“Superb Business Stay”

Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai
Ranked #38 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Checked in for my monthly business stay for approximately a four day stay. Great hospitality, excellent service and enjoyed the variety of restaurants on site. Last but not least the gym and pool is accessible to all! A terrific hotel and well suited for the frequent business traveler looking for that extra service and attention to detail.

Room Tip: The corner one bedroom suites with private balconies are excellent!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CBB_57
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your fantastic review with the Tripadvisor community.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed our dining offering, fitness facilities and the service provided by our team to such extent.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.
Michael Nugent

Write a ReviewReviews (6,704)

Reviewed 28 March 2014

It is an amazing hotel with more than five stars. I have got a very warm greeting from the moment I arrived till I checked out.THANKS to all your front line staff and their management.the service was great and I enjoyed the food.

Room Tip: high floors have a nice view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sun E

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your fantastic review on Tripadvisor.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially the service provided by our team as well as our dining offering.
We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week and this is the best hotel i have stayed in, only that everyday i had to call house keeping to come and do the room, other than that the hotel staff were just too good. The rooms were well done and i loved the bathrooms very clean. Opposite the hotel there is mall where i had a ball. The metro station is just a walking distance and the hotel is not noisy its so quiet, every floor is accesible to a lift.
I arrived late on saturday night and i was really made welcome
I am very particular about the bathrooms and this hotel has the best bathrooms.
Big thank you to all the staff of Ibn Batutta Hotel. I look forward to staying in this hotel again and also their sister hotels.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alu1974

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on your recent stay.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our convenient location opposite the Ibn Battuta Mall and at a walking distance from the Dubai Metro and the service provided by our team.
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Dubai.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

This was our second stay at this Hotel. We couldn't fault our stay in any way. Food and waiting staff were excellent, a special thanks to Boritz at the pool who ran after us the entire week. I have a 21 month old boy who we took to the camel club every day. The girls at the kids club are amazing. They were very attentive, plenty of activities and he didn't want to leave! I would especially like to thank Glenda, Delia and Jo Anne. Hopefully we will be back soon!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Michelle b
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your fantastic review on your recent stay at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your vacation to such extent, especially our dining offering, our Kids Club and the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Glenda, Delia, Jo Anne and the entire team.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

There is a delay here as I had already reviewed this hotel in the last few months.
Anyway, as I said last time, this hotel is simply AMAZING. I stayed here for the second time with my wife and 18 month old daughter. First thing to say, the staff here are fantastic. The property itself is beautiful and definitely worthy of the 5 stars, but the staff make this place so memorable. We had an issue before we even arrived as our Daughter picked up Chickenpox a couple of days before we were due to arrive and couldn't travel. Tejas Shah (Reservations Manager) was excellent when dealing with us and rearranging our stay. On arrival albeit a bit late, I was shocked that one of the bellboys remembered us from our previous visit and he was excellent with our daughter. We had plenty of packs of jelly beans. He even took the time to write us a note in our bedroom when he dropped off the bags, it was a lovely welcome back. Thank you Kamrul Islam.
One of the great things about this hotel is nothing is ever too much trouble. We were on the all inclusive package and it is fantastic. There were some small changes since our first visit but a chat with Andy Lee (who made an effort to come and say hello as he remembered us too) really made our stay that little bit better. Big thanks to you Andy. The standard of food is still amazing. Shanghai Chic was incredible. Chit Myat May Htoo really looked after us and along with her team in the restaurant were so child friendly, it really was first class service. The teams in Chor Bazaar and Sicilia were also amazing. Food in all these restaurants was of the highest standard. The international buffet was of the same standard. Highest quality produce, great chefs and fantastic service. Can't speak highly enough of the dining experiences. Need to give a big shout to the manager at the bar Majlis. I didn't get his name but he was excellent also. Anthony who answered the phone each night when I called in room dining was fantastic too and all you guys made our stay a simply outstanding experience.
I guess the biggest compliment I can pay is that we felt like VIP's every second that we were at the hotel. The room was great. Huge comfy bed, spotlessly clean just fantastic. I only have one thing to say that disapointed me a little. There was a set of drawers and I think it was the middle drawer had a loose cover. So if you went to open it, it came off in your hand. What upset me was the people who clean the room cleaned the drawers and just placed it back still broken. Had my daughter pulled this onto herself it could have done some real damage. I called reception and they offered to send someone straight away to fix it, but my daughter was asleep and we didnt want to disturb her. The drawer was fixed the next morning. Sarah Boutros, the guest services manager was brilliant in the way she contacted me to apologise and ensure our experience remained a positive one.
Again, I just want to say that this hotel is fantastic, you will get a beautiful hotel with world class service. We love it and are already looking forward to our 3rd visit :)
Mr and Mrs Uddin.

Room Tip: Just book this Hotel, it is FANTASTIC
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DeanUddin

Dear Dean,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on Tripadvisor.
I was extremely pleased to read this was your second stay with us and you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our All Inclusive benefits, our hotel facilities, dining offering and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Tejas, Andy, Kamrul. Chit, Anthony, Sarah and the entire team.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I cannot fault this hotel at all. The food, staff, service was excellent. The rooms were kept spotlessly clean, nothing was too much. If you're looking for somewhere to stay and not worried about being on the beach, you cannot do any better than lbn Battuta. There's a fabulous mall opposite the hotel and everywhere is fairly central to get to by taxi

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank elaine_cpfc

Dear Elaine,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with the Tripadvisor community.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our room facilities and services as well as our convenient location oppostie the Ibn Battuta Mall.
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Hello everyone,

In March 2014 me and my girlfriend stayed one week in the Mövenpick Ibn Battuta Gate hotel and we were fully satisfied because the hotel itself is very beautiful. We stayed at the 4th floor and the rooms were nice but a bit gloomy.

The house keeping did a very good job and was friendly.
The pool at the 8th floor is very nice and if you don't want to stay there you can get to the beach via shuttle service which takes only 15min.

The food is amazing even if i comapare it with better rated hotels, i have already staied. Biiiiiig compliment to the kitchen.

There are several restaurants inside the hotel which are very good but the one that was in our opinion outstanding was the wonderful moroc lounge & bar.
The reasons for that are the following:

The offered drinks are amazing.....
They know how to make the cocktails and how to present them in an attractive way.

The same for the food.
It's not only the way how they serve it. It tastes delicious there.

But the main reason for spending the nights in the moroc lounge & bar is the extraordinary service.

It was always a coincidence that our waiter was, no matter which table we have chosen, Sanou.

In my life I have been in plenty hotels and restaurants but the way he is working is awesome.
He always keeps an eye on the drinks and soon as you've got the desire to order, he is already there. Furthermore it is to say that he has got an incredible competence and he is very very nice.

I hope that i could help you to find a nice hotel. I would definitely recommend the ibn battuta gate hotel.

You will definitely enjoy your Hollidays there and if you want the extra portion of feeling cozy and best service spend times with Sanou.

I will never forget this professional way of being a waiter. Great job

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marco C

Dear Marco,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on your recent holiday at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel facilities, dining offering, our Moroc Bar & Lounge and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Sanou and the entire team.
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Dubai.