“Great Hotel”

Ranked #129 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Hamilton
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We arrived on an early flight and hoped to be able to leave our luggage until our room would be ready early afternoon but to our surprise they had our room ready within the hour. The room was top class, spacious and very comfortable. The service from all of the staff we came in contact with was fantastic. I highly recommend this hotel. If there was one thing that we were disappointed in, it was the fact that smoking is allowed in the bar, which we are not used to. We ordered our drink and had to drink it down quickly as the smoke was uncomfortable. But I guess if that is allowed by law then it is OK, We didn't go back for another drink.

However everything else was great, thank you for a wonderful few days.

Jim Archer
New Zealand

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JimArcherNZ
GM-PRKK, General Manager at Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Glorious Hamilton

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am glad that our people were able to get you into a room after your early morning flight arrival and that you enjoyed the service provided by them. With regards to smoking in the bar this is allowed in our Sports Bar but our Kris Bar on the 19th. Floor does have a non smoking section.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recommendation and if you are ever coming to Dubai and if I can be of assistance please contact me.

Scott Butcher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Elvis at the door invites you in, friendly guy! Reception is nothing special as you would of read of before. Rooms are top class internationally but low for dubais standard. Silent rooms, air con works well. VERY good sizes for even a basic room and the rooftop pool and gym is very good on a clear day. Cant go wrong if you get it for a good rate!

5 types of Pillows as well.

Burjuman station is down the road, do try the indian food place on the corner its cheap and properly authentic. KFC for the westerners is 1 minute away. catch a taxi everywhere

Finally their buffet is amazing.. especially on the special dinners that they have

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank lukianp
Dear Lukianp

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to see that Elvis looked after you, I will ensure that he is recognized accordingly. I also note that you enjoyed the buffets particularly the special dinner buffets.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to look after you again in the future and if I can ever be of any assistance in this regard please contact me.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This may seem as if it is not in the best position but if you are cruising it is perfect. It is near the Burjuman shopping mall where you can also board the hop on/hop off bus which is a great way to see round Dubai.The restaurant on the top floor is excellent with a wonderful view. Swimming pool on the roof also great but can get busy. Rooms clean and well appointed.

Room Tip: Pay a little bit more for a suite on higher floor (10 or above)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mickeyb186338
Dear Mickeyb186338

Thank you for your review of our Hotel it is appreciated. I was pleased to see that the location was suitable for you to join your cruise. I also note that you enjoyed the Kris Restaurant on the 19th. Floor.

I do hope that we may have the opportunity to look after you in the future and if I can ever be of any assistance in this regard please contact me.

Weybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here numerous times on business trips to Dubai.

The reception is not particularly inviting and the reception staff not very friendly. The concierge and door staff are the exception to this. Always smiling and very helpful.

I really like the rooms in this hotel. Nice and spacious. The air con is effective and really quiet.

The hotel gym is quite good, although the music was so loud I couldn't even hear my own through my headphones. It was like a nightclub!.

It's very close to a Dubai metro station, which can take you to the airport or one of the big malls, amongst other places.

It has a swimming pool on the roof, it's small but great if you want a quick dip to cool off.

The hotel is great for when staying on business. If I was going on holiday I would probably choose a better location with more facilities and a bigger pool.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Simmy700
Dear Simmy700

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Hotel again. I have noted your comment about Reception and the loud gym music and I will follow up on these. I am however pleased to see that our Concierge and Door people looked after you.

I notice that the purpose of your stay is to do business here in Dubai and if I can be of any assistance whilst you are here please contact me.

Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

It is evident that this hotel is well managed.From the moment my taxi pulled up outside right through to departure the staff and delivery of service was above and beyond what I expected .Certain other hotels can learn from this hotel.Rooms we're clean,and excellent quality,staff and service was outstanding.Will be returning as they have definitely got it right .

• Stayed April 2014
Dear SteveBamako

Thank you for your review it was really pleasing to see that our people went beyond what you expected and that you considered them to be outstanding. I will be duly recognizing them accordingly.

I see that from this experience that you will be returning to stay with us and if I can ever help please contact me.

Berkeley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here as a stop over for three nights on route home to UK from Australia.The location was perfect for us. They run a courtesy bus to the Dubai Mall which is where the burj calif is situated. We had pre-booked to climb by lift to the 124th floor this building the following day, which was just as well as there was a two day waiting list when we got there. after that plenty of time to shop before our bus back. Over the road from the hotel outside of the Burjuman Centre(another massive shopping mall) We picked up the big bus hop on hop off service which is an open top tourist bus with commentary, we have used these previously in Sydney and Hong Kong, and found it an enjoyable way to see the sites at your own pace. The hotel was good with large well appointed rooms, and all staff were excellent. We did not have time to try the Restaurant, as we also had a pre-booked Dow Cruise Dinner booked before our arrival. Mentioned that our Fridge was not working as we returned from a day out at 8.30pm, and within less than 30 minutes, a new fridge was delivered and fitted. We did not even have time to try out the swimming pool on the roof, but did take the other courtesy bus to the beach for a swim in the sea. They tried to suggest an upgrade to a suite, but I suggest you look at the room first, as ours was massive as it was. All round, this hotel suited our every need, and I would suggest it ideal for short stays such as ours. .

Room Tip: Have a look at what they offer before paying for an upgrade
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brian G
Dear Brian G

Thank you for your review. It is pleasing to see that our location suited your requirements and that our people looked after you. I also noted that all of your needs were satisfied.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed there a couple of times now and on each occasion it was the same.

Staff are very helpful.

Top floor restaurant has some good choices - the thai mango salad is amazing.

Location isn't great but not bad for the price paid.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear HP 185

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. I was pleased to see that our people looked after you. I have also noted your comments about the choices in our Kris Restaurant on the 19th Floor. I will also ensure that we do not take the Thai Mango Salad off the menu.

If I can ever be of any assistance when you are staying with us please contact me.