“Fantastic for xmas”

Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai
Ranked #39 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 15 August 2014

From the moment we arrived to when we left the staff were all very attentive polite and extremely helpful. The hotel is typical of most dubai hotels extravagant decor and quality service.

We arrived xmas eve and booked the Christmas Day buffet, which 5 and a half hours later left us all astounded by the variety and quality of food. Alcohol was non stop with added extra paid for champagne but again blue for money. Everything you could imagine was available, a Fantastic day was had by all.

The rooftop pool was very good and the spa facilities were reasonable priced. Taxi are cheap in Dubai but if not worth the experience and view of Dubai is the metro which is within walking , even by Dubai heat it is only a few hundred yards away.

The shuttle bus which runs to a private beach club hear the Palm is worth utilising a fantastic infinity pool gives you stunning views opposite of the downtown dubai skyline.

Thoroughly recommended hotel which is on the outer edge of Dubai where the development of New Dubai is commencing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Meadonians
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel services, our Christmas Day buffet, our beach club, and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to share your kind comments with the entire team.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

It was a pleasure time we spent her, very professional team and I highly recommend for families and good rest. All is excellent; it was a great vacation.
And I will come again to this hotel each time I can

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mohannad,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially the service provided by our team. I will make sure to share your kind comments with the entire team.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Hi!, Tommy Morris here!

My partner and I stayed for 11 nights recently, we went on the reviews, and we have visited Dubai 4 times before this,

I plan to give you a fair and honest review, so lets start with the good stuff!!

the food and the staff are amazing!, special mention to Sharda in the Indian restaurant, what a lovely helpful girl, she really is a fantastic host, also special mention to Sarath! the smoothie guy! he is a big asset to this company, so look after him! his greeting and service is second to none! a joy to behold!

the food in all the restaurants is simply superb, and well done to all the chef's, amazing food!

the hotel..

this is a business hotel, forget taking a loved one away for a romantic break, it just doesn't deliver, pilots and business men use this, as it is in the middle of nowhere!, a ugly power station to the right, and a very sub standard shopping mall, within a 3 minute walk,

there is no outside grounds, you are stuck in a very hollow hotel...

I mean no offence to anyone who works there, but this is not Dubai standard,

the 'Moroc' lounge is terrible, it looks like a cafe,with very little decor, and people smoke everywhere in it!! we are none smokers, we tried on 5 occasions to go for a drink, hopeless!! no smoking areas, just don't exist!

the hotel lacks personal touch, it is very hollow, and no where to relax,

the pool on the 8th floor is nice, but over run by 'locals' very few beds, and the 'Oceania beach club' offer with the infinity pool., is a disappointing 25 min bus ride ( in traffic it takes longer )

If you want a romantic getaway, go the extra mile to Le Royal Meridian Beach & Spa, we have been twice, and will certainly go back again!, its a different class! I have reviewed this, so you can compare

so with all due respect to Movenpick, the Battuta Gate just does not cater for the romantic couple, or anyone who wants a memorable experience, staff are very good, but let down by the hotel...its just a 'travel inn with sun'

If you want a quick 2-3 day business stop over, this is the place! but remember you are miles from the beach and the 'real' 5 star hotels,

to all the staff, thanks for trying, you made us feel as best we could, in a sub standard hotel

Room Tip: Business trip ? book it! Romantic break? forget it!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank BrightonTommyscot

Dear Tommy,
Thank you for sharing your review on you recent stay with the Tripadvisor community.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed the service provided by our team. I will make sure to share your kind comments with them.
Please rest assured all your points have been noted and shared with the concerned managers for their immediate review.
We thank you for your constructive feedback and your perception of the hotel.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and i stayed here when he was participating in a UAE Nissan. The rooms were great. The staff is fantastic and are there to help you. We loved the breakfast, we were spoilt for choice . It is close to the Ibn Batuta mall, but far off the main attractions. Between the hotel, there is an arch and a road runs through it. It is a magnificent view. Hopefully we will visit again next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J W
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stays to such extent, especially our hotel facilities, our breakfast spread and our convenient location opposite Ibn Battuta Shopping Mall. I will make sure to share your kind comments with the entire team.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

On Friday 15th August I will be visiting the IBN Battutta my holiday once again. I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel (including the Oceana) and the people who assist me, who I now regard as my friends. They simply cannot do enough to help me and Tejas, Ankit, and Neville always ensure my stay is everything that I want it to be. Every restaurant, in the hotel serves food to the highest standard and the concierge service is superb. I go on holiday to relax and to be looked after....and I certainly get that at the IBN Battutta !! See you soon everyone !!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jason n
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Jason,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.
I was very pleased to read you enjoy your stays to such extent, especially our hotel facilities, our restaurants and the service provided by our team. I will make sure to share your kind comments with Tejas, Ankit and the entire team.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Had an absolutely fantastic 5 night All Inclusive stay at this hotel in May.

We arrived on an overnight flight at 8am, and were given early check-in and also upgraded to a Battuta Suite as we were celebrating our engagement, both of which were much appreciated.

Words cannot describe the service on offer from this hotel. All staff were a credit to the company, and could not do enough to make our holiday perfect.

Our upgraded room was unbelievable, with a huge balcony, living area, 2 bathrooms, 2 40 inch TVs and one of the comfiest beds we have ever slept in.

The food on offer at this hotel is quite simply the best we have ever experienced worldwide, as is the fantastic All Inclusive package. The breakfast buffet was enormous. We particularly enjoyed the freshly sliced smoked salmon, eggs benedict and delicious freshly baked bread.

We tried all of the a la carte restaurants (the Italian is also available for lunch, and offer fantastic pizzas). The Indian, Chor Bazaar, was fantastic with a huge range of curries, breads and sides. The charcoal grilled chicken was a particular highlight. The Chinese, Shanghai Chic, was also wonderful and the food is served tapas style where you are encouraged to try as many dishes as possible and they are brought to you as soon as they are ready. Saving the best for last, the Italian was to die for. The fillet steak was one of the best we have ever tried, as was the Wagyu beef carpaccio starter.

We ate in the buffet restaurant for surf & turf night and again this was wonderful. There was live music on to entertain, and the selection of seafood and meat on offer was amazing. We loved the way the seafood was on ice and you selected your own (the lobster was particularly good) and it is then cooked fresh to order on the barbecue.

The drinks package was amazing, with branded spirits, a lovely selection of still and sparkling wines and bottled Stella on offer. Unlike other hotels, this is a true all inclusive.

Finally, the beach on the Palm is amazing, and where we spent most of our days. It is a short 15 minute bus ride away, but the setting with the infinity pool and beach together is out of this world. The All Inclusive option here is also very good, and we rarely spend over our 200LE daily allowance (this got us a nice lunch, 2-3 alcoholic drinks and several soft drinks comfortably).

All in all, one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at and we are actively looking to book again for next year. Would rate this hotel 6 stars if I could!

Room Tip: The Battuta Suite is amazing
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John M

Dear John,
Thank you for sharing your fantastic review with the Tripadvisor community.
First of all I would like to congratulate you on your recent engagement. I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel facilities, our restaurants, our beach club on Palm Jumeirah, our All Inclusive package benefits and the service provided by our team. I will make sure to share your kind comments with the entire team.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed for a couple of days in this hotel. This hotel is inspired by the travels of Ibn Batuta and the countries he had visited during his adventure. Each floor is specifically designed with the standards of each country that Ibn visited. Rooms are greatly spaced and well equipped.
Comfort - Perfect.
Facilities - Perfect
Bar - Perfect with lots of screens around.
Ambiance - Soothing.
Breakfast - Huge Menu
Its opposite to Ibn Batuta mall and a ten minute walk to the metro station. But usually, if someone travels to Dubai for a couple of days for the first time, the first thing you got to check out is Burj Khalifa, which is located a little far from the hotel and you would take 40 min.- 1hour to reach the tallest building in the world one way! For the ones coming to Jafza for business, I would say that this is the perfect property because of proximity.

Room Tip: Try to get the floor according to the country which you really wanna travel to. It would really give...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Neo123456
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on your stay at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your visit to such extent, especially our hotel facilities, our location opposite the Ibn Battuta Shopping Mall and at a walking distance from the the Dubai Metro. I will make sure to share your kind comments with the entire team.
We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Dubai.