“An amazing upgrade and great service during Ramadan”

The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre
Ranked #54 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Tallahassee, Florida
“An amazing upgrade and great service during Ramadan”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stopped in DXB for a night before heading to Abu Dhabi the next day. Once again my favorite Ritz-Carlton did not let me down. Upon arrival I was whisked up to the Club level to check in. You can't beat enjoying a glass of champagne while having your check in handled.

I booked through the AMEX Fine Hotels and Resorts program and was provided and upgrade to a suite, which was massive. I'm assuming it was a double upgrade since you usually get a junior suite on the upgrade. I only wished I had been staying longer to enjoy it.

Wi-fi was included with the room along with a USD 100 credit which I used on a nice snack from room service. They're still serving the Laurent-Perrier champagne in the club lounge which I love.

During Ramadan breakfast is now served downstairs. I was not impressed and greatly prefer eating in the lounge where the service level is much higher. The lounge now opens at 1 during Ramadan.

I departed before 1 so I had to use the non-club concierge to arrange transport to Abu Dhabi and he was very helpful.

Room Tip: The hotel isn't very tall so the higher the better, ask for a view of the Millenium Gate.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed here in November 2012 on business and the hotel was exceptional in all regards.

My room was large with an extremely comfortable bed and there was more than adequate hanging space and shelving together with a desk area and wired internet. The bathroom, which was the same size as the bedroom, housed 'his and her sink basins' together with a wet room shower area and good sized spa-type bath. My room was spotlessly clean and whilst staying here I also used the dry cleaning and in-room dining services, both of which were up to standard. Rooms also have Nespresso coffee machines which work well once you understand how they work!

I was given a tour of the spa facilities when I arrived for my treatment and I recall there is an additional outdoor pool on the roof.

I noticed the hotel guests did seem to be there more on business rather than on holiday which I assume is this hotel's client base given its location.

Will definitely stay here again when in Dubai on business.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Tallinn
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We arrived with a group of ten for late evening "Sohour" meal in Ramadan time. A beautiful area was reserved for us outside in the Courtyard, nice music, beautiful surrounding, decent music and then started the lousy service. Nobody cared. Very stressed, unorganized, hurried and careless staff were serving to our order in a way we have not seen yet in a Ritz Carlton Hotel. When asking for cigars we were told that a waiter shall come with a selection and we waited more than half an hour but the Indian waiter never showed up again. When complaining about that and asking for a place within the Courtyard, the very snobbish, tall, Arabian "Outlet Manager" started arguing with us. Nevertheless we got our place and when asking for ashtrays we had to wait another five minutes but then waiters came and offered 6 of them. We took the bottles of water with us from the other table and when asking for glasses, we got one for the ten of us.
A disappointing evening in a beautiful hotel due to untrained, unfriendly not caring employees. Definitely not Ritz Carlton standard!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I had a chance to experience the stay in Ritz Carlton Dubai during a two day training trip. All I can say is that it was exceptional. All the staff that I have dealt with, were over friendly and extremely helpful. I have never had this kind of treatment in any other hotel so far.

Beside being in an excellent location, the hotel is super clean and the rooms are top notch. The food is great too.

This hotel should be rated as 8 stars.

riyadh
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We usually stay at the Ritz on Jumeriah, but last weekend went to the DIFC.

Great location, great food, good bar and close to every thing.

We ate at the Steak restaurant, superb, used the spa - dreamlike, drank in the bar, and had a ball

Fontainebleau, Ile-de-France, France
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Great hotel located 2 minute walk from DIFC which is manageable even in July. Many great restaurants are located in DIFC as well. Room service was good and having a coffee machine in the room is convenient.

Germany
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed 4 nights in April. We had a very spacious suit. The location is fantastic. You just walk out and there is a area where many restaurants and cafees are. Dubai Mall is very close. It has closed and roof-top swimming pools. We used both. Both were great. Food & service outstanding. There is a fantastic lounge, bar area where we spent time almost every night. Whenever we come to Dubai for business, Ritz will always be our frist choice!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business