“Luxury hotel! ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
East Midlands
“Luxury hotel! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is by far one of the most beautiful hotels in Dubai. The finishing is out of this world with only the most opulent and best of furnishings throughout the hotel. The club room is stunning, romantic, spacious and has all the mod cons you would want ie docking station coffee making machine etc. The restaurants are lovely, the pool area is tranquil and relaxing and there is this wonderful aroma that follows you around the hotel. I felt like a queen! Admittedly the hotel does lack bit of a buzz, even at full capacity it seemed quiet at night but that's not a bad thing and you can easily jump on the free shuttle to other jumeirah hotels. We had the half board deal and I would highly recommend it, you really did get half board in around 30 different restaurants as opposed to just the buffet option which is what many hotels offering half board limit you to. We loved our time here and we cannot wait to visit the hotel again. Also we had club lounge access which I would highly recommend, you get ala carte breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea as well as pre dinner two hour drinks and snacks. Drinks include unlimited fizz I.e prosecco and beer which is a steal! The club managed manju is a lovely man and made an extra special effort to arrange little surprises for my husbands birthday meal such a complimentary cakes and glasses of fizz in amala, the Indian restaurant. I must also add the rest of the team are very professional, friendly and a credit to the hotel. Having stayed in many 5 star hotels, none have been as beautiful as this one.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Mr. Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgements of our opulent hotel, exquisite facilities and culinary fare.

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that we were able to deliver the high level of customer service that Jumeirah is renowned for. Thank you for recognizing Manju and his team from our Club Lounge who impressed you by their attention and professionalism. It is with great pleasure that
I am able to recognize them for their efforts to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

Stephan Schupbach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,236)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Rotherham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Check in was swift but after being shown to our first floor room I was extremely disappointed in the view of a roof instead of the sea view room we had booked. After returning to the arrivals area we were told that if we returned around 6pm they might have another room. We were having an ice cream in the lobby later on when we were approached and told that our new room was ready; the view from the fifth floor is much nicer. We ate mainly at Imperium as they had a good choice, and ate at Amala one evening for dinner, it was nice but nothing special. We had a couples massage one morning as we had a 35% discount as we had travelled with Thomas Cook Signature. The spa was really nice and the therapists were excellent and made us feel special. The pool area was nice but could have done with some more sun loungers as it was quite difficult to get one if you had been out in the morning. The free water was totally necessary and the ice lollies were a nice touch. Every member of staff was very pleasant and always had a smile. We decide to visit Voda bar one night before dinner for the 2 for 1 happy hour and even though there was only one other couple in the bar it still took 20 minutes for us to get some drinks, we decided to stay for another drink and it took another 20 minutes; we paid in cash and waited 15 minutes for our change but it never arrived. Some of the other guests were quite rude; whilst queuing at the concierge desk on a couple of occasions other guests just ignored the queue and walked straight to the desk and were seen next, the hotel can't stop guests being rude but they could advise them that there is a queue and not just serve them. We only stayed for 4 nights and this was not long enough; I would return but probably earlier in the year when it's cooler.

Room Tip: High floor for a better view
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgements of our high level of customer service provided by our team of incredible colleagues.

I am also grateful for the areas you identified where you feel we could improve as it is from those that we strive to exceed our guests expectations.

Thank you for indicating that you will be returning to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I accept from reading the depth of positive reviews that my experience, althought not unique is by no means the majority of people's experiences and tha the venue is sublime and really lovely but to be honest I had the most awful customer service experiences from pretty much ALL staff I interacted with.

I have tried to rationalise my experience and can only think that with the breath of nationalities represented on the staff (not a bad thing) that manage of internal communications is a v v difficult thing so when something goes wrong , as it did , the solution becomes harder to deliver - and trust me it was.

So here we go.....

Arrived 1 hr early for check in and room not ready - not a problem went for lunch ( good lunch )
Went back to check in , room ready so all good so far.
Had left bags with concierge when arrived.
Had only booked 1 night but asked was it possible to extend to 2 as we had a very late night flight departure.
Asked to extend also as Jumeirah etihad towers in Abu dhabi had really impressed me and I had become a brand advocate.
Was told no as hotel fully booked - ok as well.
But then was waiting and waiting for keys to my now ready room.
Went to the concierge to ask about boat trips but clearly was interrupting his personal call so he simply ushered me away, now seeing a little red.
Nice chap came with keys but said he couldn't activate keys for some reason so please come with him from the check in area to reception - we did. This was all 45mins to 1 hour since we had come back from lunch now.
Now fiasco set in where literally everyone was trying to help me but nice chap was missing ( trying to still sort it out as it transpired ) but everyone who was trying to help really wasnt that interested.
After another period the guy came back with keys ...... And someone else with my bags - an hour + but we were finally on the way to the room.
Got to room, oops not the right keys - would I mind the bags ...... No I said I'd go to reception. ( running out of faith clearly ) and asked him to mind luggage outside my room instead.
Back to reception, guy who had got first sets of keys - not to be seen.
Seeing red at this point.
Manager came along , calmed me down, investigated, said my room was test room for new system and special keys were required , special white keycards that were in the safe but they now had to locate someone with safe keys - could I please wait. Well I had been for 90 mins on top of the hour I had taken for lunch so now 2.5 hrs since I had arrived.
Keys arrived and was told the hotel would definitely need these keys back as special prototype keys - if they were that special don't use the bloody room ( clearly v v red at this point)
Got to room again - in
Bags - gone
Phone - not working
Me - every possible shad of red
I went back to reception ( poor lady saw me coming and could sense my absolute frustration)
Escorted me to get bags - guy who had been minding them at my room clearly got bored an dad returned them - where was he - also now missing)
I said I would take them myself - I didn't have to and the nice guy that helped my did keep apologising but to be fair how was any of this his fault and besides I was steaming red red red at this point.
Into room with bags - and the room , prototype room had a bad bad odour
I was not coping.
They called up , I explained , they offered me another room ( note that when I had checked in I had been told the hotel was fully booked - so where did this room come from?????)
Same guy who was suppose to have minded my bags now came up and helped me moved bags to new room which to be fair was a really lovely room
But before he left the tone changed and he asked me " whos decesion was it to move rooms, well is this one ok now , will this one do "
I was a bit taken aback at the questions and the tone

The net result of all this was I was in a functioning room about 3-4 hours after I arrived at the hotel
These was no consistent person to take charge of my issue or who did take charge of my issue
I missed the 4pm boat trip I wanted to go on
The new room I was in was an upgrade but to be honest I wouldn't have minded if it was a broom cupboard if I had been checked in properly at the start
And I was still now no wiser whether I could now book a second night given the hotel was clearly NOT full but I had fun out of energy to ask

As I said at the start my experience is clearly not representative of how most people feel about this hotel , which is lovely but I strongly feel there is a front of house issue management process issue that means if there is a problem - it quickly become a PROBLEM

My very short trip to Dubai was impacted and I really don't think that was fair and the worth thing after all this "seeing red" was that there was no one to even empathise as to my experience because no one person know !!!!!!

No one was managing effectively !

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank TravellingRainbow
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent visit to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

We truly value your opinion, as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence.

I am sorry to read that there were aspects of your experience that did not meet your expectations and I would like to express my personal apologies that you left the hotel feeling dissatisfied. Rest assured that your feedback in regard to your check in experience and the lack of empathy from our colleagues has been taken seriously and shared with the relevant colleagues involved, for immediate action and remedial improvement. I truly hope you will regard such experience as an isolate case rather than the norm, and not a representation of standards Jumeirah is renowned for.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, allowing us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Have just returned following a 10 night stay at this hotel. What can I say.... the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The service is second to none and the staff can not do enough to make your stay here special. Food was fantastic and restaurants well decorated. Definitely felt very special throughout our stay. Drinks a bit pricey, but to be expected. Rooms well equipped and cleaned twice daily. Would highly recommend and would absolutely return. Can not find anything negative to say about this hotel.

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality and exquisite facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

I am also very pleased to know that you will definitely return to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

we have just returned from this hotel. Absolutely stunning décor very traditional and amazing. staff were wonderful so friendly and helpful with every enquiry. Arrived mid morning rooms were not ready but we were offered complimentary coffees whilst we waited, we expected to wait until the afternoon to be able to check in. Rooms were perfect, clean and cool It was a good 40 mins from the airport and it was 40-45 minutes to everything we went to , used the local taxis and found them to be fine. not overly expensive about $20-30 AUD. We had the package that you could have breakfast and dinner at any of the hotels restaurants. Blown away by the display of food in the restaurant but found it to be largely tasteless and had been sitting for too long and the meats/ fish tended to be dried out and overcooked. The Italian restaurant in the complex also left a lot to be desired. the prawn dish from the grill arrived at the table and comprised of 4 prawns and we had to pay additional 50 Dhms... pizza also lacked flavour. This would be our only issue with the hotel . Otherwise fabulous holiday and stopover in absolute luxury

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgement of our opulent hotel and exquisite facilities.

I am also grateful for your feedback in regard to our culinary offering and rest assured your feedback has been shared with our team to remedy these shortcomings.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and recommending Jumeirah Zabeel Saray on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We have just returned from this hotel yesterday and what can I say but wow. It is the best hotel we have ever stayed in and likely to stay in. The service is second to none and such opulence. Nothing is too much trouble. We eat out in the other jumeriah restaurants which were OK but did not compare to the Zabeel Saray. If we can afford to come to Dubai again, I am sure we will come back to this hotel. Do not hesitate in booking this hotel. Its one of the best.

Room Tip: HIgh floor.
5 Thank shaz44
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Guest

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and I am delighted to read we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you for indicating that you will be returning to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We have just had 4 nights here the place is spotless & grand. I could not pick 1 fault with the place. It was so much more than we imagined. We booked through thomas cook signature it was a fantastic deal. The staff are all friendly, happy & helpful. Free water & ice lollies by the pool & on the beach even offering cucumber for your eyes!I would recommend this hotel & we will certainly be back but possibly not in june it was very humid. we have been told christmas is amazing here & the weather will be in the 30s so think we may try then. We had a fri brunch champagne cocktails & all you can eat at the jumeriah beach hotel which was lush then finished in the 360 bar were the views are stunning. In our hotel the choice & quality of food was brilliant & our bedroom suite was gorgeous
Tanya & scott

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank tarquellefamily
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

It is gratifying to learn that we were able to deliver the high level of customer service that Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts are renowned for, and I am pleased you enjoyed our great facilities and culinary fare.

I look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.