“Simply outstanding!!!!”

Ranked #48 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Stoke-on-Trent
“Simply outstanding!!!!”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Just arrived home from an 8 day stay at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and I cannot find enough superlatives to express what a fabulous hotel this is.
This was my 6th visit to Dubai and the last 2 visits we stayed at the Al Qasr. I thought that hotel was wonderful but the Zabeel Saray is in a different class.
We travelled as a group of 3 ladies and were originally booked in a twin room with 2 double beds. The hotel very kindly upgraded us to a family room with 2 separate bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
On arrival we were met with cool towels and drinks and after a long journey, simply could not take in the grandeur of the hotel lobby.
Our room was beautiful but unfortunately just as we were ready to go to bed we had a really bad flood from the air conditioning unit in 1 of the bathrooms. After a call to reception a maintenance man duly arrived and after 10 minutes said we were now ok and the problem fixed. He left but we could still not get the air con to work. Too tired to care we went to bed but the room was very hot.
The next morning I went to the Concierge desk and reported it again.
That evening I had to report it again.
The next morning, after a really unpleasant night, I went to Reception and asked to speak to someone. Ishan Maken came out to see me and after giving him chapter and verse regarding the problem, he insisted we should be moved rooms.
He then offered me a 2-Bedroom suite on the 5th floor and took me to see it to see if it was 'satisfactory'. Wow, wow, wow...it was unbelievable! Later that day the staff came and moved all our belongings and I cannot thank Ishan enough for the help he gave to me.
We stayed on the HB package and it was incredible value with fabulous food.
All the restaurant staff were lovely and friendly and special mention to Cecile who was a delight to speak to.
We decided to swap 1 of our evening meals for the Al Qasr so I could show my friend how lovely it was. What a disappointment!! The food was very limited and not good. The standard of dress was awful and I draw the line at children in a restaurant wearing their pyjamas!!
I was so upset I filled in a satisfaction survey and asked for a response but I have not had one as yet.
The standards have really slipped there.
During our trip we visited the Jumeirah at Etihad Towers hotel in Abu Dhabi...........gorgeous!!
The St. Regis at Abu Dhabi.......smart but a bit out of the way.
The Burj Khalifa for ladies night at At.mosphere on the 122nd floor.......amazing!!!
The Burj al Arab for afternoon tea..........fabulous!!
Mina Al salam for Brunch.......sorry but only average.
Atlantis.....wondrous but very much a family hotel.
It didn't matter which other hotels we visited we came back to the Zabeel Saray and all agreed it was definitely our favourite by far.
Comments made by previous visitors as to the fact that it is a journey on and off the Palm........... all I can say is that we found it a bonus. It was great to escape the madness and the traffic of central Dubai. Plus the taxis are cheap so it really isn't a problem.
On departure Ishan and the Deputy Manager Rahul came out especially to see me to check we had enjoyed the stay. It was a really nice touch.
We didn't just enjoy our stay we absolutely LOVED it and would stay again in a heartbeat.
My dream job would be to work for the Jumeirah group as a mystery traveller going from hotel to hotel checking on standards. I would definitely find no problems at the Zabeel Saray!!
Watch out rival hotels............this hotel will soon be at Number 1.

Room Tip: The fifth floor was fabulous with great views.
3 Thank jostarStoke-on-Trent
, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your loyalty to Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts and for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor and to compare Jumeirah Zabeel Saray so favorably to other hotels you have stayed at or visited on your recent visit to the United Arab Emirates.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly our high level of customer service, culinary fare and opulent facilities.

I am also grateful to receive your comments on where you feel we could improve and rest assured we have shared your feedback with our team for immediate and remedial improvements.

Stephan Schupbach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,296)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
buenos aires
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel, We coming on Friday morning. We were in the pool and then decided to go to the SPA, not knowing it would be the decision that completely ruined our trip.
We had brought a professional SLR-type camera with two lenses of high value.
Once we entered the Spa we keep all our belongings in the lockers with electronic combination of security provided by the hotel inside.
After 60 minutes we returned from the pool, opened the locker and found that our belongings were gone.
Immediately call security, until they came and we realized we had broken the door of the locker. No one who works there, said he saw someone suspicious and no one saw anything. Security and director Paul Hawco SPA said they would investigate all the cameras they have in the hotel and we call that night or the next day morning.
With no call, we went to the reception in the evening and we reiterate our claim. We responded that managers had been withdrawn and that the next day we would have an answer in the morning.
The response of the Executive Assistant Manager - Mr Rahul Sharma, was that he was sorry it happened, but the hotel did not took care of the fact, that in return gave us 2 nights free.
We called the police, came to the hotel, saw the whole fact, coincided with that robbery was real, and ended an afternoon in Dubai Commissioner declared.
Back at the hotel, we find that the manager Rahul Sharma had changed his mind for making the police report and we had to pay the hotel every night anyway.
Conclusion, a hotel don´t back, not recommend and totally UNSAFE.

7 Thank tatoBuenosaires
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray on Trip Advisor.

We regret the unfortunate incident of the reported missing camera and assure you that the Hotel Management is working with the Dubai Police to fully investigate this incident.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback and we appreciate your patience whilst the investigations are completed by Dubai Police.

Yours sincerely

Christophe Mousset
Hotel Manager
Hampshire
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Only home 5 days and booked again for September as we cannot wait to spend another 7 nights in pure luxury heaven at our No I Dubai hotel, experiencing all the delights it has to offer. The highly professional and exceptional friendly staff are the most welcoming we have ever had the pleasure to meet and always ensure our holidays are nothing less than perfect.

The very luxurious Junior and Imperial Suites are immaculate and have everything you need and more. Housekeeping services are more than 5* attending to every minor detail. I have never enjoyed a freshly cooked breakfast in such opulent surroundings as the Club Lounge, where the highly efficient team provide culinary delights throughout the day and Joseph makes a great cocktail.

Zabeel is simply breath taking with an amazing Spa, world class restaurants serving the best food I have ever tasted. Voi is exquisite and very special producing the most beautifully presented dishes full of delicate flavours in the most elegant sophisticated, spacious dining room . The Indian curries and tasters in Amala are full of spices to suit your pallet and it is well worth trying as many dishes as you can – the hotter the better.

The whole Zabeel experience is out of this world, thanks to the fantastic Jumeirah team who make your stay unforgettable.

6 Thank LuxuryOnly4Me
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly our high levels of customer service, culinary fare and our opulent facilities.

Thank you for recognizing our colleagues from our Club Lounge who impressed you by their attention and professionalism. It is with great pleasure that I am able to recognize them for their efforts to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

I am also delighted to read that you will be returning to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and to continue ensuring your stays with us impress you and provide such fond memories.

Christophe Mousset
Hotel Manager
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I stayed at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray between June 10-23, 2012. I typically stay at 5 star properties worldwide. The Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is truly the finest hotel I have ever visited. Unparalleled beauty and distinctive attention to the personal care of it's guests is what makes this hotel a cut above all the rest.

The Ottoman inspired architecture and authentic design is breathtaking in sheer beauty. The extensive variety of first class restaurants featuring international offerings is second to none.

The most impressive attribute to this upscale property remains in the management team and staff. Consistent professionalism, genuine sincerity, and a sense of pride was demonstrated by the finest staff, that I have ever experienced at a premiere luxury resort. I felt as if I was among family, and they went above and beyond to ensure my stay was productive, enjoyable and very memorable.

Jumeirah has once again set the benchmark for superior guest experiences, thanks to their impeccable people. For example, Sunil who handles the flow of private cars and taxis is the first point of contact for guests, and an excellent ambassador for the Jumeirah Zabeel brand. Just an outstanding and professional individual. Sandra and Ann at the reception provided a seamless checking/out experience. Shukur and Reynold at the concierge desk are the consummate pros and took are of organizing wonderful excursions and experiences for my family, when I was too busy to do it on my own. The staff in the business center, namely Mina was exceptional and took care of my administrative needs. Mansour at service one expressed sincere enthusiasm to assist and endeavored to provide the best service possible. Amro from in room dining was fantastic and very knowledgeable about the food, hotel services and the UAE in general. Dhan in housekeeping has such a tremendous work ethic and was determined to make us comfortable and feel at home. Sophie at the Imperium was so knowledgeable about the offerings, and unbelievably helpful and sweet. Sumayah and Saloma at the Talise spa were absolutely wonderful and exceptional at what they do.

Believe me, I could go on and on. The point is that the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is an extraordinarily beautiful resort, fit for royalty. However, what truly makes them exceptional is their outstanding people!

MZ

Room Tip: Room 206 is lovely and perfect.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Maysoon Z
, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for recognizing our colleagues who impressed you by their attention and professionalism. It is with great pleasure that I am able to recognize them for their efforts to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay.
Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay with us. We look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

London
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I'm staying here at the moment having stayed on the Madinat for about 6-7 years. Initially I was a little worried there wasn't the millions of restaurants and bars however I've been really pleasantly surprised with everything. Although it's a bit cheesy it's small but perfectly formed and actually quite refreshing everything being so close together. I however have to say as friendly as the service is its not at the usual Jumeriah high standards. The room service is quite frankly terrible, the service at the restaurants a little misguided and even little things like my shower didn't work or was not fixed for the 1st two days and the phone in my room still doesn't work. I'm not sure i'll choose here over the Dar Al Maysaf but that's not to say it's not perfectly nice, just not at that level.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hugh W
Dear Guest

Thank you for your loyalty to Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts. I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor from this visit.

I am also grateful for the areas you have identified where you feel we could improve and noted the several opportunities to enhance our services. Rest assured your feedback has been shared with our management team to focus on improvements and deliver the type of service which you have come to expect from a Jumeirah Hotel.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

poole
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights at the end of May. Upgraded to a Junior Suite. We had a fantastic stay and everything as usual (2nd visit was fab). All the staff are brilliant and so helpful. A special mention to the big chap who works the Taxis outside - he greets you with a lovely smile and is such a nice guy (hope he is still going to the gym!!) - I am sure he will know who I mean. A special thank you to Rahul Sharma for sorting everything out and taking care of us - such a nice gentleman and so so helpful and cannot do enough for you. I will definitely get in touch with him on my 3rd stay next May. Well done all of the staff and the Manage should be very proud of them all.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor and pool view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sue63
Dear Guest

I am so happy to read of your loyalty to our Resort and would like to personally thank you for continuing to choose Jumeirah Zabeel Saray above the many options available in Dubai.

Thank you for taking the time to share such a complimenting review from your stay with us and for your kind acknowledgement of our exquisite facilities, culinary fare and excellent service .

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you for recognizing our colleagues Patrick and Rahul who impressed you by their attention and professionalism. It is with great pleasure that I am able to recognize them for their efforts to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

I am also delighted to read that you will be returning to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to your second home, and to continue ensuring your stays with us impress you and provide such fond memories.

Hampshire
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Thrilled and very excited to be back at the genuinely friendly, homely and absolutely gorgeous JZS perfectly located in a peaceful setting on the Palm. I was simply blown away when I entered our luxurious Imperial One Bedroom Suite, a chocolate “crown” cake, complete with white chocolate tiara was a wonderful surprise together with red rose petals decorating the king size bed in the shape of a crown – a welcome fit for a queen* Flowers, fruit and a hand written welcome card made us feel so special and we knew immediately we would enjoy another flawless stay at the helm of Jumeirah.

We were thoroughly spoilt in the Club Lounge again, appreciating breakfast and lunch cooked daily by Chef Sudeep, who attended to my dietary requirements perfectly. Our every need anticipated by Neia and the friendly Club Lounge team was a joy . I highly recommend upgrading to these benefits even if you are staying in a Luxury Room, you will be so impressed.

Wagyu bourguignon at Imperium, Amala for award wining Indian cuisine and 5 nights at my favourite Voi was sheer perfection. Octavian and Quentin were attentive, informative and personally selected our meal one evening which was exquisite. The Voi is truly the jewel in Jumeirah’s crown serving world class French Vietnamese cuisine.

Abbas and his smiling team will kept us rehydrated on the beach with buckets of ice water, every member of staff ensure you have a faultless relaxing stay, are very professional, but above all make you feel you are part of the warm Zabeel family and we cannot wait to return again and again.

Thank you for another brilliant stay JZS you are simply THE BEST

* * * * * * * *

6 Thank WorldClassOnly
Dear Guest

Thank you for your loyalty to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for taking the time to share such a complimenting review and for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your visit.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for highly recommending our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am also very pleased to know that you will definitely return to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.