“Luxury hotel”

Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai
Ranked #39 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Hi

I have stayed in Movenpick Ibn Battuta few times and by the way i tried few hotels over Dubai, this one was the best.

from the time you stop in the door of the hotel a different feeling you will get warm greeting smile on the faces fast check in with amazing welcome drink every time i come they have something new last time i was escorted to a VIP desk and i felt just wow as it wasn`t my first stay

many thanks to the staff and management for sure

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Wassim,
Thank you for sharing your fantastic review on your stay at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our overall hotel facilities and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with them.
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Michael Nugent

Write a ReviewReviews (6,762)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel from 05 June -10 Jun 2014 We throughly enjoyed our stay. The room was comfortable and very clean.The service was first class throughout.,staff in the restaurants, bars , reception all very friendly ,helpful and attentive. All staff so kind polite and welcoming. This was our second visit and we would definitely come back again and would recommend the hotel to any one considering a holiday to Dubai. Thank you all for looking after us so well

Room Tip: Upgrade to superior room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest,
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our restaurants, our overall hotel facilities, and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with the entire team.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

One of the best hotels i have ever stayed at. Friendly staff, amazing morning breakfast, as well as comfy rooms. I would def recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to visit Dubai.
The scenery is also amazing from any room view.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Dana,
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our breakfast spread, our overall hotel facilities, and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with the entire team.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed here in May 2013, we booked it through tropical sky and had a direct day flight arriving at the hotel around 8pm. When we booked in the all inclusive was explained to us and we then booked for the friday brunch. We were shown to our executive room which was stunning, unfortunately there were three of us, myself, my wife and our son, we had asked for a triple room and all was in this room was a huge king bed, when we rung reception we were told a bed was on it's way, there was no way you could put another bed in this room as there was not enough room, there would be very little floor space left. We were then shown a deluxe room, although bigger it was still not big enough to accomadate another bed. Eventually we were shown room 111 which was plenty big enough with a big walk in shower. Everyone had been really helpful and we had been told the hotel doesn't have any triple rooms, don't know whose fault that was, tropical sky or the hotel, we specifically requested a triple room. Anyway the hotel was beautiful and all the staff were really helpful, we took advantage of the oceana beach club which was brilliant, huge pool with hundreds of sunbeds, you were spoilt for choice. We turned up for the friday brunch but we hadn't been booked in, during the room changes it must have slipped the receptionist's mind. we were found a table after a 5 minutes wait, don't miss it, but remember to book for it, another thing you have to book for is the surf and turf night. The al a carte restaurants were brilliant. This year we went to ras al khaimah and although it was a fabulous hotel it was not a patch on the movenpick so we are going to look to book the movenpick for May 2015 and hopefully we can get room 111 again or similar

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our beach club, our Mistral restaurant, our Friday brunch and Surf & Turf, and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with the entire team.
Please rest assured that your feedback regarding the rooms has been discussed with the concerned manager for his immediate review and discussion with the travel agency to avoid future disappointments for guests. I would like to ask you to please send us an email to social.ibnbattuta@moevenpick.com as I would like for our team to contact you regarding your stay.
I look forward to receiving your email.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We chose this hotel since it has a good review and had a good reputation. We were booked an interconnecting room at the second floor. We arrived early and asked for an early checkin, however the rooms are not yet available so we just left our luggage there. The hotel staff were very polite, the hotel's ground floor looks classy.
We went back to the hotel at 8pm to finally rest, however to our dismay, the rooms air-condition were not working properly (both of them). We asked for somebody to check it out and found out that the filter was really dusty. Both of the rooms' air-conditioned are not working properly, but the guy from maintenance never checked out the other room. They gave us a different room and the transfer was completed at 10pm, it took two hours for that. It was very uncomfortable since we have our kids with us. They only let us transfer to one different room so we had to endure the "not so cold" air-condition on the other one. It was just disappointing for us to experience this in a five star hotel. It's summer in dubai and we expected cold rooms.
To compensate, they upgraded us to free breakfast. The food was satisfying and restaurant crew were all polite.
The location is perfect but please make sure that the people from maintenance dept are doing their job right.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gretchen M

Dear Gretchen,
Thank you for sharing your review on your stay at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed our breakfast spread, our hotel facilities, and our location. However, I was very concerned to read your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.
Please rest assured that your feedback regarding the air conditioning has been discussed with the concerned manager for his immediate review and action to avoid future inconveniences to guests.
I look forward to receiving your email.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed an all-inclusive break at this super hotel. We just couldn't fault it. I think the warmth and friendliness of all the staff is amazing and Louella in the buffet restaurant was so sweet, especially with our baby grandson.
The pool on the 8th floor was fantastic, although the floor tiles poolside need reviewing as they are very slippery and my daughter had a nasty fall there. The staff were very concerned and attentive when it happened.
The food in all the restaurants was fantastic and we enjoyed our stay. I hope we'll be back again.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Devon,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with the Tripadvisor community.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our restaurants, our overall hotel facilities, and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Louella and the entire team.
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

It was my first time to stay at Movenpick hotel. I loved the interior design and the themes of different countries around the world. The staff were very friendly and kind. I also liked the room we stayed in, it was spacious and convenient, even when we had to add an extra bed to the room it was still good. I loved my stay there!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Maysam,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with the Tripadvisor community.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel interior design and facilities, and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with them.
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Dubai.