“Excellent new hotel from Jumeirah” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jumeirah Zabeel Saray

Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Ranked #44 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Rotterdam
“Excellent new hotel from Jumeirah”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

In February we visited Jumeirah,s latest hotel in Dubai , Zabeel Saray which is located on the Palm Jumeirah. The hotel has various rooms and villas. The top floor of the hotel is the Imperial Suite floor where we booked for an Imperial one bedroom suite. The hotel is setup in turkish style and has several very good restaurants among which the already polular Amala Indian restaurant.The rooms are very spacious and offer all luxury we have been used to in other Jumeirah hotels as Al Qasr and Burj al Arab. There is one infinity pool and a very extensive spa which offers a hamam as well. The Vodka bar is a very popular bar during weekends with DJ music and a lot of people from outside coming to party. The sunbeds are very comfortable and there is sufficient staff to attend to all the needs. For us only one small minor to this hotel is the location on the left side of the Palm which requires a little more traveltime, however this hotel is very much worth it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgement of our opulent architecture and exquisite facilities.

In regard to your feedback on the location of our hotel on Palm Jumeirah, while you may find the location to be a disadvantage, many of our guests often compliment this feature as a ‘perfect retreat’. We do offer complimentary shuttle services at regular intervals to our sister properties Mina A’Salam and Wild Wadi Waterpark, as well as the Mall of the Emirates which are just located 20 minutes away from the Resort.

Thank you once again for recommending Jumeirah Zabeel Saray on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Stephan Schupbach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,253)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
noord holland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

My friend and i had à beautiful stay in The zabeel saray. The hotel and The employees are very good so are The restaurants.  However we have some remarks.

IT seems that The hotel is booked by à german tour operator lodging their guests for one of two nights in The hotel. Every day New groups are arriving. Quite honestly they are not The guests you would expect in this kind of hotels. Drinking beer in the morning, filming in the hamman etc. At The Same time we have heard that The Costs they pay for à one week roundtrip are almost The Same as the costs we pay for one night only.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank belcantoNoordHolland
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent holiday with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly our culinary fare and our opulent facilities.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the very near future.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Myself and a friend were in dubai in January 2012 and we decided to see this great hotel and experience the spa etc.

(Did you know this hotel is featured in Mission Impossible 4?
They shot the Indian scene in this hotel.)

anyway,we used the spa,it was opulent,beautiful and just great,i went for a massage and i must say the treatment room was cold,so i asked to move to another room which was equally cold,maybe this is a thing to note,its not a major point but needs to be sorted

The Spa is Gorgeous and wellworth a visit just to experience it

We then decided to head for lunch at the outdoor restaurant by the beach,beautiful view but service was bad to be honest,a waiter came and put glasses on our table and then in the middle of our meal,he took them away to put them on another table of which he was setting up,good training there!

the staff here were all over the place and didnt have a clue what was happening,there was 4 tables taken and still with around staff around,they still struggled

To finalize,beautiful hotel,Opulant and well worth visiting.Would i stay here for the huge money they are asking,probably not!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank dubai30
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgement of our opulent architecture and facilities.

We truly value your opinion, as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence.

It was with great concerns that I read your comments with regards to the service shortfalls you experienced while dining at our beach restaurant Plaj as well as the temperature of our treatment rooms at our Talise Ottoman Spa, for which I wish to personally apologized. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and shared with the relevant colleagues involved, for immediate action and remedial improvement. I truly hope you will regard such experience as an isolate case rather than the norm, and not a representation of the high standard Jumeirah is renowned for.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, allowing us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

An absolutely amazing experience, opulence is an understatement. From checking in, which I did seated in an extremely comfortable chair with orange juice and warmed towel on hand, to checking out. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, all of whom were very polite, friendly and smartly dressed. The hotel and beach were immaculate and the grounds as a whole were constantly being attended to. My suite was beautiful and very comfortable, as for the bathroom....
I would recommend this hotel to anyone without a moments hesitation and I think I will have difficulty finding anywhere else quite like it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Ktood
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent holiday with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor and for recommending our hotel.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly our high level of customer service and our opulent facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have to admit that I was severely disappointed in this hotel. I had such high hopes for this property, and perhaps my expectations simply could not meet up to reality, but there were some fairly significant low-lights of this part of our trip.

Upon arrival, they offered my mother a wheel-chair as she was having a bit of difficulty walking. I thought the staff upon arrival were fantastic, and I offer my most heartfelt thanks for their service. Our experience thereafter is where things started to deteriorate. We did not request a handicapped room, nor did they ask us if we wanted one, so I was a bit surprised upon walking in to a room with a handicapped bathroom. We asked to be moved, as my mother was actually a bit concerned that the handicapped bathroom would be more dangerous for her to slip and fall because the entire floor would get wet if one took a shower. I appreciate the sensitivity to seeing a guest in a wheelchair and the thoughtfulness behind the gesture, but I think that reception staff should ask guests about handicapped rooms prior to allocating them rather than making that decision themselves.

Additionally, I thought the view from the room was horrific. Having stayed at the One&Only Palm last year, I had a very clear idea of what to expect from the views, as the properties are neighbors. However, our balcony had a probably 10-foot stretch of grass/patio in front of it, rendering the view pretty much null and void unless standing up and looking over the balcony. I have to say that my expectations were crushed at this point. The One&Only is probably my favorite place in the world, and I was hoping for a similar, yet slightly different, experience here...only to be let down. I would also like to point out that this is the only time I have ever complained about a room, and I think that the bulk of positive reviews written by me show that I am not a particularly prickly or sensitive traveler.

After a few phone calls and much waiting, we were finally offered a room one floor higher. At the elevator on the floor of our first room, the staff member sent to accompany us to our new room greeted a Russian guest who walked up towards the elevator. Imagine my surprise when she brought us down with him to the first floor before taking us to our room, making us feel like second-class guests. I literally could hardly close my mouth, I was in such awe and shock of her rudeness. I can appreciate solidarity amongst fellow countrymen, but that was beyond inexcusable. However, I will note that when I described this incident to the manager on duty (Stephanie, I believe her name was), she was extraordinarily apologetic and handled the situation as well and professionally as could possibly be handled.

Needless to say, I was not amused by our experience up to this point, but I was hoping for a fresh start the next day. To be honest, the quality of the rooms is quite nice, and the bathroom (other than the handicapped one) was out-of-this-world beautiful, but I found the decoration to be too dark for the Palm. It would have been nice to have a brighter decoration to create that "beach-like" resort feeling, but I admit that this is simply a matter of taste/preference, so I can hardly fault them for that. To be fair, maybe the hotel never stood a chance against my experience at the One&Only, but I was hoping it would.

The interior hallways outside the rooms are pretty dark and feel very confining, but the common areas were stunning, and the reception area, bars and restaurants were all jaw-dropping (in a good way). I also found the pool and beach area to be visually pleasing. However, there was a sense of hustle and bustle about the place that really turned me off. For me, staying on the Palm versus staying on the mainland is about relaxation, luxury and getting away from it all. To me, Zabeel Saray felt crowded, busy and hectic. From the shops lining the hallways on the main level to the hordes of central and eastern-European tourists pushing their way past you, this hotel was anything but relaxing for me. Even the breakfast buffet became somewhat of a nightmare. Although the food quality was spectacular, and the Imperium restaurant certainly was gorgeous, the low class behavior of the breakfast crowd made you feel like you were at some cheap resort in Mallorca. It was such a shame to have to weave in and out to avoid being run over by these large groups traveling together. Obviously, the behavior of hotel guests is not the fault of the Zabeel Saray, but I would avoid staying there solely for the reason that these types of tourists are drawn to the hotel for whatever reason, at least during our stay.

I would also have to say that they should look into hiring new staff or training the existing ones better. Perhaps I am a bit biased, but I find that the level of customer service offered by eastern Europeans tends to fall a bit flat when compared to other cultures. Other than the staff member mentioned above, no one was overtly rude, but no one was particularly pleasant either. The one exception would be the bellmen; they were all courteous. At every place I have stayed, I can remember at least one person who really made an impression on me, whether it be the hostess at breakfast or even a member of housekeeping, but that was not the case here. I hate being fawned over, but there was a certain surly nature to the staff that made you a bit apprehensive about approaching them to ask a question. Even something as simple as offering to take a picture: at every place I have stayed, if a staff member saw you taking pictures of each other, they typically would offer to take one of the both of you. Certainly, this is not a requirement, but it is a reflection on the personality of the staff member and their aptitude for customer service, as well as a reflection of the training provided by management. Here, you were greeted all around with blank, sedated stares.

It is such a pity that I feel this way, as I feel like the hotel has a fairly solid foundation, but I do not think I would ever return to this property, and I could not, in good conscience, recommend this hotel to anyone else, especially travelers seeking calm, serenity and a pleasant beach experience. The staff certainly need a good looking into by Jumeirah to make sure their performance is consistent with Jumeirah standards.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room on level 1 and make sure your room is near the center of the building to avoid...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank DCTraveler1979
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve. It is of course with great concern that I have learnt your recent experience did not meet your expectations.

Rest be assured that your feedback has been discussed with the relevant managers and your comments have been taken very seriously and addressed in order to deliver the high standards of timely and quality service delivery, that Jumeirah is renowned for.

Thank you for your acknowledgement of our opulent architecture of our Restaurants, Bars and the Reception area as well as the Pool and Beach area to be in good upkeep and visually pleasing.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I do hope we are able to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

This holiday is going to be a hard act to follow. We stayed in an absolutely beautiful 4 bed villa at Zabeel Saray. This is our third visit to Dubai and definitely the best! We have stayed at many fabulous hotels across the world but this one has excelled every expectation. This holiday was to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and we did it in style. We were presented with flowers and a delicious cake and were made to feel really special. We paid a bit extra for the club room and it was worth every dirham. The food was delicious, particularly the afternoon tea! Special thanks to our butlers, Simon and Olena for treating us so well. Also all the club room staff who were excellent. The sign of a great holiday, we didn't want to leave!

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank Stevie54
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share such a complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly our high level of customer service, culinary fare and opulent facilities.

I am also pleased to note that you recalled the names of some of our colleagues who impressed you by their attention and professionalism. Thank you for recognizing Simon and Olena from our Butler team at the Royal Residences as well as our colleagues at the Club Lounge. It is with great pleasure that I am able to recognize them for their efforts to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay with us. I do hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

Sussex England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed in one of the Royal Residence villas for six nights during February.

Our villa was positioned around a huge swimming lagoon with direct access from the lounge patio or from the private courtyard. The entrance to the villa was via the courtyard which also had access to a double garage. Separate from the main villa, a double bedroom suite with ensuite bathroom also had its entrance from the courtyard. The villa itself had four double bedrooms, each with ensuite bathrooms on the first floor. On the ground floor was a huge lounge area, a full kitchen and single bedroom with ensuite shower room. Each villa has a full time butler on duty to care to your needs.

It would be an excellent base for a large family or group as it provides accommodation for eleven guests over six bedrooms.

Should you wish to relax on the beach rather than in your private courtyard, Royal Residence guests have their own beach area separate from the main hotel guests. This area of beach has plenty of space between the sun bed groups giving you a good amount of privacy.

The main hotel, with its outstanding interior, has a varied choice of restaurants and bars, a cinema, and very large health spa.

This resort destination is, as always, a fabulous Jumeirah location offering the excellent service which one always receives from this quality hotel group.

Room Tip: The Royal Residences are an excellent choice for a family vacation.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank CBandPW
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent holiday with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor and for recommending our Royal Residences.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly our high level of customer service, culinary fare and our opulent facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.