“Great place, great people, fantastic service!”

Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai
Ranked #38 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is just fantastic, we stayed as a group of four travelling from the UK. The hotel is well placed and very impressive, the rooms are also amazing, we managed to stay in the suite on the 10th floor which certainly did not disappoint. The food and service in the restaurants are what you would expect from a 5 star hotel with varied dishes from around the world, lots of variety and everything is very good.
The brunch on Fridays is a must, go there hungry, this experience will not disappoint!
It's hard to point out staff individuals as every single member of staff was extremely polite and helpful, however the Chief Consierge, Avnish is brilliant, nothing at all was too much trouble, he certainly helped to make this a memorable trip. We will be booking again to return next year without a doubt.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on your recent stay at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel facilities as well as the service provided by our team and our restaurants. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Avnish and the entire team
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for an 8 day holiday on an all-inclusive basis which incuded my wife's birthday, we were given a free upgrade to an executive room by our agent (thank you Tropical Sky).
Our arrival couldn't have been more efficient or welcoming - everything was according to what was promised (unusual, these days), and were taken to a beautiful bedroom - tastefully decorated, scrupulously clean, enormous comfortable bed, views over to Abu Dhabi, large bath, wetroom deluge shower, large wardobes, seating area, and everything you could wish for - probably the best room we have ever had in a hotel.
Breakfast was in the executive lounge, - more like breakfast at a country house than a hotel, - staff couldn't do enough for you, we never once had to get our own coffee or tea etc., and the chef would cook you any type of eggs at short order.
The hotel is built around an enormous cathedral-like grand hall with dozens of hanging lamps (very impressive) and all facilities are spaced around the edge. we quickly found a small peacefull bar (Majlis) and found ourselves gravitating there most days as the service from the staff was impeccable and very friendly.
There are 4 main restaurants down one side of the grand hall, Italian, Chinese, Indian, and Moroccan, plus snacks and meals available at bars.
Each restaurant is a "stand alone" establishment with it's own kitchen, and each one served such amazing and authentic food that it could exist quite easily on it's own in any large town, - fine dining every night, and all included in the all-inclusive package - never been fed so well with such variety in a hotel before.
Friday brunch in the hall is amazing - don't miss it.
Rooftop pool on the 8th floor is great with always some shade available, free towels, plenty of sunbeds, and attentive staff.
However for real luxury try the Oceana beach club on the Palm (free shuttle from the hotel and back), sunbeds and shades in plenty, perfect beach, infinity pool, lazy river, and lovely bar and restaurant.
Our agents had notified the hotel of the date of my wifes birthday (thanks again Tropical Sky), so on the day a birthday cake was left in the room, with another at dinner (at the Italian) with staff singing happy birthday to her - a magical experience for her.
One morning my wife was admiring the foyer flower display when a staff member approached asking her room number - in the afternoon the hotel florist bought to our room a vase of the same flowers as a thank you for admiring his work - now tell me, where else do you get that sort of service ? That also happened to be her birthday, perfect timing.
Drinks included in the all-inclusive package were extensive and good quality and we had a choice of wine, - no stingyness either, staff were always quick to get you a refill.

HOWEVER, I've saved the best till last the crowning glory of this hotel, and a large part of it's success IS THE STAFF !
We have never seen anywhere in the world such happy friendly people who seemed genuinely pleased to see you and to do things for you - no exceptions, everyone was the same. Nothing is too much trouble for them and you are never allowed to do anything for yourself, - everywhere you go you will see a smiling face and get a greeting - when you return to the hotel after a trip out you are welcomed back, and it never seems the slightest bit false.
Everyone is so good it seems unfair to single people out, - but I can't end this without a special thanks to - Barbra and her team at Majlis who looked after us so very well, Nilentha (Florist) for his special kindness, and Rizwan of the concierge team who took customer service to a fine art.

Finally, 2 questions,
Perfect Hotel ? For us YES
Will we return ? Oh boy, YES
If you think I've over-egged the pudding here, I've only one suggestion - go and see for yourself - you'll find I haven't.

Room Tip: Try and afford an executive room - its worth it, not only for the room, but also for the perks that...

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with the Tripadvisor community.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel facilities, our restaurants, our Oceana Beach Club and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Barbra, Nilentha, Rizwan and the entire team.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our first visit to Dubai made totally wonderful by the IBN BATTUTA GATE hotel. Every member of staff we came into contact with was more than helpful. Mohammed on reception,Myint in the lobby bar,Purity on the reservations desk,Evans,Bilal and all pool staff,Sanjay at Chor Bazaar Avnish,Chief Concierge to name but a few. The food in all restaurants was great with massive choice and something to suit every taste. Steak in the Scicilia exceptional!
Lastly and by no means least the Executive Lounge on 9th floor-----what can I say? Rey and his team especially George went out of their way to make our stay wonderful!!!!
TOP CLASS!! We hope to return very soon. Thank you Battuta Gate!

Room Tip: Suites well worth the extra!
1  Thank Angela A

Dear Angela,
Thank you for sharing your fantastic review on Tripadvisor.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your visit to such extent, especially our hotel facilities as well as the service provided by our team, our food offering, and our Executive Lounge. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Mohammed, Myint, Purity, Evans, Bilal, Sanjay, Avnish, Rey, George and the entire team
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Well, as a traveler and team leader for my company's engineers, it is pivotal that I ensure that the months that they stay during their job assignment is just like if they were home. After 3 hotels and a lot of searching, we have found it...Movenpick....it moved us with the great service and also focused attention. Kathy at the front desk ensures our happiness, I usually get 1 whats app message a week from her seeing if things are good. Tailored hospitality! Thanks Kathy, your tenacity to see things through and make it all happen is great. The food is great! The only bad side is the lobby has a lingering smell of food, but thats cause they have some great restaurants opening up to the lobby. This is a great place for families, friends and business!!! I found other companies are also staying in the same hotel that we work with.

Thanks and keep up the work!
Nash Netherlands

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Nash,
Thank you for sharing your review on your recent stay at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel facilities and of course the service provided by our team. Please rest assured your feedback on the food smell in the lobby has been shared with the concerned manager for his immediate review.
I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Kathy and the entire team.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Me and my friends really enjoyed our stay in this fabulous hotel. The experience was unforgettable, not to mention the surprise birthday cake. Staff in executive lounge were very accommodating. Overall our stay was superb..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Letlet A

Dear Letlet,
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel facilities as well as the service provided by our team and our Executive Lounge. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with the team

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Every month I come to Dubai to attend to my company meetings and visit clients. And I usually stay in this hotel for a week. The moment I arrived into the hotel lobby; I feel I am coming home. The concierge and front office staff are very friendly and always smiling. Most important they will go out of their ways to make me feel like I have just arrived home. Such a nice feeling! You will know this feeling when you have to leave and that you will missed it in the next weeks until you are back again at home. I love staying here.

The services and amenities are superb, great restaurants and all really good food; nothing to complain about. Oh, I love the mattress. After a long day at work, I know I will have a very good night sleep and rest because the mattress just makes you go into a deep sleep. Truly wonderful when you wake up fresh and rested well.

The location opposite the IBN Battuta Shopping mall makes all that I ever need complete. I could walk across the road and grab a phone charger almost in like 10 mins and back to my room to continue my work.

I wouldn't want to change anything about this wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: Go for the executive room. Great lounge facilities to unwind after a day's work.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JulianaMTW
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Juliana,
Thank you for sharing your fantastic review on your recent stay.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your visit to such extent, especially our hotel facilities as well as the service provided by our team and our food offering. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with the entire team

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I Stay in this Hotel , because i like the service every single staff is Giving a Big SMILE. Restaurant , Bar, and Specially Executive Lounge the service is so professional, the food selection is so good and Healthy.

Room Tip: Executive Floor, Mall View
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank REmoh S

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on your recent stay.