muffins, porridge, cereal, toast, omelettes, pancakes and so on. As well as the different restuarants in the hotel. There is a chinese restuarant, an indian restuarant, an italian restuarant and an international buffet. I ate in the chinese, the italian and the international buffet- I'm afraid we didn't get round to the indian but we heard from friends that it's very good! The chinese and italian are very nice! Although I didn't recognise much on the menu, the food was lovely. I think the international buffet was my favourite though, the choice is infinite and the desserts are the nicest I've had. There is chocolate fondue with fruit, pancakes, cheescake, ice cream, mousse etc. - And the price is reasonable! The whole hotel is beautiful, it's very grand and very clean. I stayed on the 10th floor which is the highest and the pool and gym are on the 8th floor. I used the gym every morning and it was very nice to be able to go whenever I liked. The pool is lovely, although you have to reserve a space early in the morning as it fills up quickly and the sun moves to the other side of the pool at around 2/3. The weather was beautiful, one day it even reached 37 degrees and at night it was mostly in the high 20's or 30 degrees. The concierge are always around to help and always have a welcoming smile. You are always addressed as sir/maam which makes you feel like royalty and the employees all speak very good English and are very nice people. The hotel is opposite the IBN Battuta Mall which is very convenient as its a small walk across the road. However be careful what you wear because you get stared at if you're wearing a small dress. From 12-9 a man named Mostafa gives out arabian coffee in the hotel lobby and I strongly advise anyone to try it as it's beautiful and very refreshing. Mostafa is a very lovely man and has good conversation and jokes and is very welcoming to customers. My dad and I saw him most days and had a few cups of the coffee. The bar situated in the hotel- the Moroc lounge is lovely and extends to outside where people can sit, drink, eat and smoke shisha. Unfortunately, I didn't realise until the last night that the outside had so much seating area and was very lively as we had only sat inside. Tuesday night from 8pm-10pm is 'Ladies Night' meaning women get three complimentary drinks- I thought this was very good and enjoyed Tuesday night very much. We visited Dubai Mall and the 'dancing water' (the fountains) which began every 30 minutes. They were mind blowing and arguably one of the most amazing things. We also went into old dubai and crossed the creek on a little wooden boat and walked around the gold souk which was very beautiful but expensive! We also went to jumeirah madeina souk which was nice as it was a market with loads of pretty gift stalls with bracelets and scarves and trinket boxes- However it was very expensive. I would advise anyone to book to go up the Burj Khalifa as soon as you get to the hotel as it is cheaper if you book online and it is very busy- Sadly we were a bit too late and there were no available times. Overall, it was a fantastic holiday- A beautiful place, beautiful hotel, beautiful holiday, amazing service and lovely people!! I would strongly advise this hotel to anyone!! And would love to go back soon!
Thankyou to IBN Battuta Gate Hotel !!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MelissaK518

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful review on Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate and recommending it to the Trip Advisor Community. Also, I would like to thank you for your lovely comments regarding our service as our primary goal is to provide nothing less than a pleasurable experience to our guests. Please note that we are looking into improving the availability of our shuttle bus service.

On another note, I am glad to hear you were pleased with our gastronomic offering and that you enjoyed the variety of dishes featured in our breakfast and international buffet, as our intention is to spoil our customers for choice. I will make sure to pass on your lovely comments regarding our staff to the concerned departments, and please note that I will personally inform Mustafa that he enhanced your experience with his kindness and endless supplies of Arabic coffee.
I am also delighted to hear that you took advantage of our ladies night and that you enjoyed Moroc.

Positives:
Nice rooms, friendly staff, ok gym

Negatives:
Slow service (both at pool and bars/restaurants), pool set between high walls such that sun is only available for short period of time and then on one side only for half the day and then the other side for the remainder

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank alpha_anonymous

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our rooms. Also, please note that we constantly invest resources into improving our service to assure that our guests receive nothing shorter than a great experience.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife and I came to Dubai to escape the dreary, cold, snow covered misery that was England in March 2013...

The Ibn Battuta Gate was our choice, and it was almost perfect. As we were looking only for sun, good food and a few drinks, the location didn't worry us, and to be fair, it took less than 45 mins from the airport (and visiting the Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall only took 20 mins) - so getting around wasn't actually an issue. Taxis are so cheap we got these everywhere, and took one early most mornings so that we could get to the Oceana Beach Club first thing (be aware of the differences between a Taxi and a Car Service, and even different Taxi sizes – find a small beige car with yellow or red flashes and it’ll cost you next to nothing).

The IBG has a lot to offer. All of the restaurants are truly excellent, and the buffet is outstanding - buffet restaurants always worry me, but every time we ate here the food was excellent, and oftentimes cooked to order. We ate the Thali in the Indian restaurant on Holi, and sampled the Italian and Chinese several times also - each night was superb.

Early evenings saw us drinking on the terrace or in the Moroc bar, and we never had to wait; all of the hotel staff have mastered the art of being there exactly when you need them, and being completely unobtrusive at all other times – it has a way of making you feel special and well looked after without being swamped.

The room was, you guessed it, excellent. We asked for a view over the mall and were provided with this, though we rarely looked outside to be honest… The room was very spacious and well appointed and watching TV in the bath is always a plus for me!

The Oceana Club, out on the palm, is a big attraction for staying at this hotel (the IBG roof pool is very nice, but fairly small and pretty well shaded – it was busy while we were there and so we spent only our first day and last afternoon there). The shuttle bus was easy to book, on time and took only about 15 mins to get to the club. To be fair though, we took a taxi most mornings, until they put on a 9am shuttle (10am was previously the earliest) and then we took that.

The Oceana Club is pretty stunning. The infinity pool overlooks a thin strip of beach, then the sea, then the skyscrapers of Dubai – the fronds of the palm itself are visible to the right too. And yet, this is what pulled off that last star for my review. The service at the Oceana Club is pretty poor. Most lunchtimes we would be waiting 10 mins just to get a menu – longer to have our order taken. It wasn’t terrible in the whole scheme of things, and hey, we were never in a rush, but the service is so good at the IBG that it really stood out as bad at the Oceana Club.

All in all, we had a great holiday, and will be going back. We were on the all inclusive package, and ‘for science’ totted up our spends as if we were not all in – it saved us over £1000.00 easily (possibly more as we were never quite of breakfast and sometimes were too drunk to remember proper amounts!).

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are heading to Dubai!

Dubai is a great place, and this is a great hotel which offers an all inclusive package that is incredible value for money. If they could just improve the Oceana Club service then it’s five stars and more all the way. I’ll tell them when I go next… :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a mall view room
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neil H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate the fact that you took full advantage of our location. I would also like to thank you for your lovely comments regarding our restaurants. I am glad that you enjoyed our gastronomic offerings. In regards to you feedback on the service at Moroc bar, please be certain that I will pass on your feedback to our staff members.

I am happy to learn that you took pleasure in our spacious rooms and exclusive access and usage of our facilities at Oceana Beach Club on Palm Jumeirah. On the other hand, please note that we continue to invest time and resources into training our staff at Oceana Beach Club to ensure impeccable service. I would like to thank you for recommending our all inclusive package to the fellow Tripadvisor community members.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife and I stayed 3 nights in March to celebrate her 40th birthday and we had a great experience during our stay.
First of all it's location, it maybe out of the way a bit but what it does have is an excellent metrotrain station located 200m away.
My wife and I travelled throughout our stay on an all day pass for 32 DEH per day (£6). The train is 15mins from the Mall of the emirates, 25 mins from the mall of Dubai and 50 mins from the airport.
With regards to the hotel there is a motorway and oil refineray located behind it but who cares we only slept in the room as we were out and about all day. We were upgraded to an executive suite on arrival and were really happy with the room.The buffet breakfast was great with fresh omelttes with choice of filling cooked in front of you. Although we did not dine in the restaurants we were informed my other guests that the Chinese and Indian were fantastic.
The hotel staff were incredibley helpfull and we had some nice little touches such as Birthday cake for my wife and on 2 occassions when stood outside reception not even waiting for a taxi (we used metro) we were ushered into 2 private cars and driven to the Dubai mall and Marina at no charge. I can see how this hotel may not be everyones first choice due to its location but in terms of getting around it is perfect due to the proximity of the metro station.

Room Tip: Top 2 floors are suites and if you have a room facing the Oil refinery your more likely to be upgraded.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GMH3

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments. I appreciate the fact that you recognized the convenience of our hotel as it is a 5 min walking distance from the metro station.
I am also glad to hear that you were pleased with your upgrade to an executive suite and that you enjoyed the food variety at our breakfast buffet. I am furthermore happy to learn that you experienced the highest levels of service and that our staff went above and beyond your expectations to make your stay memorable.

Michael Nugent,