“Best Guest Service and Value for Money”

AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel
Ranked #111 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
alain
“Best Guest Service and Value for Money”
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Hotel is located close to all major places including International Airport, City Centre, Reef Mall , Hypermarkets etc.Rooms are spacious and Neat , with Clean Marble Bathrooms and all required amenities. Customer care and reception staffs are very friendly. Even the room service staffs were so helpful. I had requested for an Room arrangement for my Husband Surprise Birthday Celebration , To my Surprise the front desk Staffs Mr.Badawy and Ms.rose accepted my request and arranged for the celebration in my room.Ms.Rachel had supported to me to any Extent on making it happening. Ms.Jaqueline had given me options for late check out. So am giving a 5 star for their Kindness and support. I enjoyed the breakfast especially with Chef Dipesh's Cheese Omlettes. Overall the Stay is worth the Money given with best Guest Service .Swimming Pool is small for adults and looks crowded in off seasons as well, but there is a separate pool for Kids , Room for Improvement is Breakfast Options needs to be modified. I would recommend the Hotel .

Room Tip: Almost all rooms are Sound Proof, I didnt experience any annoying sound of Flights commented by our...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Anke G, General Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
It is a pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our team members were able to assist in making your husband’s birthday a memorable one. Your feedback is noted, and your praise in terms of guest services has been shared with all team members here at the hotel. Our Culinary Team has been briefed on your comment about breakfast for their reference and action.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Moevenpick Hotel Deira.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

I have now stayed here several times while working, and will be staying again in the future. It is a good, clean, efficient hotel, but it is the staff make this place shine!

I have to work very unusual hours often starting at 0300 in the morning, yet I consistently encounter staff that smile and go the extra mile to make sure I get a breakfast anyway. Abud is always there to make me a great coffee no matter the time, and the kitchen staff and maitre-De have ensured I get the soy milk request! Sam is always there with a morning greeting, Fredo up at the pool, and i have always had positive experiences with the front desk staff, Cha in particular goes out of her way to help - and she is not the only one.
Thanks guys, I work long hours and you have made it much more bearable.
See you all again soon!!

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Greg O
Anke G, General Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
It is great to read that we are consistent in our service delivery and I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We have shared your comments with the entire team here at the hotel. The team, myself and certainly Cha, Sam, Fredo, Abud are all looking forward to welcoming you soon again. Please do let us know if there would be anything else we could be of assistance. We shall be happy to oblige.
Oman
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Moevenpick Hotel Deira is relatively nice but I did not feel as 5 stars hotels. I will write up about reception, Room, fitness center and spa, restaurant and staff. Unfortunately I was so busy that I could not say much longer in hotel during my visit to Dubai . I have arrived quite late in hotel where my reservations was made ready. However Staff was so welcomed and warm. Although checking in was quite busy but staff has made my waiting nice. I stayed in Hotel for 1 week.

Reception or entrance was not so charming and frankly was not showing as 5 stars hotel. I was not so impressed with entrance decoration

I have selected none smoking room but I was shocked that room was smell filthy as of somebody have just smoke I have double check with reception if this is a smoking room or not. He has confirmed that room is for none smoking. Anyhow i have complained that room was smelled. Unfortunately room was intensively applied air refresher in side room just before my sleeping time. This is unacceptable for such 5 stars hotel. Next day thankfully course instruction has intervened and has requested hotel manager to replace room. Then I have new none smoking room.

New Room size was big enough for two person . it has setting area with big sofa but its view was not good at all. It was towards hotel internal area.TV screen was very big and nice. Bed was king size and very comfortable. Also bath was quite big and stylish and clean. All necessary bath Accessories were available. I did not like carpet it seemed quite old not new.

Breakfast was normal and acceptable but it was not new menu. It was not attractive at all. Foods quality was not outstanding and honestly launch was so normal and not attractive too. I have several breakfasts and launch and almost every time same menu no much change. Since I am very selective when it came to foods and I really have very high taste it is so hard to confines me with foods. Therefore I would really rank foods in this hotel is good or acceptable. I highly not recommend any one to take foods in this hotel.

This hotel was really located in almost main area of Deria and it is very close to two shopping center and airport. It is very close or attached to big supermarket. It is very near to one metro station. It is also close to several fast food restaurant. In general you will not need taxi you can used public transportation or walk.

GYM is very nice and big for such hotel but swimming pool was slightly small. Internet Wi-Fi is available in hotel without extra charge but it is very slow. One of slowest Wi-Fi I have ever used

In short I cannot believe it is 5 stars hotel. But if you left with no option it is ok I will rate 7 out 10. It is ok but not fabulous

Room Tip: Choose nice Suites standard room is no nice
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MohamedAlJilani
I was most concerned to learn about your disappointing stay experience with us and at the outset, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies.

The point raised in regards to your room allocation and the variety of food in Jigsaw has been noted and addressed with the respective Department Heads. Please rest assure that appropriate actions will be taken.

On a more positive point, I was glad the location of the hotel was convenient and in the overall, we were able to meet with your expectations.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, as such enables us to monitor and improve services and facilities we are offering. We hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again and be able to provide you a more pleasing experience in the not so distant future.
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I transited through Dubai a year ago and still recall the highlights of my one-night stay: humongous rooms with cavernous, marble-top bathrooms, friendly and efficient front desk staff, about 1-km walk to night market/outdoor restaurants on the riverside. Getting a taxi in the early morning required a bit of extra time/patience, due in part to the funky location of the off-street entrance, but check-out was seamless. I recommend staying here, but note there is a lot of competition for name-brand hotels close to the airport in the same price range.

Room Tip: Good luck getting a smoke-free room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SageAdvisor
Anke G, General Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Thank you for sharing your February 2012 stay experience with us. Your detailed description and feedback of our services is noted and we are pleased to read that on the overall we were able to meet with your expectations. Your comments and suggestions have been addressed with the Team here for their reference as well as actions. It would be our pleasure to be of service to you again in the not to distant future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We stayed here on a stopover for 2 nights and it was really very good. Close to the airport, so convenient, but the noise doesn't bother you in the rooms. Fabulous staff who make you feel like royalty. Nothing is a problem and all done with a smile. The rooms are big and luxurious and great beds. We slept like babies. Very good value and many thanks to all the staff.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mandy R
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are glad to read you have enjoyed your stay in the hotel. Your comment on the comfort of the beds and our fabulous colleagues is noted. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.
Haparanda, Sweden
Reviewed 22 January 2013

My family including children and grandchildren, together 8 persons had a great week in Dubai, January 14th to jan 21st 2013. Fantastic city and a fantastic hotel with serviceminded personel. Anything was possible, they made a special birthdaycake since my granddaughter had her 7th birtday during the week. They fixed tickets to Burj Khalifa and not to mention their helpfulness when getting transport/taxi for 8 persons. I can really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank AnnaGreta171
Michael N, General Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Dear AnnaGreta171,

Thank you for your kind review. The team was delighted to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us here at the Mövenpick Hotel Deira. We all hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again on your next visit to Dubai.

Warm Regards,

Michael Nugent
Washington
Reviewed 21 January 2013

When I arrived the Moevenpick Deira following a long and uncomfortable 16-hour flight, the hotel staff fumbled for fifteen minutes and then told me that they didn't have a room for me because a flight crew had unexpectedly extended their stay. They said they'd move me to a sister property. I was exhausted and not exactly happy, but I understand that problems sometimes emerge, and I said okay to the transfer. Of course, the extra travel through Dubai's rush hour further extended an already long two days of travel.

The sister property is The Moevenpick Hotel Apartments The Square. It isn't comparable to the Deira. It has a bathroom that I'd expect to find at a lower market Holiday Inn Express and has an unwanted kitchenette. It is a far cheaper property, the staff were rude upon my arrival (somehow implying that the inconvenience was my fault), my room is on the first floor, overlooking a busy road with loud traffic, and it's comicly sterile. To top it off, this property is a third cheaper than my original reservation, which I had booked and pre-paid through Hotels.com. They did not offer any refund or provide any gesture to mitigate the dislocation they imposed on my visit to Dubai. At the very least they should have offered to comp my dinner. Nothing but a snide, sneered comment about how they were trying to help me when they couldn't process my pre-paid reservation

This is my first and last time staying at a Moevenpick hotel. I usually stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek when I'm in Dubai. I've also stayed at the Meridien and Raffles. Those other hotels put the Moevenpick Square to shame.

Both the Deira and The Square should be embarrassed at their lousy treatment of their guests, and I recommend other travelers to look elsewhere in Dubai for accommodation. There are many excellent hotels in Dubai. This is not one of them -- based on customer service, alone.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank RoswellExpat
I am most concerned to learn about your disappointing stay experience with us and at the outset I would like, once again, offer my sincerest apologies for the shortfalls you experienced and any inconvenience caused.
Your e-mail to my attention was therefore greatly appreciated as it did give us a chance to apologize and rectify where required. I sincerely do hope you will make us of our offer and we do look forward in having an opportunity to regain your confidence in our services soon.