“Great return visit”

Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Ranked #55 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 8 March 2014

3rd time at the Zabeel Saray, this time for a day at the beach.
Lovely service, provide you with free water, ice cream and other snacks.

Special thanks to Sunil, for making this trip special as always.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rahimshah86
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent visit of Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgements of our high level of customer service.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Jumeirah Zabeel Saray

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This hotel is quite magnificent in its decor and opulence.

The reception area is stunning. And the rooms are large well furnished and luxurious. Ours was a king deluxe sea facing so we looked out away from the palm with the magnificent Dubai marina tower blocks to our left. Located on the outer ring of the palm the hotel is positioned so that the sun rises and falls at the front of the hotel. (The side our room looked out on).

This means the pool area which is superb can suffer from shade as the sun dips behind the hotel. Due to the fact the sun sets at the front it means the sunbeds on the beach all face away from the sea towards the hotel. This seems a little odd at first especially as your head is lower than your feet but you get used to it. The sea is very still and flat within the palm and the beach is a little hard underfoot. Almost as though the sand has been put on top of a hardcore road. Ideally more sand needs to be brought in to make the beach more pleasant. It feels a little false which obviously it is.

The staff are great all very pleasant and accommodating. Particularly Reynald Jiminez, the tema leader Concierge. The beach and pool staff are particularly good. We had a room on the fourth floor anything lower and you won't have much of a view because there is a large garden area on the first floor that stretches out to the front obscuring the ground. There is a small airport at the front of the hotel that services the Dubai marina so you get some minor noise as these planes take off and land however, there were not too many flights during our stay so it wasn't a problem in fact it is quite interesting seeing them land on the jetty about a mile away. This is a superb hotel and I would go again but you have to bear in mind you need a taxi or car to get anywhere on the palm or off it. The palm is an unbelievable feat of man conquering the sea but it is surprisingly big you couldn't walk off it so be prepared to plan your evenings if you want to eat outside the hotel.

From the beach side you can see the hotel Atlantis which is a slightly over the top majestic sight. We ate at the Seafire steakhouse restaurant at the Atlantis it was superb. The service and food was great...but very expensive we had a shared starter and dessert and two fillets with one glass of wine and a few bottles of lager and it cost over £185 plus taxis on top.

We also had a pre-dinner drink at Nobu the Japanese restaurant the bar is really cool and classy the restaurant looked good and was very busy. You should book these if you want to go to be sure of a table. In the Sabeel Saray the only criticism I would have is that all of their feature restaurants are similar in the the style of food they offer, Turkish, Lebonese, French Asian and Indian. I think this hotel really lacks a good European style restaurant such as an Italian or a steakhouse.

There is the buffet in the Imperium which is OK but buffet is not an ideal way to spend an evening meal, the Plaj on the beach is great for breakfast but that it. We ate at the Lalezar which was really disappointing, the food was dry and bland and the service was poor. The restaurant itself looked fantastic, but they tried to seat us in a side section that was totally lacking in atmosphere, why I don't know, because the main part of the restaurant was empty, anyway we asked to be seated outside, after some insistence they found us a table and it was a real letdown.

The Ottoman theme was not carried on out onto the outer dining areas, (which is the same for all of the restaurants) so you could have been eating anywhere. It totally lacked atmosphere and on top of that the food was poor. So we ate out of the hotel on every other night. Although this hotel is spectacular it is a little quiet and boring at night, the restaurants all looked pretty empty of guests and the evenings felt a little flat.

However, I would still recommend this hotel. As part of the Jumeirah group you can eat at any of the other hotel restaurants in the group and the hotel offers a shuttle bus to the Mina A Salam, where you can eat, drink and visit the Souk, and Al Qsar hotel. We did this twice and had a great evening out on both occasions. In fact, we have recently stayed at the Mina A Salam and if I could stay at the Sabeel Saray or the Mina A Salam for similar for a similar price I personally would choose the Mina A Salam, mainly for the better night life and the amount do bars and restaurants all to hand. Plus the beach is better, but I don't want to put anyone off the Sabeel Saray it is good but I prefer the Mina A Salam. We also had a great night at the Dubai Marina where we ate at the Toro Toro restaurant at the Grosvenor House Hotel, this was excellent a tapas style dining experience, worth a visit, and you can do the Marina Walk which is great, all the tower blocks are lit up and look very impressive.

So to sum up, I would go if you have the chance it is a quite stunning hotel, it's very family friendly, particularly the pool area for families with small children, the staff are excellent and the whole place excludes quality. The location is a downer as you need to get a taxi everywhere (but on the upside the taxis are cheap), and finally the hotel restaurants are too similar, but overall the good points far outweigh the bad.

I would go back, but only if I couldn't get in the Mina A Salam for the same kind of money.
Sent from my iPhone

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brendan D

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgements of our opulent hotel, exquisite facilities and high level of customer service.

I am also grateful for your feedback on our culinary offering and rest assured your feedback has been shared with the team for immediate action and remedial improvement. I am also glad to share with you that our famed Rib Room steakhouse restaurant will soon open here at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in Q4 this year and promises another culinary destination for all guests and residents.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and for recommending our Resort on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I spent 3 days here towards the end of February as part of our 25th Anniversary celebration which included a few days in the Maldives and Ras Al Khaimah. Being Jumeirah frequent guests, the JZS was our choice for this special visit. We had heard so much about the Talise Ottoman Spa and just needed to indulge. Resort property and accomodation is magnificent and like being in a beautiful museum. The lobby has that wow factor and everything very luxurious in keeping with the Turkish inspired decor. We were warmly greeted by Emanuel who sorted out our check in formalities and unfortunately we're not upgraded to a king bedded room as requested due to high occupancy. Still our large room which had 2 double beds was extremely comfortable , airy and luxurious. The bathroom was divine especially the large marble tub.Fruit was provided as well as Arabian sweets on arrival but there was no welcome bottle of sparkling juice that I'm so used to receiving whenever I visit the other Jumeirah properties in Dubai.. Jumeirah always acknowledges their returning frequent guests so this was surprising.
Nevertheless the opulence and splendor of the hotel and tremendous sleep quality made up.
We spent most of our day at the poolside and I must say the infinity pool is absolutely wonderful with a beautiful view of thePalm and beyond.
The food as always is divine and breakfast abundant to cater for all palates.
The highlight most certainly was a visit to the Ottoman Spa where we both booked Hammam treatments as well as used the other facilities. It was absolutely divine and the setting reminiscent of a luxurious Queens' Harem of old times. I felt extremely indulged and so relaxed.. Absolute bliss. The Spa staff were extremely polite and always welcoming.
Just one annoyance was encountered at the Al Dukan gift shop situated on the mezzanine level where I purchased numerous gift items . Unfortunately the sales lady at the till didn't seem to know how to process the transactions and kept me waiting for 3 hours in which I kept returning to see my items still not charged for. I don't think she was adequately trained , something that is very surprising at Jumeirah resorts.This delayed our departure as our transport to our next stop in Ras al KhAimah was delayed by an hour . However despite this I still throughly enjoyed every other aspect of our stay and will certainly be back. Jumeirah has a stunning jewel in its crown.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zabo

Dear Guest

I appreciate your loyalty to Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts and would like to thank you for choosing to spend your 25th Anniversary with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray above the many and very good options available in Dubai.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts are renowned for, and I am delighted we have been successful in achieving this during your stay, particularly our Awards winning Talise Ottoman Spa and well recognized restaurants.

I am also grateful for your feedback with the delay at our Al Dukan gift shop. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and shared with the relevant colleague involved, for immediate action and remedial improvement.

Again thank you and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This was a fantastic hotel, the surroundings are amazing, the beech just metres from the hotel but above all the staff are so friendly and cannot do enough for you. Every detail is accounted for and the food was great too. Really glad we stayed half board or the prices could add up but great value. Fabulous stay....oh and not forgetting the most amazing spa and the biggest bath tub I have ever seen!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Louisab47

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

I appreciate your kind acknowledgement of our exquisite facilities and excellent service that Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts are renowned for, and I am delighted we have been successful in achieving this during your stay. Our unique Ottoman theme is one a kind and it is pleased to read you enjoyed every part of it, including our oversized bathtubs.

My team and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

When we thought of a holiday in dubai with my family, it was hard for us to choose which hotel to go to not until a friend refered us to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray at the palm, Indeed it was a surprise that this hotel beats the rest i have been to on the palm....the staff are welcoming but above all the well trained and experienced lifeguards who really wen u have a kid in the pool you can have a good sun bath at the beach with nothing to worry special thanks go to Henry Morgan for he made my kids love the pool more ..for the two three weeks stay in the hotel my kids never wanted to swim on mondays because he was not there...thanks so much henry hope we shall find you again when we come back next year....Zabeel saray should not be five star but now a six star

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank brianfred

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality and exquisite facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you for recognizing Henry who impressed you by their attention and professionalism. It is always with pride that I am able to personally recognize him for his efforts to exceed our guests expectations.

I am also very pleased to know that you will definitely return to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Myself and my other half have just come back from spending a week at the Zabeel Saray. I would highly recommend this hotel, the service was absolutely fantastic as was the quality of the rooms. We had a lovely balcony, the bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was amazing - with a huge marble bath big enough to fit 6 adults! The private beach and pool was lovely with staff handing out free water and ice lollies during the day. You could also order from the beach bar and have food/cocktails at your sun bed!!

When we arrived at 9.30am our room wasn't ready but they were very accommodating and allowed us to get stuff out of our luggage and use the spa facilities to change, a short nap on the sun lounger and then at roughly midday our room was ready, where we got shown how everything worked and our luggage was already in our room.

Food was brilliant, hotel interior was so beautiful. Would love to stay again!!

Room Tip: Half Board was very good - entitles you to a 3 course meal!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jess B

Dear Guest

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging our high levels of customer service, culinary fare and our opulent facilities.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed for 4 nights on a half board basis plus executive club.
Everything at the hotel was perfect. Our room was very large with electric blinds, a great view, remote control everything.
The pool and pool service were perfect.
With the free food and drinks at exec club, plus huge breakfast selection and dinner we spent very little at the hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank mackay-7
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgements of our opulent hotel, exquisite facilities and high level of customer service provided by our team of incredible colleagues.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.