“dubai experience”

Ranked #350 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
tipperary ireland
“dubai experience”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

My husband and I travelled to Dubai at the end of January. We were embarking on a cruise of Persian Gulf. We were staying at the Fortune Grand on the First Night before boarding the liner. We arrived around 8.00 am after a long flight from Heathrow. Unfortunately no room was available to us at that time of morning but we were able to leave our luggage. We found staff in hotel to be very courteous and helpful.Room was small but adequate and situated in quiet area.The bed was so comfortable. The breakfast the following morning was of a very high standard with a very wide range of food. The hotel was located in the old town region of Dubai which meant that a taxi was needed to get to Dubai Mall . The underground was located quite near to hotel and we found this a fantastic method of transport. For a very few Dirhams you could travel all day and the pass could be used on buses as well. I have never felt as safe in any other place that I have travelled. Yes it was in the flight path to Dubai Airport but we did not hear any planes during night

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank fionnuala_7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Czech first
Islamabad, Pakistan
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I have visited with my family, I really liked the hotel itself, the staff was very good and helpful and rooms was extremely spacious and clean and food was very good. The hotel is very good for the money paid. Exactly what you need from a hotel. It's a Clean, functional and pretty pleasant hotel. We will go there again.

3 Thank Mish_Khan
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed in the last week of December there. It was a good stay that was quite affordable with nice food, cool environment, neat and clean rooms and helpful n energetic reception staff. All in all a good place to stay :-) ...

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Bareerah K
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Stayed in Dec 2011. Rooms were clean but reception staff very unhelpful. Food was very poor and very little choice. Couldn't sleep at night because directly over flight path, plus the rooms are over the night club and bars playing loud music until 3 am in the morning. We were really glad we were only staying there a couple of nights or would have checked out early.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from loud music (top floor)
3 Thank Julie F

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

oran
Reviewed 6 January 2012

It´s the worse 4 stars hotel i´ve ever been.. Chinese prprosritute are everywhere... There is a loud nightclub that will never let you sleep. And the worse of all is the food. Halfboard?! Dont eventhink about it .. Breakfast is not just terrible ..its a nightmare
the staff was hospitable and very nice to me

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Firstly, the rooms are very, very small! Don't let the pictures deceive you and don't let other reviews deceive you especially if you want your sleep. No kettle, iron and basic things such as towels. The cleanliness is terrible, the bath was clogged and dirty. Moved to 3 different rooms, all the baths smelt like sewer once you opened the tap. Breakfast was quite bad, no orange juice. Pineapple juice was very, very, very sour! They didn't clean up the tables and there's very limited space and limited food. Most of it had no taste and once they brought the orange juice it tasted like pure water with colourings! Pancakes were yellow and I don't even know how.

Rooms had only had one or two sockets and it had a alcohol. One MAIN thing is that I could hear music all the way from 9pm - 3:30am!!! THIS WAS THE MAIN PROBLEM! Couldn't go to sleep at all, we went from room 112 - 212 - 316 and these were all on the opposite side and the highest floor is 3 and we could still hear music very clearly! I didn't come to sleep in a night club! This provided terrible sleeping quality. That morning I found the manager and he was big help and moved us to a different hotel literally 2 minutes away and got a suite for no extra charge which is why I'll add 1 more star for the service.

However if I could rate the manager alone I'd rate him 5* as he helped out and found an alternative for us in less than 20minutes, got our bags and a car and left the terrible accommodation within seconds!

Room Tip: Do NOT come here for your own sake!
2 Thank Ahmed A
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I urge anyone and everyone not to go to this awful disgusting place. I have been putting up with hours and hours of music. We pay to stay in a hotel to sleep, yet we get no sleep whatsoever because there's a nightclub in the building which results in the whole building vibrating. I have a migraine now and have complained numerous times, yet haven't received anything! After complaining about the music many times we were told to just wait til 3am until the switch it off! This is outrageous. Words cannot describe how angry I am as I sit here in this shambolic hotel, yet I have to stay here as we have already paid 800 pounds for this!

The staff are extremely rude and have very very little understanding of english! I want a refund! THIS IS DISGUSTING!

The bath smells like sewage too and is absolutely filthy.

4 Thank loosi a