“Everything you expect from a Ritz Carlton”

The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre
Ranked #52 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great choice for my business trip. The hotel is beautiful very elegant but not too pretentious. Check in was welcoming and greeted us with a refreshment and a wet towel. Rooms are nice and comfortable the staff at the executive lounge are very nice and helpful. The 24hr indoor pool and gym are great. would definitely come back again.

1  Thank Joseph B
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre

Reviewed 24 May 2014

If it were not for the very huge discount we got, I would have rated this hotel poor to average. The hotel is small for a Ritz Carlton, hidden between buildings (no view) and has limited facilities. Other than the awkward entry way, you would not feel like you are entering a RC hotel. My room was big with two double beds as the only available kings were smoking!!! As stated earlier, there was nothing to see from the large window covered with electrically controlled drapes. There were plenty of drawers for storing small items, but not enough space to put something large in there. Not an issue unless you are big on shopping like me.

The AC was cold which I very much like. But, the worst was trying to set up my laptop. There was not a single outlet available. I had to disconnect one of the lights to use the outlet. Then, I needed to find an outlet to charge my iPad and cellphones. That was not as big a struggle as there was one for the coffee maker. The next morning, my struggle was connecting the hairdryer close enough to any mirror. Even the outlet I used for the laptop was not close enough! Ah, I survived.

The breakfast was also not your usual RC spread. It was very limited variety wise and placed all over the restaurant making it hard to find what you want. As the place got crowded, I could not help run be run into by other people.

The best thing about the place were the helpful and friendly staff.

Overall, this was not your usual Ritz Carlton.

Room Tip: Nothing to say other than I will not stay there again.
1  Thank Arapino
LotharQuarzGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Mr Arapino,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments above. I wanted to express my concern and extend my sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. This gravely concerns me, as we aim to provide the very highest quality facilities throughout the hotel.

I am particularly sorry to hear that you will not stay with us again as I would very much like the chance to show you a true Ritz-Carlton experience, as well as more of the friendly and helpful service you enjoyed from our Ladies & Gentlemen. Should you allow us this opportunity, I would be delighted for you to contact me personally at lothar.quarz@ritzcarlton.com.

Best Wishes,
Lothar Quarz,

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I spent a couple of days in the Ritz on a business trip and upon check in, I was upgraded to an ambassador suite. The suite was spacious and I was also given immediate late check out. The internet was free and tv selection was excellent. The gym was easy to find and use. There are only a couple of improvement areas I saw:
Motion sensors in the room are annoying. If lay down or spend long time in the bath, all lights will go off.
Breakfast was not included in the rate ( a first for me in Dubai :). ). In addition, the breakfast restaurant did not have many options, a definite improvement area.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Have stayed at the RC on business several times - sometimes the rates are very reasonable , if not I will stay elsewhere. Breakfast is superb, outdoor bar is quite cool - but it's the standard of service and rooms that stand out. Zuma is close by which is always handy, as is Dubai Mall. The 2 RC Dubai hotels don't appear to have a close relationship - would be good if facilities could be shared.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Was expecting it to be a bit more plush in the interiors and details. Very average for a Ritz hotel. Also unlike most modern hotels no free wifi. Location is convenient & friendly staff. Works well for a business hotel not a holiday hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Lothar_Quarz, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Mihiri,
Thank you very much for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. First, I’m sorry that you did not enjoy the hotel décor. We always aim to provide the finest facilities to our guests. We have received many positive comments on design and in particular on our spacious rooms and unique bathroom concept, but I certainly value your comments for future updates. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service and convenient location. The Ritz-Carlton prides itself on the service provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen and I’m particularly delighted to hear when a guest has enjoyed it. Many thanks once again for your valued feedback, and I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel.
Best wishes,
Lothar Quarz, General Manager

Reviewed 13 May 2014

It was the perfect choice for us during our Easter break, perfectly located in DIFC and just walking distance from some of the best rated restaurants and coffee shops in Dubai. The Ritz Carlton has never failed to impress us with their tailored service and this time with a design-chic feel and ambiance felt and seen throughout the entire property. Some of the most appreciated room details during our stay was the built-in television in the bathroom mirror, the glass bathroom walls and the option to have a personalized deep soaking bathtub prepared in advance for you.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton DIFC over the course of 2 months in Oct-Dec 2013 and absolutely loved the service and location.

Location for DIFC is hard to beat. You are near so many high quality restaurants of various cuisines within the hotel and within the DIFC. The metro is also a slight walk away.

Service is impeccable. They were really accommodating of my requests for storing laundry and luggage when I was away and the staff always went out of their way to make your stay welcome. When I had a problem with my hotel points, Katrin, the hotel manager was very helpful in sorting that out.

Rooms were very new and nice - However, I preferred the DIFC view rather than facing the inside.

Food - The steakhouse was excellent and the Thai restaurant was pretty decent. If I could improve something it would be the breakfast options however. It was not as plentiful as I would have expected.

I also stayed at the Shangri-La in Dubai for a couple of weeks and I can say that the Ritz Carlton DIFC was far far superior in almost all aspects.

Room Tip: Ask to not face the inside view of the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business