“Royal Choice”

Ranked #37 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Manama, Bahrain
“Royal Choice”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Many Thanks to Bivek Rai from Room Reservations who did my booking and upgraded to Executive Suite. I was there from 23-25 August 2014 for a business trip and celebrate my wife birthday on 23rd August. All of you made this occasion special one. Shukran! The hotel is very unique in design theme with a Royal touch. I think that the Hotel Administration has succeeded in highlighting the role of Ibn Battuta as the most important Arabian Explorer! Ivan, the Front Desk Receptionist completed my check-in procedure very quickly. Kamrul, the Bell Attendant made me happy with his wonderful smile during my stay. The Executive Lounge is very quite. George, Sharda, Allan, Binod and Zaher treated me and my wife as we were guests in their home! Rey Mandane, Executive Lounge Manager is very proud of his team. The best thing I liked in the hotel: 30 meter long swimming pool, Prayer Room, The Hotel Counter in Dubai Airport and the Pakistani CTS chauffeur who make you feel that you are VIP. Things I hope to be there in the hotel: Sauna, Steam and Jacuzzi. Also hope to find a solution for water flood in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Check the view and the bathroom!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Ebrahim A
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Ebrahim,
Thank you for sharing your fantastic review with the TripAdvisor community.
First of all, I would like to once again congratulate your wife on her birthday.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel facilities, our Executive Lounge, and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to share your kind comments with Bivek Rai, Ivan, Kamrul, George, Sharda, Allan, Binod, Zaher, Rey Mandane and the entire team.
Kindly note your feedback regarding our fitness facilities has been shared with the concerned departments for possible future implementation.
Michael Nugent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (770)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 August 2014

They have good swimming pool s in indoor and outside. Especially the serve is very kind. And they serve good food that I feel like best in Dubai

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank golo79
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with the TripAdvisor community.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel facilities, our restaurants, and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to share your kind comments with the entire team.
Falkirk
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We visited the Ibn Battuta Gate hotel again, twice in 2 years. We stayed for two weeks this time and could not have been happier.
We were lucky enough to experience the Executive Lounge, which is on the 9th floor, and for breakfast we were attended to by George, who is an asset to this hotels training regime. Nothing was too much trouble for him and he greeted us with a smile every morning.
The prize for the biggest smile has to go to Vincent at the poolside. How anyone can look so happy all day, every day is a mystery to me. He only took one day to remember us, our room number and our drinks order.
The restaurants are absolutely wonderful with something for everyone. Our favourite was the Chor Bazzar (Indian Restaurant) and Deepak greeted us with a warm handshake on four occasions during our visit. He attended to us at the two Friday Brunches we managed to fit in and was always happy to see us.
We enjoyed a few drinks (well, a lot of drinks as we were all inclusive) in the Morroc bar and Robert, one of the waiters, remembered us from last year. We were always taken to an available space in the bar and if space was tight, things were moved around a bit to accomodate us. Drinks and nibbles were always delivered to our table with a smile and he was never too busy to have a quick chat.
I think you've guessed already that the staff in the hotel are superb. They are an absolute asset to this hotel and make your stay a pleasurable one. I have said it before and I will say it again, if hotels in the UK had a 10th of this hotels attitude to customer service they would be far more successful.
Enough about the staff now the hotel itself.
We were supposed to be in an Executive room, which I confirmed on several occasions via email was the case. When we arrived we were told they did not have an Executive Room available and we were being put in a Deluxe Room on the 10th Floor. I wasn't very happy, as this was the second time this had happened to us, but I agreed at 3:00am that it wasn't worth arguing about as we wanted to go to bed. On arriving at the room it was very spacious, room 1015 in the corner of the 10th floor, I really had nothing to complain about. We stayed in the room for the full 14 nights and had no issues at all, so this is not really a complaint.
We went to the Oceana Beach Club on 4 occasions and the 20min trip by free shuttle bus is well worth it. The facilities and food at the beach club are also of a very high standard. You must do the lazy river as it is great fun trying to avoid the water fall half way round, especially when your wife is pushing you straight into it.
In summary, if you are looking for a quality, well priced all inclusive 5 star hotel in Dubai look no further. You will not be disappointed and I am sure you will rush to put another "5 star" review on trip advisor.
Well done to all at the Ibn Batutta Gate Hotel, we will be back next year for a third visit and look forward to spending the time with you all again.

Room Tip: Just book and enjoy.
4 Thank C4MYG
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on your return visit with the Tripadvisor community.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent and will make sure to share your kind comments with George, Vincent, Deepak, Robert and the entire team.
Please do rest assured your feedback on your room has been shared with the concerned manger to avoid future inconveniences to guests.
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Dubai.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago on a 4-night stopover to Cape Town. The hotel was beautiful inside, very thematic and a wonderful location to sit and have drinks. We had a lovely, large room which had been thoughtfully decorated with rose petals, and after our dinner on the first night we returned to a chocolate 'Congratulations' dessert and a bottle of sparkling juice- delicious. All of the staff were attentive and did everything they could to help us out- service was fantastic. The pool was a good size, although as we were so busy we only enjoyed time swimming there early morning and late at night. We did spend one morning at the sister hotel on The Palm- large pool with bar and plenty of sun loungers!
The hotel's location, although away from the main hustle of Dubai, was a 5 minute (hot!) walk from the Metro and right opposite the Ibn Battuta Mall, which itself was very large.
We ate in the hotel a number of times, at their Indian, Italian and Al Bahou lounge, and couldn't fault the food or service in those areas either.
We would love to return here if we go back to Dubai- thank you so much for making the start of our holiday so memorable.

3 Thank rachael794
Dear Rachael,
Thank you for your wonderful review and congratulations once again on your recent wedding.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our food offering, room facilities, convenient location at a walking distance from the Dubai Metro and the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with them.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate soon.
colwyn bay
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel, My Third stay in as many years.. 09/08/2014. ROOM 1001

As i have stayed before , i find it very difficult, how to expand on my previous reviews ?.

Once more "What a wonderful example of outstanding customer service!" (met by Romel front of house, what a real charming man. sings too)

We had a really lovely stay, felt genuinely looked after, every member of staff seemed to be very proud of the hotel and went out of their way to look after us. Their approach was exceptional.
The hotel is always lovely, and immaculately clean.

Our suite was beautifully presented with understated quality and charm; everything was thought about/every whim was catered for.
The food was lovely too, thank you so much Said/siad the Mistrial Manager
His staff are exemplary and their attentiveness and excellent service should probably be treated as a training programme for a good many other hotels.

Also to mention the 8th floor pool area, Vincent, Michael, Henry and Evans, They were so very thoughtful, efficient and uncomplaining and I was immensely impressed. The same continued for the whole of our time staying there. All the restaurants are run by a senior waiters who again is absolutely top notch. This food was served promptly and the chef in each should be congratulated, as all the different establishments are extremely good.

In fact everything about the hotel is reinforced by this wonderful work ethic from the staff which really makes you very welcome. The staff have an ability to be polite and immensely helpful without being intrusive. It is really very good style service.

The manager very much needs to be congratulated.

It is also a point to note that the Wi-Fi is free and there are no problems connecting nor are there any signal strength problems.

Whilst we was there I had the opportunity of seeing a number of guests coming and going whilst on holiday, and the friendliness of the welcome was more than evident. People manifestly enjoy staying at this hotel.

This hotel ranks must alongside one of the most high quality hotels in Dubai.

I thoroughly recommend this hotel. may not look like a Sail Boat, but much better

A bit of advise, if you are worried about your waist-line BEWARE!

3 Thank stevenpaula
Dear Steven,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with the Tripadvisor community.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your return visit to such extent and will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Rommel, Said, Vincent, Michael, Henry, Evans and the entire team.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my team. I have travelled all over the world and stayed in several hotels and found this hotel of my kind and enjoyed best hospitality. Fastest internet, specious Lobby for business meetings. Service excellent, ambience extremely nice, food in Chor Bazaar delicious and breakfast had so much variety, staff very friendly. service by one IT person Jojo was commendable.

Room Tip: If you look for a Suite, chose corner suite on each floor which is theme based suite.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Arjan M
Dear Arjan,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on your recent stay at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your visit to such extent, especially our internet service, hotel facilities, meeting facilities and our Chor Bazaar Restaurant. I will make sure to share your kind comments with Jojo and the entire team.
We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Dubai.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Everything just amazed me, from the hotel lobby infrastructure down to my elegant room.
It's also close to the shopping mall where you can be late doing shopping and the hotel is just next door. Food is fantastic, wide range area of buffet. Staff are very friendly, they always wear a polite smile every time they meet you. I will definitely stay here each time I'll be in Dubai. Hope to come back soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are having unique designs but room on High Floor has amazing theme.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Janet S
Dear Janet,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our room facilities, breakfast spread and our convenient location opposite the Ibn Battuta Mall. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with the entire team.