“The Gate”

Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai
Ranked #41 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Yet another Movenpick experience! The hotel is located at the far end of Dubai much closer to Abu Dhabi. The vicinity to Ibn Battuta Mall is a great advantage and the mall itself is a masterpiece in terms of architecture. Beside the mall the location has not much to offer and you have to take a taxi to visit other attraction. The hotel itself is elegantly built and nicely decorated with a huge and beautiful lobby. My room was quite good and very clean. The staff were also very good and polite. The breakfast was almost complete and also I had the pleasure of having lunch in the restaurant which was amazing in my opinion. Free WiFi was available throughout the hotel. If you are looking for shopping destination this is the hotel for you but keep in mind the distance with Dubai's main attractions and landscapes as well.
overall recommended

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank mehrdadnb
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your fantastic review on your stay at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially breakfast spread, our overall hotel facilities, our walking distance to the Dubai Metro and Ibn Battuta Shopping Mall, and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with the entire team.
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Its was my second time I stay at this hotel it was perfect like always very close to the mall and providing a sea transportation , and the best thing is the kids club that opening from 8 am to 9 pm and the good hand of the nanies ; DELIA , JOAN ,GLENDA

THANG U 4 THE GREAT VECATION

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Fawaz M

Dear Fawaz,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with the Tripadvisor community.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our walking distance to Ibn Battuta Shopping Mall, our Kids Club, and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Delia, Joan, Glenda and the entire team.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Bit of a delay in writing our review but.... Another great stay at IBN Battuta Gate in Dubai in March 2014 a fantastic break away that even though you don't expect if gets better each time you go. Every single staff member is a credit to this hotel as they all are a picture of what fantastic customer service is. Just a few special mentions to make who are some of the most genuine and hospitable people that we have ever met: Sally at the Pool, Sheetal in Chor Bazaar, Vincenzo and his team at Sicilia and Sarah at Guest Relations. All of these people are true brand ambassadors for what this hotel stands for and if you were to encounter them on your stay here they would be sure to look after you and make your time in Dubai extra special.

Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our overall hotel facilities and the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Sally, Sheetal, Vincenzo, Sarah and the entire team.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Arrived at 2am to find that i am left witg a room that is not satisfactory. The Night manager Nidal had promised that the next day i will be able to move to another room. I was assured that someone frim reception will call me between 12nn and 3pm. No one called. I had to follow up and call front desk several times. In the end, i was just informed to pack up to move to another room. There were no apologies for making me wait and for how poorly they have treated me. There was no acknowledgement that they have not kept their promise as well.

Pretty good hotel but marred by poor customer service. Front is rude and very impersonal.

• Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank Nomad_ellah
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Ellah,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai.
I was very concerned to read your feedback and your comments on your perception of the service provided by our Front Office team, please rest it has been shared with all concerned.
I believe our team met with you during your recent stay and we hope to be able to ensure your future experiences at our hotel are at the true level of service we strive to offer all of our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Dubai.
Thank you.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Leaving Battuta Gate today, second stay at this hotel, great service wonderful attentive staff. Not one complaint about the service. Rommel on the concierge was very helpful always greeted you with a smile and went out of his way to help. Food was amazing, thanks to all staff on the 9th floor (executive lounge) Too many people to thank and mention, once again thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: All inclusive excellent value
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Linda,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on recent stay on Tripadvisor.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your visit to such extent, especially our hotel facilities, our Executive Lounge, and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Rommel and the entire team.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have stayed recently at Ibn Battuta the Gate and I was really impressed by the kindness of the staff. The check in was pleasant, everybody is very helpful from the moment you step out from the car. Throughout the stay every employee makes you feel special, like you are the only guest in the hotel. There is no traffic, close to the mall, metro. I will definitely stay again when I will go to Dubai.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cristina N

Dear Cristina,
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our overall hotel facilities and our walking distance to the Dubai Metro. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with the entire team.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Dubai has fantastic hotels and I was unsure which to book until I received an email offer of an all inclusive at Movenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate, after researching this hotel I decided to book. I am completely satisfied with my decision the location is good I found the hotel to be first class in all aspects . There was some confusion regarding drinks on the all inclusive package in one of the restaurants but the reception staff dealt with this matter impeccably the following day.
The staff, from cleaners to management could not be more helpful & friendly and I would recommend booking Dhang for a massage - wonderful, all the girls in the spa are excellent, the prices are also very reasonable with discounts for booking at certain times of the day.
The choice & quality of food in all the restaurants is exceptional. The shuttle to the beach which is a fabulous location was seamless.
It was my birthday while I was staying at the hotel & twice that day (once at breakfast & once to my room) I was given a piece of cake with birthday wishes. I have only touched the surface of the incredible attentive services the staff provide.
I loved every minute of my stay & will forever have wonderful memories of my 50th Birthday thanks to the staff (& of course my family!) at Movenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.
If I am fortunate to visit Dubai again I would definitely return to this hotel .
Julie Meares - UK
PS - the beds are soo comfortable!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank JM34RE55

Dear Julie,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with the Tripadvisor community.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel facilities, our beach club, and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Dhang and the entire team.