“best stay ever”

Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai
Ranked #40 of 565 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

we stayed here for one night and it was awsome.. even though they dont have sauna and steam room, but the rest was great, the room was very comfy and clean , food was great we ate buffet breakfast and every thing was good, staff was welcoming too they are friendly

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jackson P
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Jackson,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with the Tripadvisor community.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our breakfast spread, our hotel facilities, and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with the entire team.
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Michael Nugent

Write a ReviewReviews (6,771)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My stay in Moevenpick Ibn Battuta Gate was the best so far. The receptionists are very accommodating and always have ready smiles on their faces. The services are fast and superb. Staffs are friendly and courteous. There are a lot of varieties in the breakfast :-) I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends here in Dubai and back home in India. Thank you Moevenpick IBN Battuta Gate Hotel for a very wonderful experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank marycheriyan11

Dear Mary,
Thank you for sharing your fantastic review on your stay at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our breakfast spread, our overall hotel facilities, and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with the entire team.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I would definitely stay in this hotel again. Superb and very fast personalized service by very friendly and warm staff..Buffet was excellent, the location is very accessible to the mall and metro station.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Dumamon
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with the Tripadvisor community.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel facilities, our walking distance to Ibn Battuta Shopping mall and the Dubai metro station, and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with the entire team.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have stayed at this property for only 2 nights but found it very relaxing and most enjoyable. Located from walking distance to the metro station, Ibn Battuta, it was convenient and just right to my need to be away from the crowded buildings with noise level and lights in town. However, getting a cab was much easier and less pricey than you would have had in other tourist cities.

We have spent 10 nights in France and Switzerland before this and once we arrived the hotel, the warm welcome was exactly what we ever wanted as this was missed out in the past 10 nights of ours. You could see and appreciate the amazing blend of multicultural environment this city and the hotel itself had to offer. The interior and the decoration did really wow us in every sense from the high ceiling at the atrium, tens of hanging delicate Arabian lamps and metal camels in actual size. Our flight from Zurich arrived early in the morning and made us reach the hotel around 8 am, I understood that it was far too early to check in but Boghos, a duty manager, was so kind to give us the room for resting our heads from traveling. That was much appreciated.

The room itself was great. It is spacious, beautiful, and very clean. Thanks to the housekeeping maid for cleaning our room so well. Our stuff messed up on the floor were organized and tidied up every day. The bathroom was worth to be mentioned. I did feel like it should have belonged to higher room category as it was huge with separated bathtub and shower area decorated with glass partition and Arabian design.

The breakfast buffet was fabulous. We had no problem at all in finding a table as it became a classical problem at any big-scale hotel. The vast variety of buffet selection was one of the pleasure. There were many food stations that you did not need to queue up. The service was efficient.

We have not had an opportunity to have a dinner at one of hotel's restaurants, only have we enjoyed the drink at Moroccan bar adjacent to the reception. Sipping a cold beer with yummy tapas in the outdoor setting with the gentle breeze and the big archway as the backdrop, that was one of the chillaxing nights to have.

Not forget to mention the exceptional service of Chavee, a guest relations supervisor, who really made our stay simple and easy. With only 2 days available for excursion, we have packed ourselves with dessert safari tour (recommended), big bus tour, and dinner cruise. And there was a problem as we tried to contact the tour company long before for confirming a reservation from our purchased vouchers. It was frustrating as the company would not come to pick us up at the hotel and required us to change the date with specified meeting point at Dubai Mall (the biggest mall in the world and god knows how could we meet with the driver?) Chavee has gone extra miles and made this hassle-free for us. She was really a great asset to the hotel.

Upon departure, we have met with Fadi, Front Office Manager, who had ensured that we were leaving with amazing experience. He kindly managed to arrange us a poshy BMW limo to the airport. That's really awesome!

All in all, if you would like to fancy yourself exploring in this vibrant city of Dubai, this hotel is highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Byrtimizer

Dear Guest,
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our breakfast spread, our overall hotel facilities, our walking distance to Ibn Battuta Shopping mall and the Dubai Metro, our Moroc Lounge & Bar, and of coruse the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Boghos, Chavee, Fadi and the entire team.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I will definitely recommend this hotel, accessible to the metro and mall. It's a place where you feel like home, good ambiance, nice and clean. Don't miss out to try their surf and turf, wide selection of foods. Moroc is a good bar for relaxing. All employees are really friendly and accommodating. Every time I enter this hotel you see them smiling and greeting you from the hotel entrance, restaurants and the gym club. I don't see any hotel as friendly as them, I'm going to give the name of the employees whom I became a friend and who knows they become friend of you too - namely Ann, Quennie, Dhang, Art, Ronald, and Michael. Thank you all for making me feel like I'm home!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carol J
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Carol,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with the Tripadvisor community.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel facilities, our Surf & Turf brunch, our walking distance to the Dubai metro and Ibn Battuta Shopping mall, our Moroc Lounge & Bar, and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Ann, Quennie, Dhang, Art, Ronald, Michael and the entire team.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

It's very quiet.And all employees are very enthusiastic.If you come to Dubai,you can choose this hotel.The traffic is very convenient ,and shopping is also very convenient because there are near the shopping center. Overall this hotel is a good choice.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Suzy Z

Dear Suzy,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with the Tripadvisor community.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel facilities, our walking distance to Ibn Battuta Shopping mall, and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with the entire team.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

When I booked this hotel I didn’t realize that it was so far away from the city. But with a metro close by and a beautiful mall right next to the hotel, it overshadows that drawback. It is indeed a MAGNIFICANT hotel!! It’s a huge property and the majestic Ibn Battuta Gate is its crowning jewel. From the minute we stepped in the front door the staff welcomed us with their warm smiles. Everyone, who work here, are great.

This hotel is artistically designed and gives a Dubai-like feel when you enter it. The huge number of lamps hanging from the ceiling gives an amazing look to this place!! It has a superb swimming pool on the 8th floor and also has a free shuttle service to its beach club house. But since me and my friend had only 5 days in Dubai we just couldn’t get the time to avail this service (as there were many more places to explore.)

We had breakfast here every morning and the spread was huge. The Indian food was delicious and the desert spread was simply outstanding.

On foot the metro can be reached within 5 minutes which made traveling very easy for us. Also right next to the hotel is the amazing Ibn Battuta Mall. I personally feel it is one of the most beautiful malls of Dubai.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank ShrutiVasudeo
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with the Tripadvisor community.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel facilities, our breakfast spread, our walking distance to the Dubai metro and Ibn Battuta Shopping mall, and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with the entire team.